The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Unfortunately I have started too late playing gwent in TW3, so I was not able to collect all the cards. But maybe I will do a second run in a few weeks. This game is a time killer.. ;) ... and 100% for sure, it is my GOTY 2015 !!!

I also regret not starting playing Gwent from the start but I will definately play a second time just for that.

im hooked on gwent, once you start the gwent quests, it gets very addictive, going from one opponent to the next

Same here. It's very addictive. I only play with Northern Realms set as my other decks aren't complete, but I've won quite a lot of games and completed the Velen challenge. Haddy was apparently very difficult to beat but with a Biting Frost weather card he's easily taken out as most of his pack are Close Combat :) Think I got a 10 rated card off him.

Personally I find Gwent mind numbingly boring, dice poker was fun, Gwent not so, sucks there are quests I won't be able to complete because I don't want to learn how Gwent works properly :(

I don't like video games or gaming much in general, i love football so my interests lie in PES and FIFA and even then its that i create kits, strategies and stuff since i'm a graphic designer.

But this game, i watched the whole walkthrough on MKiceandFires channel is wonderful! My Laptop has good enough specs to play it so i might even buy it if i feel i have enough time to play it since i got lots of stuff that needs sorting, even games like Last of us, don't like or care about and thats supposed to be amazing.

Truly does look like of the all time best games ever. Love the story and characters.

Until now, i haven't bothered with Gwent...i'm in Velen now.

Is it too late to begin Gwent?

The bloody baron is supposed to be a Gwent player...and an authority.

PS: this might well be the best game i've ever played..the story is fantastic.

I will also read the books.

Finished the main story line without the Dimeritium bomb. Wanted to explore and play the game without any ?question mark prompts so I never properly explored Velen or even knew about the Herbalist Hut.

After finishing game I looked up online where the Dimeritium Diagram was and played the Herbalist who gave me a low rated Scoia'tael card. My 15 rated Geralt insures a lot of victories. Still kicking myself that I did not familiarize myself with Gwent before leaving the White Orchid.

With 2 expansions on the way this game is the gift that keeps giving.

Second play through will be more measured on my end now that I have experienced this great game my play sessions will be much shorter (no more long binge sessions) but also very fun with my knowledge of the game. So much value this game has.

GOTY

I loved Gwen, the game has a lot of depth in it. It's never too late to start playing, you can just spend one or two days playing gwen all over the map against different players with different strategies. I have the Northern realms complete deck and only missing 1 nilfgaardian and 1 monsters card to be able to play them!

The game is great though there's that 15% of the quests that are absolutely boring tracking up and down the city to just talk to someone or take something. This feels cheap in a great game like this one.

just finished it and have to say for me its one of the all time best games iv ever played, has a great balance and gets a A+ for me in all those areas especially the story,amazing, looking forward to the expansions

I loved Gwen, the game has a lot of depth in it. It's never too late to start playing, you can just spend one or two days playing gwen all over the map against different players with different strategies. I have the Northern realms complete deck and only missing 1 nilfgaardian and 1 monsters card to be able to play them!

The game is great though there's that 15% of the quests that are absolutely boring tracking up and down the city to just talk to someone or take something. This feels cheap in a great game like this one.

Sup Alexis. Need your help. Buying an rpg game as birthday gift for a close relative. It can only be one of three: Bloodborne, Witcher 3, or Dragon Age Inq. Which one has the best story, gameplay and length (most hours). Thx bud!

p.s. Pogba to Barcaaaaaaa

Sup Alexis. Need your help. Buying an rpg game as birthday gift for a close relative. It can only be one of three: Bloodborne, Witcher 3, or Dragon Age Inq. Which one has the best story, gameplay and length (most hours). Thx bud!

p.s. Pogba to Barcaaaaaaa

The witcher 3 is a winning bet, as Placebo says. Good action, good graphics, great world and tons of content, probably the game with more "quality content" I've ever played. And the story is interesting and full of interesting characters for both readers of the book and neophytes.

In terms of pure action, Bloodborne is one of the best games for the PS4, but it's also a bit hardcore and in my opppinion lacks story and a bit of depth compared to the Dark Souls series.

