The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Enjoying Heart of Stone.

Have downloaded Blood and Wine, so I'll attend to that once I'm done with HOS.

FD

I have only just started Blood and Wine, but once I get through the next boss fight I want to stray off the story path and do some side stuff. The mainline just throws boss after boss at your face and it gets a bit tiring. I feel like I just started the DLC and I'm at the third boss already.

Spoiler for the end of Hearts of Stone:
I loved that DLC, and think I would even play it again at some point. One thing that surprised me was the very ending where beating Master Mirror was pretty much a trial and error run until you get the right choices down. In his world he creates, you can just run passed any enemies so that you have enough time to finish his puzzle. To not have a final boss fight against such a formidable enemy seems odd, Although I have to admit I kind of appreciate the game not just doing what you'd expect.

I suppose there is a chance that I made some choices that made the final confrontation easier. Some googling seems to suggest I got the best ending for this DLC.

Alas, Uncharted 4 is kind of keeping me from this for now.

Last edited:
I like that Blood and Wine can be pretty tough. I've had my butt handed to me while roaming around the gorgeous countryside.

One thing I don't like is how incredibly expensive everything is, relative to the loot you make from missions. 200 gold for completing a contract, and that won't even get you components towards grandmaster kit.

One thing I don't like is how incredibly expensive everything is, relative to the loot you make from missions. 200 gold for completing a contract, and that won't even get you components towards grandmaster kit.

well, when you fight bandits they usually drop swords which are single worth about 500 gold - that was the quickest way for me to make fast coins in toussaint

I have only just started Blood and Wine, but once I get through the next boss fight I want to stray off the story path and do some side stuff. The mainline just throws boss after boss at your face and it gets a bit tiring. I feel like I just started the DLC and I'm at the third boss already.

Spoiler for the end of Hearts of Stone:
I loved that DLC, and think I would even play it again at some point. One thing that surprised me was the very ending where beating Master Mirror was pretty much a trial and error run until you get the right choices down. In his world he creates, you can just run passed any enemies so that you have enough time to finish his puzzle. To not have a final boss fight against such a formidable enemy seems odd, Although I have to admit I kind of appreciate the game not just doing what you'd expect.

I suppose there is a chance that I made some choices that made the final confrontation easier. Some googling seems to suggest I got the best ending for this DLC.

Alas, Uncharted 4 is kind of keeping me from this for now.

Heart of Stone Ending

Yeah, I agree, but I kinda liked it too as you said, something a bit different as opposed to the normal fight.

Blood and Wine.

As mentioned above, there does seem to be so far a constant run of boss fights, fair enough the first fight as it is just a dramatic entrance to the game, but for example the 2nd boss fight (vampire) there is absolutely nothing, no interaction with the character previous even though there was the inn comment, but absolutely nothing thereafter which seemed very strange.

And I'm now in the arena with the rock monster and as said does seem to be less story, more fighting which for me isn't a good thing.

But I've only started so early days.

Picked up the notice board jobs, so that'll progress things too.

This game is easily the best I've played of any game on the PS4 as yet.

FD

What a game. Finally finished Blood and Wine - that a serious 'final' boss fight!

Put all that time into it, and reading the interwebz, got all of the 'worst' endings. Shows what my Witcher is like!

Probably the best game I've ever played, definitely of modern times. Such an achievement, can only imagine will games will go from here.

If anyone hasn't played it, do, it's incredible once you get into it.

Trying to get as much of the other quests out the way, before progressing with the main quest.

Easily the best game I've played on PS4, and certainly makes it onto my small best games played of all time list.

FD

What a game. Finally finished Blood and Wine - that a serious 'final' boss fight!

Put all that time into it, and reading the interwebz, got all of the 'worst' endings. Shows what my Witcher is like!

Probably the best game I've ever played, definitely of modern times. Such an achievement, can only imagine will games will go from here.

If anyone hasn't played it, do, it's incredible once you get into it.

You got the worst ending in the main storyline? I looked that one up and I think I would have needed professional help just to get over that. :D

But yes, magnificent game, I'm still stuck on that rock monster in Blood and Wine, only had one proper session with it and kept losing my wingman (I'm not going through that scene with him dead).

I was going to say something about throwing money in the general direction of CD Projekt Red but it seems they are making that Gwent game next and F**k Gwent. Cyperpunk 2077 is probably far off but I'll be getting that for sure.

Well I finally managed to kill that arena rock monster, it wasn't that hard once I stopped worrying about Palmerin there with me, not really a spoiler I think because it's quite early in the dlc, but it turns out he isn't dead at all! The bloody announcer even says he's dead! He just falls down and then gets back up again once the fight is over. So I think it's a lot better to know that going in.

I had the brief boss fight after that and now I have the keys no my vinyard, and I really just want to take it slow now, grab the odd job and tend to my yard. I wouldn't mind tips to make some decent money, renovating that place is crazy expensive. I had a chat with the "majordomo" (never heard that word before) and I always had to back out of whatever he was suggesting because it was so expensive! I have about 6000 coins but that only covers 2 thirds or so of the basic stuff.

Got a little more Blood and Wine under my belt (that sounds kinda nasty) and am having a blast with it. Got into the "warble of a smitten knight" mission and finished it. Not sure it ended in the best way possible but I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would have made it go any better. At least I was crowned champion of the tournament. I did reload a save once to retry the horse riding part, because using the sword on horse back is an utter git and sometimes I seemed to even perfectly time a swing to hit a dummy but no contact.

I now have all the traits to prove my Geralt is a top dude ("There can be only one"-mission) except the part about... wisdom or something like that. I hope I managed to prove that at some point because the blade on offer looks sick.

At least I think there is plenty of time left. A ton of the map is still empty and the hidden grandmaster gear plans seem to all be way off from the places I frequent.

Been dipping into this, a bit aimlessly, I admit, haven't visited the main storyline in ages. I freakin' hate those huge plant-enemies, especially since I just don't have a handle on them... They can kill me quite fast but in my next run I manage to plow them down almost easily, and I'm not even sure what I'm doing right, or wrong.

Only purchased the game this week.
Having limited time to game these days i consider myself a casual gamer.
I therefore don't buy games like this anymore (strange as i'm a huge fantasy fan) as i lack the time to immerse myself in them.

Anyway, having 2 weeks holiday i started this week and am absolutely amazed.
It's what i have Always wanted in a fantasy game. Nice rpg, beautifull graphics and most importantly : great combat gameplay.
In most games the combat Always lacked in my opinion. Oh, and i hate those point and click games from the past.
This game seems very well balanced.

I'm currently only on level 2. Have no clue about the alchemy yet but i'll figure it out later.
Music and the whole atmosphere of the game is very well done.

I can't stop playing it. I'm going to take this very very slow. Do all the side quests and actually read all the stuff as well.
I'm going to have months and months of pure enjoyment out of this one.

Very glad i bought this one!

Have fun with it. I'm still doing Blood and Wine. Next up is probably getting some Grandmaster Gear. I'm still wearing my Hearts of Stone outfit, although it looks cool, I'm up for something new.

I'm seriously thinking of getting myself some real life Witcher gear. I know people who can make me something special, and if I frequent the gym a bit more and put some gray in my hair, I can pull off a Geralt, kind of :P

Having a lot (i mean A LOT) of fun with it. Right now i'm level 8. I'm dying a lot too but apart from the loading times i don't really mind.

Gear is slowly getting better. Doing some quests to get me up to level 10 which enables me to buy the nilflgardian armor.
Lesson i've learned : don't engage stuff thats way higher than your own level, I died a lot doing that.

Still loving the atmosphere and feel of the game. Scenery is gorgeous, the rains, storms, thunder.
Will keep me busy for months.

I'm back in it, finally. Having great fun, but a tough time finding money for grandmaster gear. I think what annoys me most about Toussant is the weather. Always the same, always good. The changing weather in the game absolutely blew me away, no pun intended

Keep coming in just to reminisce, DLCs were fab and hated finishing them.

Great game, probably my 2nd gav game of all time.

FD

I have bought, and returned, this game twice. I just don't get what is so good about it.

Hold X to have horse walk to waypoint. Press X to talk at length to someone about...stuff. Press X to continue. Fight enemy by hammering square. Press X to get back on horse.

Maybe it's not your type of game then. I certainly do not agree with the hammering square thing. Doing the contracts requires gathering intell on the beast and preparing for the fight making sure you have all the right spells and potions ready.

I'm not a patient guy but really like all the talk. I love the horse riding and the scenery, it is really a beautifull world they have created.

Everybody has a different opinion of course, but they way you describe it really does not do the game justice......in my opinion :P

Of course. Its record of sales and the plaudits it gets must mean I'm wrong, I'm definitely in the minority! Just felt odd that an open world game like this could feel so bad to me, after loving games like Red Dead etc.

After getting a PS Pro just before a blizzard, I have been pretty much stuck inside and it's given me a chance to get deep into the Witcher 3 again. After a long haul of secondary quests, I am starting to nibble at the main storyline.
4 crashes on the Pro, which isn't great, but I have managed to get around them I think by not sticking around in the shop inventory screens for too long, which is where all of the crashes occured.

Game looks stunning with the pro patch and the return to Toussant has been a welcome one. One side mission in Blood and Wine involved Geralt ingesting some questionable mushroom concoction, then things get really interesting. I won't spoil it but let's just say that Roach was heavily involved. It was a fantastic side story, and one that I almost skipped, too.

Another side mission had me arming myself to the brim to fight a ghost lady trapped inside a tree, a Witch had told Geralt that her curse could not be lifted, and Geralt had told the quest giver to flee if he would see a silver sword drawn. But after getting the ghost out of the tree and talking for a bit, she just vanished.

Man, this game is something else.

That old ass shovel you get from the cemetery dude in Hearts of Stone is brilliant. I didn't use it for a long time because it is fairly low level but the way it gives you vitality makes it up and then some.

Time for a new Witcher playthrough update. Another long break from playing, but with added HDR support and said support being borked until recently on the Ps4, I am glad I waited.

Now that I have over leveled myself suitably with side quests, I am back into the thick of the story. No spoilers, but the first thing it did was go with my new buddy to try to gather info on the killer. It ended with a massive battle against multiple foes, my over levelling saved me there. Then, more searching for clues and finally an update for the duchess, who has been patently waiting for the Witcher to do something for two or three in game weeks (in game it's obviously only supposed to be a couple of days). With her is a burly fellow who's name escapes me, some sort of general in her private army (I have completely forgotten the larger story at this point) and he has some (frankly justified) words about Geralt doing a poor job.

Soon after though, all three embark on a fact finding journey, and much fun and adventures are being had. Also, the duchess is hella hot and will no doubt want to engage in some bangaroo with Geralt, provided that I make decent choices along the way.

Yeah that's her. She takes part in the fun for at least a while, and it's quite nerve racking, you half expect her to get killed or kidnapped at some point. Might still happen, I won't spoil anything.

Now I am at the dreaded 'save the game because beyond this point certain side missions will not be available' so I am turning away from the main story for a bit. Some people are waiting for me at a place to do a thing, hope they stocked up on supplies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom