The Wizard is coming to DVD!

rockykabir

hello
30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/24/the-wizard-coming-to-dvd/

435px-Thewizard.jpg

Gordon Bennett!! This probably means nonsense to those not born in the 80s, but this classic is finally coming to DVD!

The film is actually quite rubbish (in the "it's so bad, it's good" category) and was blatantly sponsored by Nintendo - but as a kid in the 80s, it was the best thing ever!

Basic storyline (from what I remember) it was about a kid whose younger brother (who had a learning difficulty - picture Rain Boy) turns out to be this complete whizz kid on computer games. They run away from home(!) to go to this games competition held in the other side of America or summat. Along the way, they meet up with some characters including this right twat:

7.jpg

with his POWER GLOVE:

8.jpg

The big thing about this film though was that it was the first time they had shown Super Mario Brothers 3 :shock:

17.jpg

Seriously....I can't believe how excited I was back then - but this was the best thing ever :lmao:

UK Date hasn't been confirmed yet (methinks), but if you do get a chance to watch, WATCH IT!!!!

I've been looking for a copy of this on the net and never been able to find it. I used to love this film when I was younger.

STR said:
Is that Fred Savage of Wonder Years standing next to that babe?

Yea it is, I hope your only about 14 or else comments like that could put you on a list. ;)

Cloud1863 said:
Yea it is, I hope your only about 14 or else comments like that could put you on a list. ;)
He must be on a register at school. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom