The TV Show Thread

Stranger Things 3 is another solid season for them, although I still have one episode to go. Deffo better than season 2 but I suppose it's just really hard to capture the freshness of the first season because it really is more of the same. But man, those characters are so great and I'm stressing out about who might get killed of in the finale.

Stranger Things 3 is another solid season for them, although I still have one episode to go. Deffo better than season 2 but I suppose it's just really hard to capture the freshness of the first season because it really is more of the same. But man, those characters are so great and I'm stressing out about who might get killed of in the finale.

Personally I thought Season 3 was the best one of the lot.
I don't want to discuss it too much as would probably just give away spoilers, but better darker story than the previous two seasons, but really do wonder what they can do next.

Personally I thought Season 3 was the best one of the lot.
I don't want to discuss it too much as would probably just give away spoilers, but better darker story than the previous two seasons, but really do wonder what they can do next.

After the last episode, I absolutely agree. Best season. I was initially a bit annoyed with the
"Invasion of the body snatchers"-elements, as that stuff has been done so many times, but those turned out to be a minor part of the whole thing

And although I loved the ending, and even had tears in my eyes, I am in two minds about going forward with this, because on one hand, it was just a perfect ending, but on the other (and this is a MASSIVE spoiler)
They suggest that Hopper could be alive! Which is equal parts fantastic and kind of lame. But I'll allow it because he is such an awesome character.
Finally, Dustin fucking rules.

Right, gentlemen, here it comes..

Its like a sign. Last night I decided to dig into Witcher 3 again after reading @Isslander posts in here. I was planning to do it for a while now. Today I wake up and there's a trailer.
If its half as good as the game was - it will be amazing. Based purely on books (which I havent read) so it will be fresh for those who loved the game.

Absolutely loved the game to bits having never played any previous game. The best game I've played just behind the RDR games.

Not sure of this though, maybe try it.

Anyone who havent seen Banshee - watch Banshee!!!
Anyone who already watched Banshee - watch The Warrior. Same creators, very good series.

After a tribute night on TV , while i hadn't any better option and after watching a mini marathon of Karate Kid 1-2-3, i started watching "Cobra Kai". Im in s1e7 right now. To avoid spoilers, i will just say that the series have more quality ( always for what the main plot is) than what i expected and i have a really decent watching . The characters are deeper developed, the episodes flow really good, they are in the perfect duration and the most important the balance between nostalgia and current epoch is really well written. I was very sceptical in the begining;, that it would be a nostalgia-milking approach, but it is not.
I hope the flow will not decline on seasons 2&3.

The only "spoiler: and biggest surprise-revelation for me , is the development of William Zabka aka Johnny Lawrence , who became the best hero/antihero character of the series and imho steals the spotlight from Daniel-san (Ralph Macchio).
From Being the ultimate villain of our junior school age and one of my first childhood nightmares -especially the part they were wearing the skeleton costumes and bullied Daniel-san in the night,which gave me many scary bad dreams as a kid- he became now in 2019 one of my favourite hero/antihero/vigilante/badass dude/whatever you like character. I lile him so much, i will start supporting him in the original movie!!! :P

Last edited:
Have been binging on The Man in the High Castle, very interesting setup but the characters are a mixed bag, I often find myself rooting for the main Nazi, which is quite odd, while some of the people in the resistance are complete pieces of shit. I suppose I am just more used to Nazis being complete garbage without any hints is Gray but even though this guy has ticked every number on the theoretical evil bingo card, he is quite sympathetic at times.
His antagonist, the leading actress, is still the favourite, even if she has to resort to questionable tactics at times, her actions are usually justified.
2 seasons done, one to go until they keep going later in the fall.

Last edited:
Have been binging on The Man in the High Castle, very interesting setup but the characters are a mixed bag, I often find myself rooting for the main Nazi, which is quite odd, while some of the people in the resistance are complete pieces of shit. I suppose I am just more used to Nazis being complete garbage without any hints is Gray but even though this guy has ticked every number on the theoretical evil bingo card, he is quite sympathetic at times.
His antagonist, the leading actress, is still the favourite, even if she has to resort to questionable tactics at times, her actions are usually justified.
2 seasons done, one to go until they keep going later in the fall.
Very interesting series. Thanks for suggesting it. I started watching, although (for good or bad) the episodes at least 1st and 2nd are almost 1 hour long. So it will need time! But really very idea for the plot.

Last month I watched The Boys, I highly recommend it. A different take on super heroes, this show is amazing. It's very R-Rated. It shows the dark side of super powered persons.
I loved the cinematography so much, on a big budget cinema level.

I guess @superleeds1 have seen Take us home?
If not,and for all others,about Leeds Utd and their last season.
Maybe not Sunderland til I die heights,but a good watch.

Six dreams,on six different people in La Liga ,also a good watch!

SS-GB
What if the Germans won the battle of Britain?
What "The man in the high castle" could have been.

Always recommending Mindhunter.
Now with season two as well.

SS-GB

Eager to watch the Leeds documentary. Is there much Bielsa content?

Love Six Dreams too, fantastic little doc. Never heard of SS-GB, that sounds interesting...

Eager to watch the Leeds documentary. Is there much Bielsa content?

Love Six Dreams too, fantastic little doc. Never heard of SS-GB, that sounds interesting...
Yeah,I just discovered SS -GB,very well produced English series,remember the actor who played Ian Curtis in the movie Control?
He's the leading character,plays a detective at Scotland yard ,who's under SS control.
Don't know where to find it,I'm seeing it on our public TV (pretty much your BBC)
Edit: it's a BBC 1 production,could very well turn up on Netflix,since they do a lot of co productions

Take us home is very Beilsa orientated,haven't seen him speak to the cameras yet though (3 episodes in) but its a lot of Bielsa content,on how he's transforming the club's football.
Enjoyed it so far (Amazon)

Last edited:

SS-GB

Seems there is a trend with WWII alternative storylines the last 5 years, which i completelly was unaware of. REally interesting concepts. Found what to watch for next winter, and up until the 3rd season of "Cobra Kai" kicks in!!! ;)

Southpark. :LOL:
Havent seen last two.
Simpsons, even tho its very good and funny, just repels me with the way characters look. They annoy me for some reason.
Family Guy was very good and if I was to pick from your list - thats a winner for me.
But Southpark was just amazing. Need to catch up as I stopped watching around season 14..

Anyway - any good series now around?

Most of my series finished up and I have nothing to watch there. Just to describe "my type" a little bit. Great series to me were:

- Banshee (amazing, lads! Few people heard about it, but its a top 5 for me. Great story, action, violence, great characters, boobs (sorry!) and just a right amount of seasons. They finished where they wanted and every season was brilliant!)
- Breaking Bad (didnt like Better Call Saul)
- Deadwood
- Dexter
- Punisher
- Ray Donovan
- Mindhunter
- Game of Thrones (until last two seasons)
- Fargo
- Haunting of a Hill House
- Handmaid's Tale (another gem! It might seem like a series for women, but lads - its more scary than most of the horror movies I've watched. Im finding myself holding my breath on most episodes.. absolutely brilliant!)
Handmaid is brilliant.
Scary as fuck.
Give better caul Saul one more go,I was sceptical,but it's great.

Obviously there's no TV series that touches the brilliance of South Park.
None!

Anyway - any good series now around?

I have watched
- Banshee
- Breaking Bad
- Dexter
- Punisher
- Game of Thrones
- Fargo

Try Narcos!

It's a must watch! Rather than any other series, Narcos is so close to reality.
If you liked Breaking Bad then I believe you would also love Narcos.

Just one ep left of the first half of the last Bojack Horseman season. That sounded confusing. Anyway, it's a shame that it's ending as the seasons just go from strength to strength every year, but at least it won't go on for too long as is often the case. I can't really emphasize enough how much I love Bojack Horseman. A perfect mix of drama and comedy. Astonishingly original, in a world of clichés.

I’m done with season 2 of Search Party! Quite I little nice series. Binged it.

I like mini series myself. And when there is a true story behind it I like series and movies even more.
I’m not sure if I’ve recommended the following already but it’s one I very much like. I won’t spoil! If you are into crime, true story mini series, go for:

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst is a 2015 HBO documentary miniseriesabout New York real estate heir Robert Durst, an accused murderer.[1] It was written by Andrew Jarecki, Marc Smerling, and Zachary Stuart-Pontier.[2]

Don’t watch the trailer! Just the series. Enjoy!!

Just finished watching the first season of Patriot on Amazon Prime. Loved it. Best thing I've seen in a long while. Some great dark humour with many real laugh out loud moments and a great story that's unfolded in a really good way. As each episode progresses and you see how other characters other than the main protagonist came to be where they were in an earlier episode. Going to start season 2 this week, I'm hoping they are making more, season 2 is 2018 so hopefully there's another one being made/been made this year.

Im watching the Witcher on netflix. I barely understand anything whats going on, whos who, where we are.
I spent the first two episodes pausing and getting maps out / Googling Wiki pages for the missus (all the while trying not to spoil anything), who felt a little better for the background info.

The writer has come out since and said that series one is pretty much hurriedly setting the stories up for a deeper series two, which is disappointing, but I've got to admit, I'm really enjoying it (and I wasn't expecting to at all) and so is the other half (who sees it as "a sort of Harry Potter if Harry Potter was from Die Hard and if it was all a little bit silly").

I spent the first two episodes pausing and getting maps out / Googling Wiki pages for the missus (all the while trying not to spoil anything), who felt a little better for the background info.

The writer has come out since and said that series one is pretty much hurriedly setting the stories up for a deeper series two, which is disappointing, but I've got to admit, I'm really enjoying it (and I wasn't expecting to at all) and so is the other half (who sees it as "a sort of Harry Potter if Harry Potter was from Die Hard and if it was all a little bit silly").
Apparently (I havent read the books, but few good friends and my dad had) - first book was more like a bunch of little stories. And season 1 is very much true and faithful to the books.
So - fair play to them - gimme more!

Yeah the first book is basically short stories, and the author seems to have figured there was something more there along the way. The whole timeline thing will make sense in the end, but don't watch this with the phone or laptop on the side, you have to pay attention. It's lovely looking as well so it's worth it.

Even if the author is pissed at CD Projekt Red and they are in some ways distancing themselves from the games, there are nods to the games in there as well. The Geralt bath sequence is one thing, and there is the one scene early on where Geralt takes on a group of thugs - with one crossbow archer as well. If you have played at least the Witcher 3 you know how many encounters involve a group of armed thugs, plus one crossbow archer.

Then again, the games are very faithful to the books, so it's probably all connected anyway. But I am quite impressed with this first season.

Finished the 4th season if The Expanse last night. Another solid season, but the secondary plot threads on Earth and Mars were a bit dull. They do pick up near the end though, and the main plotline is quite exciting throughout.

Back
Top Bottom