The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It is disappointing but I personally have faith that CD Projekt will do an awesome job.

...and it gives me chance to play through 2 again with different choices ;)

Last edited:
Collector's edition looks incredible:

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-25221-2651_0001.jpg

Bit steep at £129.99 though (first price I found on Amazon) not sure I can justify that...

As I am from Poland I did have pleasure to play all Witchers and read books, but first Witcher was flawed in some ways, 2nd was great, but lacked quick travel sort of thing, you had to walk. Lots.

One more thing: combat system is definitely NOT for novices. It's cumbersome at first. You need to LEARN it and know what you're doing as game hardly explains that. But my God it's such a beautiful game to look at and it screams: it's for ADULTS.

Now I am tad sad that 3rd Witcher will probably be the last one. Not only is it sandbox (yeah! Open World without limitations woo :D), it will be made on engine build from zero (the CDP work). Plus the music for the game is being made by Percival.

Here is unboxing with song Lazare:

YouTube - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt -- Collector's Edition UNBOXING [Official]

HArdly ever was so hyped for Polish game... But The Witcher is one thing I will always pre-order :LOL:.

Last edited:
Hm, yeah it was amazing. After figuring out that it's even better with gamepad in hands than mouse + keyboard (shame I didn't get the same option with Dragon Age 2 :/).

Yep I also played it with a gamepad as I do all games these days (where possible). Haven't ever played a Dragon Age game as they're all "point and click" combat. Although I believe the new one isn't so I'll probably play it :)

Although it's sad this'll be the last Witcher game (unfortunate especially cause the Witcher universe has so much more potential for a long running series; the books aren't without their quirks but I recommend them), I think the developer has more RPGs in the works?

The second Dragon Age had pretty good combat - some of the best I've played for a party-based RPG - it was the rest of the game that was the problem. Sounds like BioWare is determined to up its game massively for the next DA, so I'd definitely have it on my radar if you're an RPG fan.

The Witcher and the next DA are probably the two games I most excited for at the moment.

Hijacking this thread. I am huge D&D RPG fan. Loved DA: Origins, but DA 2 just went in a Mass Effect way with choices (dumbing down?). Yes, the combat system was ok, but it just screamed for gamepad (completely different game on PS3/X360 for that reason than on PC).

The Witcher 3 should be the contender for RPG of the year along with DA: Inquisition, but we don't know much about new DA, except running on Frostbite.

I 100% cannot figure out if I'll enjoy this game. I tried the Witcher 2 several times (kept starting over) and could never play my way out of the first 4 missions.

Normally I'd love the setting and the humor of the series, but the combat was a turnoff for me... despite it not being terrible. The videos for the Witcher 3 look terrific, I just can't tell if I'll actually enjoy it.

I didn't like all the poison brewing and ingredient management seemingly required before combat. There was pre-battle malarky as well. It all seemed to get in the way of just playing the game.

I 100% cannot figure out if I'll enjoy this game. I tried the Witcher 2 several times (kept starting over) and could never play my way out of the first 4 missions.

Normally I'd love the setting and the humor of the series, but the combat was a turnoff for me... despite it not being terrible. The videos for the Witcher 3 look terrific, I just can't tell if I'll actually enjoy it.

I didn't like all the poison brewing and ingredient management seemingly required before combat. There was pre-battle malarky as well. It all seemed to get in the way of just playing the game.

Did you enjoy Skyrim?

TBH other than being roll heavy I enjoyed the combat of Witcher 2, sure it's not the best combat ever in an RPG but combined with a beautiful setting, great story, strong characters it was more than enough to keep me playing through :)

Did you enjoy Skyrim?

Oh yes. Played far too much. Does "the Witcher 2"'s combat open up after leveling up your character like Skyrim does? I remember a lot of rolling (as Placebo mentioned)... will I just get used to it?

I may have been burned out on RPG stuff at the time. I think I had replayed Skyrim and played through Dragon's Dogma (what great combat that game has) right before starting the Witcher 2 and I might not have had the patience at the time to start yet another epic/sprawling RPG.

Is it worth putting the many hours into it to get it going?

It's been a while but I loved the Witcher 2, and I enjoyed the combat, so it's hard to relate, but I certainly recommend giving it another go. It's such a great game.

I do remember being frustrated with the combat system early on, but I think it must have grown on me, or I got better, or it got better, or something, because I have very fond memories of the experience.

I will say that I enjoy challenging combat systems, and I am one of the few who disliked Skyrim and gave up on it, mostly because of its combat, so maybe we have different tastes.

It's very challenging but I'd say mastering it is very rewarding, I don't think you really stop having to roll for strategic purposes, but then again in a way it does make the combat unique!

Back
Top Bottom