The Ultimate Mp3 Collection?

M

MonkeyJug

over the past 3 or 4 months, i have been on a long & labourious mission to compile the ultimate mp3 collection - trying to accumulate EVERY good song that has EVER been! USENET has been my best friend! i've also spent, literally hours - no, days! using magic file renamer and the free-but-excellent 'the godfather' programs to get all the filenames and mp3 tags exactly how i want them so it all looks absolutely perfect when viewed in itunes!

finally, i think i've cracked it!

i have over 30,000 mp3s in my collection - a whopping 250GBs of songs - but the beauty is, they're all perfectly catalogued! man, i need help! :lmao:

it consists of:

the billboard top 100 songs of every year, from 1960 to 2004

the billboard top 1000 songs of all-time

radio veronica's top 3000 songs of all-time

radio veronica's top 750 albums of all-time

id&t top 500 dance tunes of all-time

the top 500 rock songs of all-time

the entire 'now that's what i call music' collection - volumes 1-63

over 8,000 trance mp3s - a collection that spans from dial-up and 1997

...and a selection of miscellaneous songs where some songs have slipped through the net

now if only they would release a 250GB ipod!

Hehe, very nice! However i would say the Ultimate Mp3 Collection needs certain tunes in it, to be classed as THE Ultimate :D

Space Brothers - Forgiven (Ferry Corsten Remix)
Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip
Solar Stone - Solarcoaster (Steve Murano Remix)

.... are NEEDED in it! \\:o/ :lol:

I have a tiny collection compared to yours man. Only 140GB's worth of trance, dance and house stuff here! Only categorization i've done so far is putting them in the folders A, B, C, D.... etc!

However - when it comes to original CDs.. i'd say there's around 2,000 dance music singles and compilations altogether :D

im fussy with mp3 tags and stuff like that so i feel ur pain :)

proxi where can i get solarcoaster and the other solar stone tunes u mentioned in the trance thread

Have you got soulseek dude? If not tell me which you're still after.

All my collection (bar around 50 tracks) are shared on soulseek you see. :)

Go to the right and add me as a user, i'm "proximus" on there. Then you can browse my stuff / take what you want!

proxi said:
Go to the right and add me as a user, i'm "proximus" on there. Then you can browse my stuff / take what you want!

Ok cheers

got an error atm though

Well try and send me a message dude. Once you do i can add you to my userlist and it'll be easier to browse files. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom