The Wire

Click on the link in my post above yours jonney and search her out, the actress has a similar life to the rule she played in the Wire (except the killing).

yea i read it. very interesting story indeed. this series is more like a documentary. its stupidly realistic

boy or a girl?

snoopp.png

it took me a while to figure out!!! i still cant believe it!!

Yeah, she really does look like a boy.

I thought she was a girl until i read her bio.

I'm a fan too, he's got talent.

I've got S1 episodes piling up on my Sky box, I'll watch some tomorrow and give my impressions.

I have only just started watching this, better late than never ey :LOL:

Seems very good from the 2 episodes i have watched, i will definitely watch it all the way through now

Just finished watching this now! I agree that its probably the best TV series I have seen. Just brilliant, such a shame their isn't more shows like this rather than the stuff that's on these days.

Just started S5 but gutted it's going to end, any good suggestions for a similar show that I can watch?

The Shield.

It's better than The Wire.

Oz looks good, will get that one, but The Shield looks very similar to The Wire so I'll go with that one first I reckon.

Thanks for that MJ and Tobi :TU:

Oz holds no interest for me, caught about 90 seconds once and it consisted of Convict A. Forcing Convict B. to suck his dick so Convict B. bit it off.

Oz holds no interest for me, caught about 90 seconds once and it consisted of Convict A. Forcing Convict B. to suck his dick so Convict B. bit it off.

90secs is hardly giving it a chance...

The episodes are a lot deeper than that, it's got a superb set of writers and a stellar cast. It's a good insight into prison life, both for the prisoners and staff that work there. I've seen the entire 5 seasons and can't recommend it enough.

EDIT: Just to put things into perspective, it got a 9.3 / 10 (12,424 votes) on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/.

Last edited:
ZOMG spoilers. ;)

LOL ;)

90secs is hardly giving it a chance...

The episodes are a lot deeper than that, it's got a superb set of writers and a stellar cast. It's a good insight into prison life, both for the prisoners and staff that work there. I've seen the entire 5 seasons and can't recommend it enough.

I really have no interest in the types of people that are in prison ;) It's like other shows such as Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men, if I have no affinity to the characters I don't have any interest in watching the show. Of course sometimes that backfires and I miss out on a great show such as Breaking Bad which I only gave a chance because I was out of shows to watch but Mad Men I watched the pilot and it did nothing for me and I really despise biker culture so pretty sure I wouldn't care for the show :)

I only have 3 more episodes of the Wire left to watch so it looks like i need to be starting to watch the The Shield and Oz

I've just finished the 1st season of Oz after watching the Wire and I'm not sure I'll be watching S2! It just didn't really grab me. I think I'll try 'The Corner' and 'The Shield' instead

Only 1 episode to watch now :(

Easily the best show i have ever watched

Some things which suprised me throughout the series...

Brodie being shot, Prop Joe being shot, Omar getting shot by a little kid and snoop in the second to last episode. I expected some to get killed but they all went out in less than spectacular fashion and out of the blue which i didnt expect becuase they were all good characters

That what this show did best imo, build up all the character's so you knew what they were all about and what and why they were doing it

Brilliant show, i think im gonna get the box set and watch it all again :LOL:

Only 1 episode to watch now :(

Easily the best show i have ever watched

Some things which suprised me throughout the series...

Brodie being shot, Prop Joe being shot, Omar getting shot by a little kid and snoop in the second to last episode. I expected some to get killed but they all went out in less than spectacular fashion and out of the blue which i didnt expect becuase they were all good characters

That what this show did best imo, build up all the character's so you knew what they were all about and what and why they were doing it

Brilliant show, i think im gonna get the box set and watch it all again :LOL:

yeah give it a rewatch cos they put alot of subtle stuff in there...

Back
Top Bottom