The Wire

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Does anybody watch the wire on FX TV, it is a really good crime drama. They have just finished the first season over here in the UK and will continue the second in July. The american are waiting for the 3rd season early 2006 :shock:

Anyways here's the site to get info on the proggrame The Wire

csaunders said:
i love it, i watch it here in the states, i wont spoil things

It's a really good show init, i like at the end of the last episode where Omar comes back. Can't wait for the next season.

They just started the new series of The Wire on Wednesday (FX TV)....i'm going to watch the repeat tonight becuase i missed it.

Going to be heavy.

Okay they have finished the current series of The Wire in the UK (think it's seires 4 or something) where
Stringer Bell was shot dead and they managed to get Avon Barksdale.
Was wondering is that the last series?

I have the first and the second series on DVD.
The best i ever saw...
Only saw the first uptil now...i'm eagerly waiting to see the the second...great television...Stringer's nick came from that one...

bumpy bump. i started watching this series a few months ago and its one of the best series i have seen.

the level of realism is astounding in it. no holding back whatsoever. there are parts that are desturbing like a gangster robin hood type of guy french kissing his boyfriend and then small kids who look like 5 swearing and shit.

really hard on you type series with interesting plots and twists. im currently watching season 5 and it is a breath of fresh air for tv shows

I'm also watching season 5 (unfortunately the last one).
Best TV-series i ever watched.

The soundtrack is available on I-Tunes...very good too...

Yeah the soundtrack is alright.

They're going to be showing the show on BBC2 soon.

I bet you it's going to be aired at 12am or something lol. I don't think it'll be to popular here in England.

I watched it a year or so back after recomendation from someone here. Needless to say I loved the show. One of best dramas I have ever seen.

Seen every series - one, if not the best series' ever made.

People dont like series 2 as its quite different to the rest, but I put it right up there!

I think the fourth series is the best (but i'm still watching the fifth).

My favourite character is Bubbs (Bubbles) i like him a lot...at the beginning of the fifth series, he's clean (that where i am now), but since the Wire rarely has happy endings, i'm pretty things will end in tears for him (please don't react, i don't want to know how it ends...).

pboreham said:
People dont like series 2 as its quite different to the rest, but I put it right up there!

series 2 was bloody awful and pointless!

See what I mean! :LOL:

I really liked it anyway after getting over the shock of how different it was from the 1st series. First few episodes were spent like "WTF? Who is that? Who are they?" etc, but all said and done, it stands up alongside the other series' IMO.

I enjoyed the first series, started to watch the second series and got bored after an episode or two :( Never did go back to watching it.

I enjoyed the first series, started to watch the second series and got bored after an episode or two :( Never did go back to watching it.

Ah man, you gotta finish it - if not season 2, then start again on 3 as that returns to more about the drugs and corners etc...

Nah, I'll start watching it again and go through the motions I think.

Should be getting my new 320GB external drive today so I'll be able to keep my TV shows in one place rather than back them up all over the place and lose track/have to delete to make space.

What this guy's tits? Sickos

40479908.jpg

;)

EDIT: Removed images.

P.S. Did you know this guy's name is Chris Bauer? :LOL:

Last edited:
Not sure linking to pictures of that nature is allowed (in-fact I'm sure it isn't), you'll have to PM everyone sad enough to want to look at them. ;)

That guy's name is really Chris Bauer? I'm going to have to order another name-change then...

Never seen this show but heard a lot of good things about it, anyone want to lend me their copies? ;)

Never seen this show but heard a lot of good things about it, anyone want to lend me their copies? ;)

BBC2 are showing the entire thing starting tonight.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Season 1 around a year ago and couldn't get into it cause of the dialogue. It left me completely alienated.

I'm Sky+ing it tonight though. Wanna give it another chance, seeing as everyone I've spoke too who has seen it hails it as the best thing on TV ever.

It was good and worth watching but nowhere near the best TV show ever, not even close.

The fact they are showing it every night kind of puts me off, why not just show a couple a week?!

I wouldn't let that put you off, CW. It's certainly a good show and a lot of the hype is justified. It's not Lost/Heroes/Prison Break though but for what it is, it's well worth watching.

Back
Top Bottom