The TV Thread

I need some help, I was watching TV and the picture suddenly dims, my Tivo box and PS3 are both affected. I've tried different HDMI cables and it's not solving the issue.

Any suggestions?

No it happened suddenly last night, I think something in the TV is dying.

I've had the TV for four years, time for a new one I think.

Last edited:
The best way to get 30" would be to use one of these.

washday_010_mid.jpg

And you can get TV's anywhere.

I am going to get a

Samsung UE50ES6300
or
Samsung UE55ES6100

Has anybody experience with this TVs?
I am especially interested in input lag of those two models, as I want to connect it with PS3.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking no higher than £499. I have a 32" LG now but it's not ... It's not that great. It's good... But I'd just like a larger screen and hopefully at the same time a better picture. 3D and smart tv isn't something I'm after but the mrs willbe swayed if it has them. She already used the line "why buy a new tv for a few hundred if its nothing more than just a bigger screen?"

I've seen this one
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...e40f6400-smart-3d-40-led-tv-21251493-pdt.html

Now I've seen that model in person, it's impressive as it's very slim/all screen. If you get a chance to see it in person I'm sure you'll agree.

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a new TV and I'm torn between 2, this Sony 50 incher 100hz and this Sony 48 incher 50hz.

In all honesty I don't care about 3D, but I'd like me some Smartness. So I'm ok with the 48 incher, but it's only 50hz, and here lies the problem. I really don't know the difference between both as I've been using plasma for so long I've never worried about such a thing. I've done my research but I've not gotten a definitive answer on the net. You've got people saying it's better, some say it doesn't make any difference really and some say it's simply up to the person. I want to know if 100hz is worth the extra $300.

I also want to point out that I'm interested in these 2 sets since they offer low energy consumption, and they seem to have pretty good features. Which brings me to the question, does lower wattage mean lesser performance of any kind?

I hope the "TV heads" in here lend a hand.

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a new TV and I'm torn between 2, this Sony 50 incher 100hz and this Sony 48 incher 50hz.

In all honesty I don't care about 3D, but I'd like me some Smartness. So I'm ok with the 48 incher, but it's only 50hz, and here lies the problem. I really don't know the difference between both as I've been using plasma for so long I've never worried about such a thing. I've done my research but I've not gotten a definitive answer on the net. You've got people saying it's better, some say it doesn't make any difference really and some say it's simply up to the person. I want to know if 100hz is worth the extra $300.

I also want to point out that I'm interested in these 2 sets since they offer low energy consumption, and they seem to have pretty good features. Which brings me to the question, does lower wattage mean lesser performance of any kind?

I hope the "TV heads" in here lend a hand.

Not a TV head but out of those two I'd get the 48 incher, although 40 inches is my preferred size. The 48 is quite a bit cheaper and will offer great performance. Or, you could wait for the new curved TVs.:))

I've seen a couple of the curved ones but not sure I'm into that.

Re TV sizes, I've now upgraded to choosing between 55" and 60" :D

Realized the viewing distance in our new unit is much farther. Think 55" should be fine.

One of these is what I'll be going for now:

55" Sony LED 3D
60" Sony LED

3D or 5" more...

What do you think of OLED-TV? LG seems to have managed to bring them to market, sure a bit more expensive than the average TV's, but the black-level is impressive.

I for one will replace my panasonic plasma with such an OLED-TV in a few years. By then it will be less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom