The Warrior's PS2

JimJoeC

Custom User Title
26 June 2002
Southampton, England
Saints
The Warrior's is due for release this Friday (21st) in the UK.

Love the film and this could be another classic from R*.

It's set before, during and after the film and has been receiving pretty decent reviews so far. It's basicaly a mix of Manhunt and GTA and for me that's one of the best mixes you could have.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/919172.asp

It's got an average of 84.9% and they only thing the reviewers are complaining about is the graphics.

It's out at the same time as Pro though and I don't normaly buy two games at the same time as one get's neglected however in this instance I think I'll be forced to score them both!

Anyone else getting it?

As it's probably my favourite film ever, I'll certainly be picking this up come Friday :)

This is a pricey week, this, Quake 4, Buzz The Music Quiz and possibly PES5 :(

It's not easy if you ramp the difficulty level up, the game is excellent, does the film justice.

babs said:
It's not easy if you ramp the difficulty level up, the game is excellent, does the film justice.

yep, youre right.
my last post was written when i played for few hours.
this is great game.

Raelly getting into this game now, it's a little ragged at first but then you get used to the control mechanism and it gets a lot better.

Especially liked the riot level! Mayhem aplenty!!

Didn't like having to run from the baseball fury's though. I'm sure revenge will be mine!

Is it true there's a section you fight a gang called the 'Savage Huns' and you have to run through their turf with t-shirts emblazoned with 'FUCK THE HUNS' on the front?

I know Rockstar have put subtle pro-Celtic quips in their games before but that's just blatant. :lol:

Lol, not come to that bit yet but I hope it is true!

This game is so great even my bird likes to play it! The best part is double teaming someone and while your mate holds them you administer a swift knee where it does the most good!

It's stopping me playing Pro it's that good.

yuyazan said:
btw, is there cheat code like hot coffee for gta?

Yes, you need to find the leader of the Orphans and mug him. Then you get a phone number of a girl. Press :x:, :square:, :triangle: and :circle: and then your character will go to a payphone and then to her house.

Flashback called "Scouts honor" where you Have to Wreck China town as Fox wearing the t-shirt "Fuck U Huns". Think the T-shirt is up in the den on the wall. :D

jogi said:
Yes, you need to find the leader of the Orphans and mug him. Then you get a phone number of a girl. Press :x:, :square:, :triangle: and :circle: and then your character will go to a payphone and then to her house.

thx\\:o/

What is this hot coffee reference? Are you talking about getting laid in the game?

ClassicD said:
Is it true there's a section you fight a gang called the 'Savage Huns' and you have to run through their turf with t-shirts emblazoned with 'FUCK THE HUNS' on the front?

I know Rockstar have put subtle pro-Celtic quips in their games before but that's just blatant. :lol:
Might get this game now, that convinced me.:lol:

"that it was made by rockstar" convinced me and i just think i might not be disappointed..... getting it t'mowz.. ;)

studeep said:
"that it was made by rockstar" convinced me and i just think i might not be disappointed..... getting it t'mowz.. ;)

Trust me, this game is excellent. It get's better and better the more you play it. Some of the grapple super moves you can do are sickeningly brilliant!

Slamming people into the ground then leaping two footed onto their backs!!! Have it!

Ajax is by far the best "I'll shove that baton up your arse and turn you into a popsicle!!!" Genius.

There are lots of other modes too it as well, battle royal is the best. You have to chuck all the opposing gang off a rooftop! It's quality.

got it!!! now it's time to play till i can play no more!!! but first.... *calls in college "won't be in for abt 2 weeks got a flu"* ahhhh!! no disturbances :)..........

as you progress in this game it just gets better and better :shock: coz then you know what moves to use in what situation and all....... little tip if youre having problems intiating the power moves (where u have to press:square: +:x: and then :x: :x: :x: .. an easier way of doing that is when you grab some1, hold :x: with the lower part of your thumb and then while holding :x: press:square: twice and then tap :x: :x: :x: as well.... it works for me perfectly so why not try it ;)

Need to know if this is really worth getting. I loved the movie aswell.

Is it one of those games that makes you go 'wow its good' and then never play it again? or does it get you to finish it?

Milanista said:
Need to know if this is really worth getting. I loved the movie aswell.

Is it one of those games that makes you go 'wow its good' and then never play it again? or does it get you to finish it?

Well I've recently completed it and am going to play it again on the harder difficulty level.

The levels where you play through the film are worth it alone. The combat system has quite a bit of depth to it.

I would defo get it if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom