The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Did you find the thing near the wreck I was talking about? I didn't want to spoil the storm and ship stranding before you went.

Is there anyone who plays on PC who recommends any decent mods, as normally with games like this and Elder Scrolls, there are normally mods which massively improve the experience.

One "quality of life" sorts-of mod ... purists gonna frown, but - get yourself increased carrying capacity mod.

One "quality of life" sorts-of mod ... purists gonna frown, but - get yourself increased carrying capacity mod.

Or just get better capacity by leveling up in game LIKE A F*CKING MAN

Nah do whatever you want, who cares.

Except if you google plot choices to get the best ending. I can not get behind that under any circumstances. My nephew told me he had done this and I was legit shocked.

Did you find the thing near the wreck I was talking about? I didn't want to spoil the storm and ship stranding before you went.
Hmm... I was blown away by
3 flying dragons around
but not sure if thats what you mean. Scared the shit out of me, coz I saw a big shadow underneath me before I realised what was going on.
I went to the wreck at the shore, but just browse through it, saved the game and turned it off, as it was crazy late. Im still there, in this spot, so if thats not what you had in mind, ill look around more.

Edit: there is an ability to buy, when you level up, which get you to carry twice as much.. i was grand with basic 60, now with 120 im laughing.

Well, it really isn't that mind blowing, just a bit funny. If you search the surroundings of the wreck, you can find
the body of the captain, and loot him for the money you paid him to get over there :BEER:

Haha! That is savage! I need to check if i didnt get it already, as I was in a bit of a hurry. Also, with above mentioned ability to carry twice as much (which I just aquired last night) , I just quickly clicked everything that I saw for the taking.

Ps. I really cant understand people aiming for certain ending, especially in games like this.. ending should be a surprise! And even if its bad - its your choices and your consequences, that you have to deal with!

I loved it because I didn't have that much money at the time and a thousand... whatever they are called was quite the coin for me.

180 hours later and ive finally finished everything, best game ive ever played
I second that. Only reason I don't Replay it after three playthroughs or thereabouts is that it's so very story driven. But to mind as well it is indeed the best game ever.

There is one thing, that annoys me in it and it's sort of refers to previous post and its main driver - story.

Its a small, minor thing (and its probably mostly me), but every time it happens, im getting angry at Gerard. :LOL:
It's about Yennefer. Not a big fan of her. At all.. She strikes me as a very stuck-up person.
"Oooh, look at me, im such a beautiful, powerful woman, bend the knee" - feck off!
Long story short - every time Im dealing with her, Im trying to find a dialog line, which would let her know, that I dont really want to have anything to do with her.
But usually all I can choose is
- you have nice hair
- you smell nice
- your feet are pretty

I much more preferred the red headed chick and I even send her away, just so nothing would happen to her.
After all that relationship build up, which grew in slow and natural way, he's clearly soft towards red head, sends her away to protect her... then first chance he gets with Yennefer, he basically melts like some nancy. Gerard, what the hell, man!?

Well, he and Yen have a long history of being a couple. It predates even the first Witcher game.

I know. Still, id like to have more of a choice when it comes to certain things.
But, like I said, this is really minor thing. No biggie.

Huh, I've started NG+ play-through, trying to refresh my memory of early game content. So right now save file says that at 4h39m mark of total play time I'm ready to leave White Orchard. Can't find anything unsolved on my WO map, bar one underwater location which is too hard at the moment (me being lvl 55-56, underwater bogies being lvl 63).

Seems rather fast ... I know this might be because of NG mechanics, where we keep all the skills and items from the 1st play-through, but still ... It seemed to take a lot more time to scour White Orchard in initial play-through.

Cant really get into this 100% like in Shenmue or FF when im like i cant wait im in that virtual world again. The game is too dark and to depressing, not to mention all the characters are despicable.

@gabe.paul.logan Well mate, opinions right? Crazy... That's why I think one shouldn't get games based on reviews alone. Myself, could never get into any FF game... not even back on the SNES... FF 4? Forgot which one it was, there's so many like FF X, FF 2032 and a half... Boring games, boring characters... I mean, the one that I played most was FF Tactics on the PSX, but "played most" mean that I played for more than a couple of hours before falling asleep while holding the gamepad.

Shenmue IMO is a game that haven't aged well at all... Like, I can totally understand its importance of paving way for a whole genre of games that came after it. But to me it's unplayable by today's standards. Got this remastered version and put it down after one hour and asked for a refund.

Witcher 3 will age much better than the others, it has amazing mods (and an active mod community), expanded DLC/maps (have finished Blood & Wine's main quest, but it still have tons of quests to go, and I already have put more than 100 hours into the game), not to mention that with new tech (ray tracing, 4K and such), it will continue to look astounding. The quests are memorable (I still remember them, even the ones I played 4 years ago, when the game came out). The characters / story might be dark, but again, that might be a good thing to some people. As everything else cited, is just a matter of opinion.

Check this quest, for example (dark, yes... but memorable):

@gabe.paul.logan Well mate, opinions right? Crazy... That's why I think one shouldn't get games based on reviews alone. Myself, could never get into any FF game... not even back on the SNES... FF 4? Forgot which one it was, there's so many like FF X, FF 2032 and a half... Boring games, boring characters... I mean, the one that I played most was FF Tactics on the PSX, but "played most" mean that I played for more than a couple of hours before falling asleep while holding the gamepad.

Shenmue IMO is a game that haven't aged well at all... Like, I can totally understand its importance of paving way for a whole genre of games that came after it. But to me it's unplayable by today's standards. Got this remastered version and put it down after one hour and asked for a refund.

Witcher 3 will age much better than the others, it has amazing mods (and an active mod community), expanded DLC/maps (have finished Blood & Wine's main quest, but it still have tons of quests to go, and I already have put more than 100 hours into the game), not to mention that with new tech (ray tracing, 4K and such), it will continue to look astounding. The quests are memorable (I still remember them, even the ones I played 4 years ago, when the game came out). The characters / story might be dark, but again, that might be a good thing to some people. As everything else cited, is just a matter of opinion.

Check this quest, for example (dark, yes... but memorable):

Agree on shenmue's actual gameplay and animation system not ageing well. Graphics are still really good (the game is from 1999!!!!) and voice acting is on purpose. However gameplay and animation wise W3 after 20 years will also go out of fashion too and the game has plenty of glitches ( on ps4 too). Ie:Stucking in the environment. Stucking in battle stance. Voice sound dissappear. I have to turn on/off enemy upscaling to able to defeat a boss? Also some odd choices how to trigger certain cut scenes like the griffin one at that tower with Ciri? F off game :D
Its still a solid game but i have seen groundbreaking masterpiece games and W3 for me is on the fence getting into that category. (ffx, shenmue, soul reaver, gta3, metal gear1-3, gran turismo2, resident evil remake, silent hill, last of us etc). For me a game is not there just because its pretty and long. I believe W3 is on par with Skyrim however while Skyrim doesnt have a strong lead it delivers far better other departments like music, world, quests but besides graphics.

In this regard ffx is a wrong example that game still looks dope. Turn based gameplay will never get clunky, voice acting, sound and story is masterpiece. Graphics will age. But i get its not someones cup of the.

Last edited:
Agree on shenmue's actual gameplay and animation system not ageing well. Graphics are still really good (the game is from 1999!!!!) and voice acting is on purpose. However gameplay and animation wise W3 after 20 years will also go out of fashion too and the game has plenty of glitches ( on ps4 too). Ie:Stucking in the environment. Stucking in battle stance. Voice sound dissappear. I have to turn on/off enemy upscaling to able to defeat a boss? Also some odd choices how to trigger certain cut scenes like the griffin one at that tower with Ciri? F off game :D
Its still a solid game but i have seen groundbreaking masterpiece games and W3 for me is on the fence getting into that category. (ffx, shenmue, soul reaver, gta3, metal gear1-3, gran turismo2, resident evil remake, silent hill, last of us etc). For me a game is not there just because its pretty and long. I believe W3 is on par with Skyrim however while Skyrim doesnt have a strong lead it delivers far better other departments like music, world, quests but besides graphics.

In this regard ffx is a wrong example that game still looks dope. Turn based gameplay will never get clunky, voice acting, sound and story is masterpiece. Graphics will age. But i get its not someones cup of the.
Hmm funny.. I never had any of those problems with Witcher 3... I mean, maybe because of all the mods I've installed (that mod to prevent 2 meter falls that kill the protagonist should be the very first you install) :LOL:

Other than that, it's again, a matter of opinions. I've played Skyrim to a pulp, and may attest that The Witcher 3 leaves it eating dust in the quest department (although Skyrim have that "procedural" quest, they're repetitive as hell). Won't even get into some of the other games you cited - Last of Us is a complete linear joke, the only way I got to enjoy it is that I got it on sale on PSN (the remastered version) for 12 dollars. Otherwise is a complete waste of money. It's linear, short (has a good story, I give ya that) and the achievements are also a joke (you have to finish the game in all the difficulty levels to get a platinum, in a game with ZERO replay value... such a pathetic decision by Naughty Dog).

Let's also not forget that The Witcher 3 was developed by an independent Polish company (CDPR), that by no means have the same money to be invested like the Rockstars, Ubisofts, Konamis, EA's and such. That alone is a feat in itself. Games developed by those other companies have mandatory excellency on graphics, music, sound, etc. just because of the production values and money they can invest in a game. Even with all that, they have no shame in coming up with mediocre / below par games (especially Ubisoft and EA). To me, even Red Dead Redemption 2 (let's not forget: released in October 2018 and with gazillions of dollars invested) can't be compared with The Witcher 3 (released in 2015) in terms of a groundbreaking game (type in the search bar of youtube: "rockstar game design is outdated"... You'll see that I mean). If every company "such-as" CDPR could make games as amazing as The Witcher 3 (also, free of the Denuvo cancer) in every 5 or so years, the videogame industry wouldn't be in the sad state as it is (online/multiplayer only games galore, demanded more and more by online sociopaths).

take care mate! :BYE:

Last edited:
He's one lucky author, he was the one insisting on a one off payment deal when they first signed and then bitched about it for years later! Nobody had really heard of his books outside Poland to any big degree until the games were made.

He's one lucky author, he was the one insisting on a one off payment deal when they first signed and then bitched about it for years later! Nobody had really heard of his books outside Poland to any big degree until the games were made.

Yeah he is considering there is nothing new or groundbreaking in these books.
Its not like George Lucas who combined western and eastern characters, cultures, tropes and stories and put them into space to have something different than Flash Gordon.

Yeah he is considering there is nothing new or groundbreaking in these books
Same with Harry Potter, LOTR and 99% of the whole fantasy genre. It doesnt have to be groundbreaking. But putting together a good story, creating solid, interesting characters and believable world around them is not easy.
The only lucky part is that he didnt write in english and did not have a wider audience at the start. Project Red definitely helped him to get that.
And apparently he didnt start writing until he was in his 40's..
So.. grab your pencils, lads! It aint too late for us! :LOL:

F pencils, I will be using my computer to write my fiction. If only some damn message board weren't stealing my free time away!

Yeah Sapkowski really messed up back in the day and to be frank, the books are a really mixed bag, I forget if I fell off them at book 3 or 4, will probably start again when I get bored enough or done with what I am listening to on Audible. He also once said that people mostly knew The Witcher because of the books. I'm going to guess that was after he got pissed off with CD PR.

Decided to start this again a couple of weeks or so back (brand new start from level 0). This game still absolutely blows me away. Doing a lot more of the side quests than I did last time (though I did a lot then too) did one with Lambert that I completely missed last time. I was going to pick Yennefer this time for a change as I didn't last time but that decision only lasted until I met up with Triss and that was that. The bloody baron story is still better than some games on it's own. Got a different ending to it this time as well. Really looking forward to the DLC as well because I didn't finish one of them last time.

Also what is it with RPG's? I've never stolen a thing in my life, start an RPG game up and within 5 minutes I've turned into a kleptomaniac! :LOL:

As to Sapkowski, much like in the Witcher, your decisions will have repercussions. He really should have hit 2) A % of sales!

Nice tribute to the legend :)

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation.11036585/

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

I won't get it, I don't bother with replays of games no matter how good they are.

Only the RDR games best it for me, but having no previous Witcher game experience this was the next best by a long distance.

FD

I won't get it, I don't bother with replays of games no matter how good they are.

Only the RDR games best it for me, but having no previous Witcher game experience this was the next best by a long distance.

FD
From what I know it will be a free update for anybody who owns a copy.
So it is a nice gesture. Personally I probably wont bother myself, having said that - I only played Witcher recently, so its good to have the option there for anyone that missed it like I did.
I did get remastered Last Of Us before, as I never finished it on PS3 and completed both main story and Left Behind dlc. And I had to pay for this. Lads from CD Project are being very decent bunch so far.

I don't think I will replay the Witcher 3. But I wouldn't mind popping in there for a side-mission, or twelve. I still have a lot of stuff left to do in Skellige.

Back
Top Bottom