The "What Happened To Players" Thread

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Does anybody know what happened to De Pedro, the Spanish winger?

He had a wicked World Cup (2002) for spain and after that i never heard nothing much from him....i think he was playing real socidad or blackburn last.

What about Cruijff's son Jordi... he was at United, then went to Alaves and played the UEFA cup final vs Liverpool, then disappeared.

Hi SB,

i think De Pedro played once or twice for Blackburn. I remember thinking he should of come on, during the first game of the season on Telly v S'oton a few seasons ago - when D'urso forget to send someone off.

Shame Souness didnt fancy him really, as he was superb in the season that Sociedad almost won the league

db

-

just checked wikipedia and we went to Perugia before moving to Gothenburg - which he subsequently left for personal reasons

De Pedro when in his peak was one hell of a player but the WC days were actually the beginning of the end of good times for him as he had already started going downhill in some attributes even then.

Wicked left-foot that was powerful and accurate. Good FK taker. One of Sociedad's best players. But after leaving club, he was never the same and of course his consistent injury problems didn't help him settle into his new clubs much either.

Milanista said:
What about Cruijff's son Jordi... he was at United, then went to Alaves and played the UEFA cup final vs Liverpool, then disappeared.
didn't he play also the 94 CL final with Barcelona? just a few minutes in the end, maybe.. or am I going wrong?

Milanista said:

I think he went to Espanyol after that for a year, and then kinda disappeared. But i heard he will be playing in the Ukraine next season for Metalurg Donetsk.

After a short period with Bolton, Ba went to Djurgårdens IF.
And recently I think he went to Derby County, from what I've heard on the radio.

Wikipedia said:
Aghahowa singlehandedly won the game for Shakhtar in the 2006 Ukrainian Championship against Dynamo Kyiv, winning best on ground and scoring the winning head in Extra-time. His performance in the final has been widely seen as the "saving grace" of his career at Shakhtar, with his future at the club looking bleak earlier in the season.

Valmir said:
What about Julius Aghahowa? I remember he was a big prospect and scored for Nigeria at WC2002, then what happened? :(
He's been at Shakhtar for a number of years now and still there collecting big phat paychecks every week/month! :mrgreen:

Another I want to know to know what happend to is Ilhan Maniz.

I remember this guy in the world cup, trying to flick balls over players heads like it was nothing lol (and scoring a couple of goals).

The last time heard of him he was playing for a Japanese club; he was big Japan.

Also is he half Asian (looks like it to me)?

I'm pretty sure hes pure Turkish. Turkey is partly Asia as it is surrounded by Asian countries in the east. There are many Turks that look Asian.

But anyway I remember he was great in WC 2002, then left Besiktas for a Japanese club....

He's been around a few different places lately but none of them really working out for him much.

Even went to Hertha last season for a short while but then the contract was terminated.

Stringer Bell said:
Also is he half Asian (looks like it to me)?
This might help.

I remember Barcelonas's Ciric. He was very skillfull and played similar to Alvaro Recoba. He then went to another La Liga club, and then I heard nothing about him.

What happened to the Uruguay attacker Ruben Sosa (once of Inter)?

Played one season for Borussia Dortmund then left for CD Logrones. Ended his career at home in Montevideo one year ago after several years at Nacional.

What happenned to Di Francheschi the Italian left midfielder ex-Sporting, He's in Chievo Verona right?

What happened to Claudio Lopez? Is he still around at Zaragoza? (I think that's where he is in PES5)

tuta77 said:
After a short period with Bolton, Ba went to Djurgårdens IF.
And recently I think he went to Derby County, from what I've heard on the radio.

The papers said we wanted him but it never happened

Back
Top Bottom