The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Seriously tempted to get this.

Haven't played any of the previous games, neither have I played the likes of Skyrim.

Was gonna do the Youtube quick story upto this point.

Mind you it'll be a bit, got a few games to get out the way first, but this games just looks so nice.

FD

Currently level 5 and I have done a little (so MUCH to do) looting so i have managed to craft Armor that can only be worn by a level 14 and crafted A sword better than the Viper School Sword that can only be used by a level 10. I think I will be kicking ass at that point lol... I hope to wear my new stuff by next week. The difficulty spikes when fighting some monsters or even 7 to 8 enemies at one time can be a challenge. Blood and Broken bones difficulty is absolutely forcing me to be super prepared and on my toes at all times, and adventuring through "No Mans Land" is kicking my ass what a slog/grind.

But thats why I love the genre of RPG games.

The purple runes embedded in my sword makes me feel like I have Mace Windu's lightsaber.

Coolest game around right now.

Last edited:
Well I just reached level 12. This game is so amazing, I've already played 30 hours by mainly playing sidequests and there are so much more too explore. It's unbelievable. All quests were nice too and I love looting everything too. I just crafted my first full gear. Before I looked like a clown, now I am so badass.

Nice to see the devs respond to the "downgrade" discussion (and to know that there's a patch with 600 fixes in it on the way next week): CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on

They seem like an honest bunch, which is more than you get with other studios.

Yeah they've always been a conscientious lot, just a shame finances mean they prioritise the console versions, at least they will hopefully continue to push the PC version in the immediate future. The patch is out on PC now, will test it shortly :)

Thoughts on the game so far
- horseback riding reminds me of red dead
- had to up the difficulty after playing blood borne where boss battles are a real challenge
- graphics are nice. Best part is the lighting, esp sunsets
- so far fighting reminds me of assassin creed. NOT GOOD. Hopefully it becomes more varied later on as I level up and get new weapons/abilities
- story seems interesting but missions are kind of redundant as far as your tasks go. Hope it switches up later on
- some convos are pointless, but that's expected in a rpg
- All in all, good game so far. Nothing groundbreaking though. I think that will be uncharted 4

The above post contains my thoughts on the game. Stupid tapatalk didn't use my evo web username but instead my tapatalk one. Just deleted it to avoid any confusion in the future

By asking the mto craft, given that you have the proper craft blueprint and elements needed. Plus, blacksmiths only do armours or weapons, never both at the same time, and each one focuses on specific items, it seems.

As others said, my Geralt looks like a clown right now, waiting to level up to access more cool armours.

Can you unlock more baggage capacity? 60 is just way too small, I don't want to sell my crafting items in case I need them in the future and I've sold all the weapons I don't need.

Edit: I need a decent saddlebag from somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome Dags! Will check that out as soon as I'm up and running in the summerhouse again (moving there until August this week!) :)

Can you unlock more baggage capacity? 60 is just way too small, I don't want to sell my crafting items in case I need them in the future and I've sold all the weapons I don't need.

Edit: I need a decent saddlebag from somewhere!

In the small village by where the witch lives, there is a merchant who sells a saddlebag to put your space up to 90

Last edited:
I'm Level 4. Only really played over the weekend but done everything in White Orchard other than played a game of Gwent. Just travelled to Vizima (I think).

Haven't really struggled too much - with the more powerful enemies it's simply a case of going in, using Quen a lot, few strikes, then backing off/rolling/dodge and repeat process. Took out the level 7 wraith outside the cemetery quite easily using this tactic, and then inside the crypt too. One of the most difficult battles was at a Place of Power fighting a bear. Oh and the Noonwraith (Devil o the Well) as I only used the Spectre Oil once, didn't use any traps or any bombs (those are her 3 weaknesses). So that took a while!

I've also got both the Viper steel sword and the Viper silver sword, crafted from diagrams. Had to buy some Emerald Dust for one of them and that wasn't cheap, but got lucky with the other as a wraith dropped some :COOL:

I've got 5/5 quick attack, 1/1 Sun and Stars perk (health regenerates out of combat), 2/3 Axii and 2/3 Quen.

I also have no idea what to do with the Griffin Mutagen.

I think White Orchard is basically to get you up and running, so not many location pins on the map. The next area is huge in comparison and the map is literally filled with things to do.

Been excellent so far.

Last edited:
I've spent about 10 hours in Velen, the second big area you're supposed to spend time on. And I've got the map literally filled with marks and about 10 incomplete quests. The amount and quality of content of the game is staggering.

By the way, I'm getting addicted to Gwen. Spent a full hour to beat a fisherman, a kid and a merchant. But my cards deck is getting better.

I'm Level 4. Only really played over the weekend but done everything in White Orchard other than played a game of Gwent. Just travelled to Vizima (I think).

Haven't really struggled too much - with the more powerful enemies it's simply a case of going in, using Quen a lot, few strikes, then backing off/rolling/dodge and repeat process. Took out the level 7 wraith outside the cemetery quite easily using this tactic, and then inside the crypt too. One of the most difficult battles was at a Place of Power fighting a bear. Oh and the Noonwraith (Devil o the Well) as I only used the Spectre Oil once, didn't use any traps or any bombs (those are her 3 weaknesses). So that took a while!

