The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Twitter in general
I like twitter.
Dont have any family or friends there to annoy me.
Twitter for me is what facebook used to be. Just funny clips and a bit of craic.
Facebook at some stage became so full of hatred and ads that I just had to delete it.
Best decision ever.
I know there's a lot of spanners on twitter as well, but usually I just ignore them.
I suppose it depends who you follow and how many followers you have. I keep it low and only see what I want to see.

I like twitter.
Twitter for me is what facebook used to be. Just funny clips and a bit of craic.
Facebook at some stage became so full of hatred and ads that I just had to delete it.
Best decision ever.
I know there's a lot of spanners on twitter as well, but usually I just ignore them.
I suppose it depends who you follow and how many followers you have. I keep it low and only see what I want to see.
I was in the same boat as @sampa543 ,used to hate Twitter and Instagram, finding them just as cheap and limited rip offs of Facebook. But then, it is more than 5 years that I stopped even using Facebook, so I assume I hate them all now.
And believe me there was a period of my life 12 years ago, that I couldn't let a day pass, without check my Facebook notifications..

I like twitter.
Best decision ever.

I'm the same. I despise Facebook (and LinkedIn) more than any other platform, generally. Twitter can get really nasty but it's still far easy to find interesting and entertaining things.

I do wish, however, that Twitter could almost categorise shares. Classic example yesterday. Brian Moore. Even though he's a rugby man, he's alright. Find some of his views interesting.

Julia Hartley-Brewer. Professional troll. Vile and dangerous. I've blocked her for the good of my blood pressure.

They had a spat yesterday, which brought some of her bile onto my timeline. It would be nice if you could tag things as positive or negative when you share them, and could block/hide the negative ones.

Annoyingly I use social media for work and can't avoid a lot of it, good or bad.

LinkedIn is a lot of crap. Im on it, but only coz after deleting facebook I had to get in touch with few people I used to work with and didnt find any other way to find them.
But the amount of brown nosing is blinding there. I cant stand it and never even check it, apart from times when I have to message someone.

Twitter lack of edit button is my biggest pain there. Fat fingers are not most reliable, plus I often change the way I want to say something half way through sentence. If I dont read it back and edit carefully - Im ending with some proper cpt Chaos tweets..

Call me old, cuz i only regular visit evo web and the tube.
Tried Farcebook a few years back, but too many ego's on there, and all the rest i can do without.

Talking of Youtube If i am perfectly honest it is like looking in a sewer for diamonds. Obviously for self help and tuition of virtually anything it is brilliant. But too many badly made videos on there, and a lot of them especially compilation vids are just ripped off clips from others.

Also what pisses me off is videos that have some cheezy over loud synth pop tune that has you scrambling for the mute button. Also when they use "ambient" background music, that totally overpowers their narrative.

Can't be doing with social media so I don't and never have had any of it.

Seriously believe social media should have to be in your real name with proof of ID required. Would stop a lot of the hate if people could no longer hide behind anonymity. It might also stop all the racist wankers abusing footballers too.

People's expectations of snow being cleared. We've had it really bad up here, and people can't accept that - sometimes - mother nature wins. Yet they expect all roads and pavements to be clear. Without doing their own bit, of course.

People's expectations of snow being cleared. We've had it really bad up here, and people can't accept that - sometimes - mother nature wins. Yet they expect all roads and pavements to be clear. Without doing their own bit, of course.
Speaking of snow.. dont know if I ever shared this, so apologies if I did..

Few years ago we got destroyed here. Basically whole village was cut off for a week. We have one decent size shop here and it was keeping all of us going on its stock. Most people were walking to the shop, but older people were trying to drive there. Its a small village, nowhere is far, but the roads were diabolical even for a short journey.

Anyway - one day I decided to do a bit to help out. I decided to clear the road on my side of the estate (about 200 metres). When I came out and started shoveling, two of the neighbours came out as well. 3 of us were at it for about 2 hours. We were in absolute bits after, hands were hanging of us..
It wasnt anywhere where I imagined it would be, but it was better than before.
We decided that we did as much as we could and head back inside for a cup of tea..

Just as I collapsed on the couch, holding a cup of tea, that was shaking like chihuahua in the snow (coz my hands were so tired) - a big FUCK OFF tractor with snow plough blade went by the window and cleared the whole estate..

That pissed me off at the time.
Now I think its hilarious..

Speaking of snow.. dont know if I ever shared this, so apologies if I did..

Few years ago we got destroyed here. Basically whole village was cut off for a week. We have one decent size shop here and it was keeping all of us going on its stock. Most people were walking to the shop, but older people were trying to drive there. Its a small village, nowhere is far, but the roads were diabolical even for a short journey.

Anyway - one day I decided to do a bit to help out. I decided to clear the road on my side of the estate (about 200 metres). When I came out and started shoveling, two of the neighbours came out as well. 3 of us were at it for about 2 hours. We were in absolute bits after, hands were hanging of us..
It wasnt anywhere where I imagined it would be, but it was better than before.
We decided that we did as much as we could and head back inside for a cup of tea..

