The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

When i try to recall a song i have not listen to, for a looooong time, and my mind loops me with a false melody , distracting me from recall either the song or some lyrics to google it.

In the meantime some random guy posts a comment somewhere in the internet:
-I am searching for a song from 90's, going like this: lalala-tata-dada-didi-turu-turu.....

And 2~3 comments below, someone finds him the song!!!!! :shiver:

Nah, he found it, then signed up with another account to look clever and spooky. :PP
Maybe he was an unemployed clairvoyant who needed to show convincing material to his prospective customers. or maybe....i am just rambling :YES:

EDIT just guessing but it wasn't "Saturday night" by Whigfield, was it? :COAT:

Last edited:
Nah, he found it, then signed up with another account to look clever and spooky. :PP
Maybe he was an unemployed clairvoyant who needed to show convincing material to his prospective customers. or maybe....i am just rambling :YES:

EDIT just guessing but it wasn't "Saturday night" by Whigfield, was it? :COAT:
I think you Rickrolled me :P

Windows Loading Bar
While Billy Gates is off doing his other shit, he never did fix the load times, on his OP's did he. It is like asking a blind man to look at the arrivals board and tell you what time the next train is coming! and that train is in the UK!! so it becomes more problematic.

Can you imagine going to the dry cleaners after telling you your suit was ready for collection........"hello, i have come to collect my suit?"......"not ready for ABOUT 2 hrs 30 mins, sir".........."but you said it was ready?"........ "sorry you will have to come back" (later) "my suit"......"there you go sir, it was ready 5 minutes after you left" :RANT:

MS should tell it like it is.....
joke load bar1.jpeg

@Buzzy So true! And don't get me started on permissions! "You do not have permission to save in this location" "Contact your administrator" There's me thinking it was my computer when all the while there's some mysterious administrator in charge of it. Why on earth is Program Files(x86) not set by default for me to have permission? It's Windows Home, the clue is in the name you gave it Microsoft. I'm not using it in some non-descript American workplace full of 200 cubicles with an administrator named Betty who has blue rinse hair and the hint of a moustache if you look close enough.

And while we're at it, stop updating it every five minutes . Oh and after you have done the pop up telling me I have an update and I have told you a time I'm going to do it, then stop reminding me, I fucking know, just let it go.

Also you would have thought MS would have taken the hint of that famous term "PC" but then again they must think it stands for Public computer. :BLINK:

BTW meet Betty....Ihe Admin from hell...also note to all staff, please feel free to use this as your avatar when you are having a bad day....

[HIDE]Untitled (2).jpg[/HIDE]

Last edited:
Windows Loading Bar
While Billy Gates is off doing his other shit, he never did fix the load times, on his OP's did he. It is like asking a blind man to look at the arrivals board and tell you what time the next train is coming! and that train is in the UK!! so it becomes more problematic.

Can you imagine going to the dry cleaners after telling you your suit was ready for collection........"hello, i have come to collect my suit?"......"not ready for ABOUT 2 hrs 30 mins, sir".........."but you said it was ready?"........ "sorry you will have to come back" (later) "my suit"......"there you go sir, it was ready 5 minutes after you left" :RANT:

MS should tell it like it is.....
View attachment 87138
Run it "as Administrator" pal! :D :P :BY:

EDIT: lol, just read @mattmid said the same!!! :P

@Buzzy So true! And don't get me started on permissions! "You do not have permission to save in this location" "Contact your administrator" There's me thinking it was my computer when all the while there's some mysterious administrator in charge of it. Why on earth is Program Files(x86) not set by default for me to have permission? It's Windows Home, the clue is in the name you gave it Microsoft. I'm not using it in some non-descript American workplace full of 200 cubicles with an administrator named Betty who has blue rinse hair and the hint of a moustache if you look close enough.

And while we're at it, stop updating it every five minutes . Oh and after you have done the pop up telling me I have an update and I have told you a time I'm going to do it, then stop reminding me, I fucking know, just let it go.
Matt, do you want Windows to search a solution for you? :CALM::!

And while we're at it, stop updating it every five minutes .
Oh I love them updates. I have an old laptop from early 2000's. Recently I had to do a bit of work, so I brought it down from the attic. First thing that popped out was some update with an option "remind me in 4 days". I instantly had a flashback how for years I was asking it to remind me in 4 days. Its 20 years later and Im still at the opinion that they should remind me in 4 days..:LOL:

Social media accounts using ugly or just plain wrong aspect ratios on their media content. Square video is a bugbear. Obviously cropped to make it IG friendly, but it just doesn't look right for the pan across, like this:

And Twitter images as 2:1 is another one. Then it gets chopped in the timeline. 16:9 all round, please.