I've also got both the Viper steel sword and the Viper silver sword, crafted from diagrams. Had to buy some Emerald Dust for one of them and that wasn't cheap, but got lucky with the other as a wraith dropped some :COOL:

I've got 5/5 quick attack, 1/1 Sun and Stars perk (health regenerates out of combat), 2/3 Axii and 2/3 Quen.

I also have no idea what to do with the Griffin Mutagen.

I think White Orchard is basically to get you up and running, so not many location pins on the map. The next area is huge in comparison and the map is literally filled with things to do.

Been excellent so far.

Think I'm playing it completely wrong? Been all over the place and only managed to make oils. Oh and the blacksmiths still don't have enough skill to make anything.

Think I'm playing it completely wrong? Been all over the place and only managed to make oils. Oh and the blacksmiths still don't have enough skill to make anything.

Here's the location of the diagram for the Viper set:

YouTube - https://youtube.com/devicesupport

The weapon guy in the Nilfgaard barracks in White Orchard (North) can make these swords. The guy in the main town (dwarf) can only do armour.

You will need Emerald Dust and 2 Silver Ingots for the silver sword, and Emerald Dust and 2 Iron Ingots for the steel sword (as well as leather straps and stuff (which can be bought from the guys crafting).

Later on you will need blacksmith with higher skill level. in white orchard those blacksmiths are just beginners.

for the witcher sets you can find later on, you will need better skilled blacksmiths that are located in different areas.

and the maximum bag seems to be +100 to allow you to carry 160. This one I bought on skellige islands - went there as soon as it was possible and checked some of the merchants.

I am Level 20 right now and this game still makes a lot of fun. I like exploring the areas and finding stuff outside of quests ;)

One Tip for all players with lower levels arriving in Velen:
try to gather all quests for your log as soon as possible and do any quest (main, side or witcher) around your rank. If you level up and have quest remaining that requires a rank 6 level below your current rank, you will gain NO XP in those quests. Unfortunately I explored too much and did some higher quests first and leveled up too fast - so right now I have played 2 main quests and about 7 sidequests with getting no XP, because my level was too high :(

Last edited:
One Tip for all players with lower levels arriving in Velen:
try to gather all quests for your log as soon as possible and do any quest (main, side or witcher) around your rank. If you level up and have quest remaining that requires a rank 6 level below your current rank, you will gain NO XP in those quests. Unfortunately I explored too much and did some higher quests first and leveled up too fast - so right now I have played 2 main quests and about 7 sidequests with getting no XP, because my level was too high :(

Surely it just evens out anyway. What I mean is you'll have gained a LOT of XP for the higher quests whereas you'd have gained very little for the lower quests, so by the time you do the lower quests and move on the higher ones, you won't get such high XP in the first place. So it's all levelled to your current rank.

I think.

Yeah, it's big!

Same thing she said!!!!!

Just like the above two post I am also just exploring and enjoying the World/Continent.

I am currently level 15 and just had an epic battle with the Cyclops level 19 that took 13 minutes real world time and 6 hours in game time. Started fighting at around 10 PM and did not get done beating his ass until the sun dawned. (all due to Witcher Gear)

The devs have spoken about level scaling but we will see.

No bragging our complaints just saying that since I have acquired the Feline Gear and the Enhanced Griffin school gear I am damn near unstoppable on Blood and Broken Bones. My Geralt looks like a clown no more!!!!!!!!

So much depth this game has will use weaker swords if I have to and begin to flirt around with the highest difficulty setting.

Before I get to level 19 I hope I learn what the hell is going on with Gwent.

GOTY for sure!!!

Just when I start pulling my hair out because I can not properly quest because my Weight requirement is to low I take a couple of breaths slow down and start being patient and just exploring and I will either find a better saddle bag or run across a vendor selling a more rugged one.

I am at 160 for my weight requirement and I am glad I just can use a MOD to fix that weight requirement and raise it up ridiculously it forces the individual to play the game slower and more strategically in some respects..

Awesome fugging game!!!!!

P.S.

Grabbed my sons way over priced Beats Headphones plugged it in to the PS4 controller and walked through Novigrad for about an hour and a half.

Highly recommend!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I upgraded my Fast Attack to 5/5 but hadn't actually put the skill into the free slot on the right hand side! Doh!! So I put it over and tried it out on a pack of wolves. Made short work of those! Much better. Also had my uprated Quen shield active, too, which delivers an explosive charge when broken.

I'm barely even scratching the surface of the power and skills attributes; there's so many and the fact you can swap and mix them means you can actually work out what will work best on certain enemies. Add that to the Mutagen's and you could have an incredibly powerful combined skill set.

Best game I've played since Skyrim. So much more approachable than Witcher 2, and just friggin enormous.

Don't have enough free time to really sink my teeth in though, saddens me!

After 3 weeks I have finally beaten TW3 - at level 35 in the end. :)
It is an awesome game and on of the best games I have ever played.

Unfortunately I have started too late playing gwent in TW3, so I was not able to collect all the cards. But maybe I will do a second run in a few weeks. This game is a time killer.. ;) ... and 100% for sure, it is my GOTY 2015 !!!

Back
Top Bottom