Just as I collapsed on the couch, holding a cup of tea, that was shaking like chihuahua in the snow (coz my hands were so tired) - a big FUCK OFF tractor with snow plough blade went by the window and cleared the whole estate..

That pissed me off at the time.
Now I think its hilarious..

That story is sen-sational. Phenomenal!

Its not something that Pisses me off in particular, but I cant understand it and cant get my head around it.
I suppose, as a result, it pisses me off a little bit..:LOL:

Why do people write "he/him" or "she/her" in their profile?? Do people feel the need to make sure that others know their gender??
Please help me understand humanity..

Its not something that Pisses me off in particular, but I cant understand it and cant get my head around it.
I suppose, as a result, it pisses me off a little bit..:LOL:

Why do people write "he/him" or "she/her" in their profile?? Do people feel the need to make sure that others know their gender??
Please help me understand humanity..

That's the "woke" generation. Prepared to tick any boxes to make themselves look "Right on" FFS WAKE UP!! :LOL:

Makes me sad that we're more label-obsessed than ever. People are determined to be defined. Gender identity is complex, an issue I struggle to comprehend. But I realise that I don't need to understand it. Makes no odds to me how people identify themselves. As long as they're happy, fair fucks to them. And if it's a situation for them and they wish to define it in their Twitter bio or whatever, fair enough. But yeah, people doing it just to be seen doing it can get so far to fuck. And loads of people do it. That's my (he/him) take on it anyway!

Speaking of identifying genders, gender reveal parties piss me off and can get in the bin.

Makes me sad that we're more label-obsessed than ever. People are determined to be defined. Gender identity is complex, an issue I struggle to comprehend. But I realise that I don't need to understand it. Makes no odds to me how people identify themselves. As long as they're happy, fair fucks to them. And if it's a situation for them and they wish to define it in their Twitter bio or whatever, fair enough. But yeah, people doing it just to be seen doing it can get so far to fuck. And loads of people do it. That's my (he/him) take on it anyway!

Speaking of identifying genders, gender reveal parties piss me off and can get in the bin.
Thats exactly my issue.
If someone has an actual issue and want to express himself and show that he is not afraid and accepts his own identity (whatever it might be) - fair enough.

But when I see regular bloke saying he/him - im not sure what he is trying to say there..

Is he showing his... support..? Showing how cool and "woke" he is?
Or is he mocking them? Cause it can easily be read this way too.

And another thing - if a grown up decides one day that he is no longer he, but she - whatever makes you happy. But if a parent declares that their child will be gender neutral till they are 18 and they can decide for themselves - now thats ridiculous.
This is, in my humble opinion, a really cruel way to make childs life awkward, confusing and unnecessary difficult. How even they are supposed to refer to the child at school?? "IT"? "Hey, you!".. that is fucked up..

Thats exactly my issue.
If someone has an actual issue and want to express himself and show that he is not afraid and accepts his own identity (whatever it might be) - fair enough.

But when I see regular bloke saying he/him - im not sure what he is trying to say there..

And another thing - if a grown up decides one day that he is no longer he, but she - whatever makes you happy. But if a parent declares that their child will be gender neutral till they are 18 and they can decide for themselves - now thats ridiculous.
This is, in my humble opinion, a really cruel way to make childs life awkward, confusing and unnecessary difficult. How even they are supposed to refer to the child at school?? "IT"? "Hey, you!".. that is fucked up..

Totally. Nothing says "don't conform" like being told how to feel for 18 years.

What doesn't sit well with me is kids making huge, life-altering changes to their lifestyles and bodies. I don't think I knew - as wanky as is sounds - who I am until I was in my early 20s. You're susceptible to so much confusion and influence as a child/teenager that I don't think it should be within their hands to have surgery or hormone treatment. Nothing irreversible at least.

Thats exactly my issue.

So being the ugly old git i am, with this logic, i can tell people i am now quite handsome and need to treat me so accordingly? do you thinks that would work? Nah thought not. :D Each to their own his what i say, but shouldn't feel the need to tell the world. Even though the world now knows how ugly i am.

(note my typo i highlighted, i think, its telling me something)
[HIDE][HIDE]Gollum.jpg[/HIDE][/HIDE]

People driving slowly in the left lane on the highway while riding right next to the car in the right lane so I can't pass. It always happens when I'm in a hurry.

Extremly to much expansive GPU prices. :MAD:

It is a real problem at the moment.
I can understand scalpers, but the problem at the moment with retailers charging well above and beyond the MSRP is a massive issue.
box.co.uk yesterday were selling 3070 GPU's for £870.. That's a 3070 - I paid £780 on launch day for an MSI 3080.

The massive silicon shortage at the moment is effecting everyone and everything.
Even the PS5's for sale on Game the other day, were sold only as bundles and the bundles also included a £20 T-Shirt no one wanted.

Last edited:
When i try to recall a song i have not listen to, for a looooong time, and my mind loops me with a false melody , distracting me from recall either the song or some lyrics to google it.

In the meantime some random guy posts a comment somewhere in the internet:
-I am searching for a song from 90's, going like this: lalala-tata-dada-didi-turu-turu.....

And 2~3 comments below, someone finds him the song!!!!! :shiver:

Back
Top Bottom