This is pissing me off so much (as it becomes more prevalent) that I just have to dig it up again.

Oh I love them updates. I have an old laptop from early 2000's. Recently I had to do a bit of work, so I brought it down from the attic. First thing that popped out was some update with an option "remind me in 4 days". I instantly had a flashback how for years I was asking it to remind me in 4 days. Its 20 years later and Im still at the opinion that they should remind me in 4 days..:LOL:

I think i have been born with a genetic code that is similar as in i give myself 4 days to get my act together, but it keeps getting stuck in a loop, and resets to 4 days to go. :II

I think i have been born with a genetic code that is similar as in i give myself 4 days to get my act together, but it keeps getting stuck in a loop, and resets to 4 days to go. :II

That's like the old adage, don't put off today, what you can put off tomorrow. No, wait, that's not it. :D

This pisses me off at the moment.

https://www.pompeyshop.co.uk/collections/signed-shirts-1

Seriously? Quite apart from the outrageous and frankly ridiculous prices half the players don't even play for the club any more. There's four shirts worn by a player who played 9 games on loan earlier this season and went back in January. If the owner wasn't 75, you'd probably be able to buy his Grandma on there.

and it gets even more embarrassing...

https://www.pompeyshop.co.uk/produc...ed-football-boots?_pos=2&_sid=0ebfbde66&_ss=r

This for a guy who has played the total of 6 league games in two seasons and none this season.

Oh and if you're interested (no, me neither!) you can get a signed programme for this weekend's Papa John's final against Salford (last year's competition by the way) for just £15! A cup final that fans had paid for a year ago, postponed by the first lockdown and finally got refunded on last month. With Salford's sales as well that was 55-60,000 tickets, so over a million pounds being held by either the clubs, the efl or wembley for a year.

Multi million pound! smart motorway awareness campaign, telling UK drivers to go left, if breaking down. I am sorry but if you have to be told this you shouldn't be using the road. :BRMM:

Smart motorway drivers told to ‘go left’ (msn.com)

Grant Shapps country club buddy isn't in advertising, per chance?...

My gripe today: silent mode and do not disturb. I just want silent mode with a single exception. But I need to have silent mode off and do not disturb on, which means I have to fuck about with other settings. First world problem but I stand by it.

Whats the effects, mate? if you dont mind me asking.

Headache and tiredness. Took six hours for the pain to peak, and then I crashed for about another six. Woke up feeling much better but still a little groggy.

For context, AstraZeneca vaccine, and I'm in my 30s and in reasonable health!

Headache and tiredness. Took six hours for the pain to peak, and then I crashed for about another six. Woke up feeling much better but still a little groggy.

For context, AstraZeneca vaccine, and I'm in my 30s and in reasonable health!
Yeah this AstraZeneca one must be a bit shit...There were reports that it causes even more serious side effects in some cases and i even read that some countries put it on hold until further investigations..
My 78 year old grandma though did the Pfeizer one and didn't have any side effects at all.

Every vaccine will have some side effects. Its your body adjusting and responding to it. Better two days of this than ending up in hospital (or worse).
What pisses me off much more are anti vaxxers. Especially the ones who decide not to vaccinate their kids.

Don't get me wrong, I was expecting them. I just hoped they'd hit me gradually over a day or two, as opposed to the kitchen sink just hours after! Headache and tiredness has lifted in the most part, but that's the arm seizing up now.

And for the greater good, I'd do it all again tomorrow. Anti-vaxxers can get in the bin. I can understand people being wary, sure. What I can't understand is people taking the word of balloons on YouTube over that of established science.

Multi million pound! smart motorway awareness campaign, telling UK drivers to go left, if breaking down. I am sorry but if you have to be told this you shouldn't be using the road. :BRMM:

Smart motorway drivers told to ‘go left’ (msn.com)

What pisses me off more is calling them smart motorways. What's smart about breaking down on the motorway and getting hit by a fucking lorry cos there's no hard shoulder?

And for the greater good, I'd do it all again tomorrow. Anti-vaxxers can get in the bin. I can understand people being wary, sure. What I can't understand is people taking the word of balloons on YouTube over that of established science.

Yes, the irony seems to escape them that they'll refute science but believe any old unsubstantiated shit on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom