the Zlatan Ibrahimovic thread

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Worse than many people think or even much worse?

:LOL: I think ol' Zlats is out to get you, Kanoute.

:LOL: zlatan can not be reading evoweb, ffs!

although I'm not really scared, maybe this could be that year for zlatan. as I said in the first post, PSG have a great team this year. :)

but as I also said, he can do his thing against novara, bastia, bologna, anderlecht or in a friendly. that's no problem. we're pretty much used to it, aren't we?

The difference between Belgian clubs and the big clubs in the CL is massive...don't expect financial fair-play to change anything to that.

For our clubs the Euro League is a better place to be.

1385636_10151674763127066_2044405162_n.png

The problem with zlatan is he has always been a one man team, every team he has ever played for has just been set up to get the best out of him but in doing that the teamplay from those teams have been very bad to watch, inter during his time there were terrible to look at with just him and maicon being the attacking players, same with barca when he was playing for them( think thats why messi had a meltdown) zlatan has to be the main man in every team he plays for, im not saying he is not a fantastic player( he's become more of a teamplayer as he has gotten older) but he is just short of the best of the best

That's partially true, but with Milan he had one of the highest assist rates and Nocerino and Boateng had their best seasons ever. His technique meant he was great at hold the ball and setting up midfielders.

On the Ballon D’Or, for which he wasn’t nominated as a finalist:

“I’m the best, boy.”

On coming to Major League Soccer:

“I’m not nominated for the Golden Ball so, I don’t know, maybe in America nobody knows who I am there. So maybe I should come over and play some seasons so people get to know me.”

On his favorite player to watch:

“My favorite player all time is Ronaldo The Phenomeno, of course, but he’s not active today. Eeehhh… As you play every day, train every day… pffff… play games almost every three days it’s not easy to watch even football when you come home. I have two kids to take care of and other interesting things I’m doing in my life, other hobbies, so it’s not like football 24 hours. I like to see big games and that’s it. Finals of tournaments and these kind of games that is exciting to watch but I’m not the one that like to watch a lot of football.”

On what it would take for a player of his stature in his prime to come to America:

“I can only speak for myself. It could be interesting to go over to America and try the football there but today it’s not interesting.”

On continuing to improve into his 30s:

“I’m like the wine. The older the wine is the better it is. So the older I get, the better I get.”

On whether, as the question was posed by KICK TV’s Jimmy Conrad, when Zlatan plays against Real Madrid in a friendly in Doha on Jan. 2, Zlatan will kick him extra hard for taking away Zlatan’s opportunity to go to Brazil: “No. I think Zlatan will be very cool with Ronaldo. Zlatan will do a good preparation and Zlatan will play the game and then Zlatan will focus on the rest of the season for 2014. Zlatan is very happy for Ronaldo that he’s going to the World Cup and Zlatan will see what will happen under the World Cup.”

On whether he’ll be watching the World Cup:

“I didn’t reach the World Cup. I think disappointment will come back during the World Cup. For sure I will see some games but it’s not like I will run home and sit in front of the television and say, Now the game begins. If I switch channel and the game is there I will watch it. And I will be cheering my teammates that will be cheering the World Cup. Hopefully one of them will win and I will be as happy as if I would play the World Cup for them.”

On his thoughts on the Bosnian national team reaching the World Cup for the first time (Zlatan’s father is Bosnian):

“I think it’s positive. It has been a difficult time down in the Yugoslavia that separated in many nations. It hasn’t been easy for them. I wish everything was in one and then I wanted to see the national team that came out of that. I think it would be an amazing national team because of the players that is representing every country like Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and smaller countries around. That would be very exciting.”

On whether more European teams should play pre-season in the United States:

“It’s a good thing, especially for U.S., like promoting the football there which is not as big as it is in Europe. I think they want to do it more attractive, more interesting. The best way to do it is to bring the best European teams. When you get to see them in the U.S. you see totally different football because it’s not the same level in Major League Soccer like it is in Europe. The more the European teams are seen in the U.S. the more commercial the U.S. gets and the more the interest gets bigger for the football.”

On whether his egotistical image bothers him:

“No, absolutely not. I try to be myself and then you have the media that push the level of the conversation. When you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer, that’s the way it is. I just try to be myself in every question I get and in the beginning of my career I remember people build me like I’m the coky one. ‘He’s arrogant, he has a big ego.’ But if you have a big ego you don’t win 20 collective trophies, so this is something media makes up and something I have to live with. But I flow with the rhythm. For me, I don’t mind.”

On whether, as the question was posed by KICK TV’s Jimmy Conrad, when Zlatan plays against Real Madrid in a friendly in Doha on Jan. 2, Zlatan will kick him extra hard for taking away Zlatan’s opportunity to go to Brazil: “No. I think Zlatan will be very cool with Ronaldo. Zlatan will do a good preparation and Zlatan will play the game and then Zlatan will focus on the rest of the season for 2014. Zlatan is very happy for Ronaldo that he’s going to the World Cup and Zlatan will see what will happen under the World Cup.”

Always talking about himself in the third person. :LOL:

The most interesting man in the world? Probably not but he sure makes himself appear that way. Oh well, at least his confidence is somewhat ground in reality... Unlike a dude named Bendtner..

FC: Does it annoy you when people keep saying you haven't won it?

ZI: [Gets animated] No. When someone is on top, people always want to find something to criticize him. The real Ronaldo didn't win the Champions League either. What do people say about him? It's the same thing [with] me. You win because you win, but it doesn't change the player you are. If Maradona hadn't won the World Cup, would people not say he was still the best? They would.

what a load of crap.

The Swedish disabeled football team qualified for the WC in Brazil and asked Zlatan a signed shirt for an auction to pay for their tournament expenditures.
Zlatan did better than that, he just payed for all their expenditures: 40.000 euro's.

Big respect.

Back
Top Bottom