The worst thing that could ever happen...

bingbong

Non-League
24 June 2004
has happened to me! my PS2 just suddenly made very loud "clicking" noises and died. It's not loading ANY game, and just makes this clicking noise. The sticker on the back of the PS2 is off because of the modchip, so I can't get it fixed :( . Why did this have to happen now? I had just started enjoying WE9. Now I must wait for the PC version that comes out October 28th.... :(

my english isn´t good enough to explain it properly, but i had the same problem some months ago

it was a dvd-drive´s prob. i am from germany, here it´s called "laufwerks-schiene"...it is the place wer you put the dvd on and what comes out of your ps2 when you push the blue button *g*

had to pay 15 Euros to fix it, no big problem though

Buba said:
my english isn´t good enough to explain it properly, but i had the same problem some months ago

it was a dvd-drive´s prob. i am from germany, here it´s called "laufwerks-schiene"...it is the place wer you put the dvd on and what comes out of your ps2 when you push the blue button *g*

had to pay 15 Euros to fix it, no big problem though

What he's saying is right. Its the 'drive tray' mechanism. Could also be the servo motor. Nayway, these thing are relatively cheap to fix, and any good PS2 techhie would do it for you.

Cheers

same thing happend to me jus yesterday!:O but i managed to get it working again by jus ejecting the drive and puttin it bak like 6 or 7 times and it sorted itself out try givin that a go b4 u fork out £15:D
i guess this mean this is a common problem, is it because of the mod chip does ne one know??

Buba said:

"laufwerks-schiene" is a great word! I'm going to try and use it more often :)

Back
Top Bottom