PS: I hope Pogba is coming one day, but I don't think it's set at all.

Thanks guys. Ordered the witcher 3 for him and got myself a copy as well:D. Should arrive next week. We should both have the game complete before the expansion pack arrives next year. Also, there are so many good rpg, action games (Fallout, Drake, MGS, Mad max) this year that I might skip all of the sport titles. Going to be a great year for gaming. Save your money:PP

Is there any way to make a failed quest active again? I killed the first boss, had the big cutscene, arrived in velen, and then went back to white orchard and all my secondary quests say failed. Sucks, but if this is the case for all areas I need to make sure I do everything in velen before leaving

Gotcha. Maybe I'll do the ones I missed on another play through when new game plus comes out. Love gwent. It's like chess in that it forces you to think a few moves in advance. I've beat about 5 ppl so far. Can't beat that chick in the Barons castle yard. She has a really good deck that gets her 56-60 points. Playing on the second hardest diff and man the 2nd boss fight (barons little problem) was tough. Even tougher than the first fight in orchard

Think I'll need to treat myself to this game for my birthday later this month.

This Gwent you keep talking about, I don't like the sound of it, but does it have any bearing on the story?

FD

It is not mandatory to play the story. You have to play just one game in the beginning I think. All other matches are optional.
But Gwent is a great minigame / card game in Witcher 3 !!!

Gwent is a cool mini game. Easy to learn. There's a few good tutorials out on YouTube. I completed the main velen gwent quest. Now I have to search for all the other gwent players. They shouldn't be hard to find as most merchants, blacksmiths, etc play gwent. From what I hear there is a high stakes gwent quest in another city where you can win a lot of coin

So I guess you can reset your character build points once you get to novigrad. You just have to buy a potion. Found two good branches

focus is on attacks and signs

maxresdefault.jpg

Second one on vitality. Attack is still pretty good

maxresdefault.jpg

Level 38? Sounds like you're playing the game on easy! I'm on the second hardest level and still only at 24 despite having done nearly all missions and everything else, killing even tough monsters barely gives any experience now :(

Level 38? Sounds like you're playing the game on easy! I'm on the second hardest level and still only at 24 despite having done nearly all missions and everything else, killing even tough monsters barely gives any experience now :(

if you can be bothered do any of the ? areas, you get alot of great gear and manuscripts, helps to get really good potions to progress even quicker even on the hardest level.

Those aren't my builds but I'm going to try and use them as a guideline. Remember I said I'm only level 13. Playing on broken bones difficulty. I usually die 7/8 times against bosses before I figure out their pattern and have the correct strategy to beat them. There are supposed to be around 18 places of power so I think it's still possible to max out your tree without hitting level 33+

if you can be bothered do any of the ? areas, you get alot of great gear and manuscripts, helps to get really good potions to progress even quicker even on the hardest level.

Yeah I do pretty much everything possible on the map :)

There are supposed to be around 18 places of power so I think it's still possible to max out your tree without hitting level 33+

The problem with that though is the level you need to be to open up all possible slots, I've opened up one slot in the last one, next slot there is level 26 but not sure I'll open up everything this go around but probably in NG+

Aye. Forgot about the level requirement. Weird how they reward XP in this game. It should be the other way around. Hardest difficulty should yield the best rewards.

Started on B&BB difficulty and after that immediately started A Death-March campaign that I completely finished up about a week ago level 36, patiently waiting for NG+ to drop. Wolves will now get a lot of eye rolls and "yeah right" moments but other than that everything seems fair and well balanced.

Man how are these guys going to integrate the expansions along with everything that has been offered so far.

After finally firing up MG5GZ a couple of days ago you can tell that Phantom Pain is going to ooze triple AAA class Hideo is simply a genius.

Those two games along with Fallout are going to eat up a lot of peoples free time probably end some relationships and slug it out or game of the year. For me the world of the Witcher is to beautiful and must be visited every couple of days or so. Those Eastern European sunsets man.

GOTY

Back
Top Bottom