Then & Now. When did you join Evo-Web?

Excelent thread Milanista! Spot on!

Then
I joined Evo-Web in 6 April 2004 (6 April, my current girlfriend's birthday, and almost 10 year evo-web membership). I was near 16 and was in high school too. I was playing Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution, start editing 'banners' for the game and discussing the beautiful game.

My biggest football's rivals FC Porto won UEFA Cup and then UEFA CL. Benfica won Portuguese Cup and Portuguese League then after 8 years of throphy fasting. I've cried a lot when Portugal lost the Euro 2004 final at home in Luz Stadium with Greece.

Now
I'm almost graduate from University (licenciate degree in Sport Sciencies and Physical Education), I work in a part-time internship teaching Judo and Muay Thai to kids and I'm happier than ever. I miss the good ol' evo-web days, I felt nostalgic when I read this thread, I've done so many "e-friendships" with most of the old school guys like PLF, IceMan_Bergkamp, Noted, OPM, Fluminense, _Spark_, kEL, The_Special_One, gerd, ALBICESTE, ThomasGOAL, Professor_Nutmeg, cfdh_edmundo and many many others and I've also converted to FIFA since FIFA 09.

Benfica earned again the world respect of the old days even with a loss in the Europa League final in the last season, our "King" Eusébio da Silva Ferreira passed away last month, Luz Stadium will hold the UEFA CL Final and I hope Benfica win all the competitions that's playing.

Last edited:
Hey Pedro ;)

Yeah this thread brings back memories. Like most old timers, I'm hardly active here anymore but it's good to hear from you and others every once in awhile and know that everyone is doing well and is happy. :)

Take care bud.

Hey Pedro ;)

Yeah this thread brings back memories. Like most old timers, I'm hardly active here anymore but it's good to hear from you and others every once in awhile and know that everyone is doing well and is happy. :)

Take care bud.

Glad to see you Sina, if someone told be that I would work as a coach of Sporting (Lisbon) U-11 10 years ago in an internship (my University has partnership with Sporting CP), I would killed myself.

Hope everything's good with you and the other guys!

Keep in touch buddy.

Wow you work as a youth coach for Sporting? That's very cool bro. Congrats.

I'm glad to hear everything's good with you. Take care

Then

I joined Evo-Web in April of 2013, and mainly, like everyone else, for the amazing option files that were available. These option files for me, at the time, were the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel.

Having started my love affair with the series, on my friends imported N64 and Perfect Striker, there was only ever going to be one love in my life. And nothing has changed in all these years.

I never actually owned PES 1 on the PS1, I actually opted for ISS 64 on the N64 instead. Along with Goldeneye, they became two of my most hammered games of all-time.

I'm not sure when I changed to PES on the Playstation, probably with the release of the PS2, although I maybe wrong. It could have been before that.

I remember coming to Evo-Web, after a good friend of mine had told me he could get me Winning Eleven. He said it was all in Japanese, but there would be places I could look on the net to get a 'patch'. Evo-Web was this place. Heaven.
I always played Winning Eleven in Jap text, but this was a relevation. The first time I burned the patch to disc and it changed it all to English, seemed like a phenomenon. I'm sure it was a Fernando patch- jeez, the guy became my God over night, and Evo-Web my place of worship.

As the years went on, I became editing mad, although I never really did much myself, I appreciated, respected and collected everything I could.I did create some Highlight Music for JonBoyo and one of his amazing patches. This was a remix of Barry Davies samples over the top of a Let Me Entertain You and a Little Less Conversation that I had remixed myself. JonBoyo used this within his patch and kindly credited me accordingly. :)

And wasn't until many moons later that I actually became an active poster within the forums.

I seem to remember it being around the time that the incredible looking Fifa 09 had converted many of Evo-Web over to the 'Dark-Side'.... :LOL:

I was really enjoying PES 2009, and BAL was amazing. I was addicted. Yet all the focus on Evo-Web seemed to be on Fifa 09, which I can understand and appreciate. The whole manual passing, amazing graphics and animations was making PES look dated.

I can remember feeling that I was on some 'one-man crusade' to keep the passion for PES alive. And at the time, I had very little backing. Maybe the likes of Zee, Canigga and Jamez, but that was it.

I spent many hours writing essays on football fundamentals and techniques and how, regardless of the lack of polish, Konami were still adhering to them.

These were hard, lonely times on these boards, but I stuck with it. To be honest, I enjoyed the battle. It was good fun, and at the end of the day, I was fighting for my one true love.

Now

I've got a little older, and I'm turning 40 a week today, but my passion still remains. Certainly not as strong as it once did, but PES will never leave me, never. It has been the single most important game in my long gaming life, that started with World Cup on the Zx Spectrum all those years before.

Last edited:
wow ! I don't visit this section too much so I must've missed this thread.

Then
July 2008, I think.
I just finished my 3rd year of university, I was 22. I studied Computer Sciences (mainly Programming and Development).
I joined because of PES6, I was fascinated by what I found here, it's like a treasure, it is in fact.

Now
29, I work in a bank.
I still play PES6 for two reasons : it's the best game ever, and my PC is weak.
but next week I'll buy a new one so I can enjoy the next-gen, and still play PES6 with all the amazing additions by the modders.
still single, for now no future plans :D.

I joined end 2013.

I joined to post my chant pack for fifa and upon playing pes2014 demo I decided that 3 years of Fifa was enough due to on the pitch AI and anims etc, plus at that time 14 was not NG and Pes was new engine, I found PES controls more fluid and free and ditched Fifa.

Since then I started to really get into mods and modding with pes far more than Fifa and stuck around for awhile :)

With all the things fifa has that pes doesn't (Career details etc) I just found myself sat in training mode testing formations etc and passing around and time flew, Fifa just did not do that for me, if anything it became a bit more casual play.

Then - it was 2001, I thought I had testicle cancer. I was really going off the deep end, didn't care. "I'll be dead next week!" I used to shout at onlookers passing by, as I lay in the gutter on the streets of Brooklyn, empty vodka bottle rolling around on the ground beside me, cigarette with 4 inch of ash on it burned out and forgotten about but still clinched in the yellow fingers of my left hand. Turned out my balls were just swollen from a clear rubber band that had worked it's way around the base and up to the tip of my scroats. I wandered about aimlessly, odd jobs, gambling my earnings in Atlantic City frequently. Some good weeks where I would win big, drinking champagne, highballs and snorting crack rocks off a hookers butthole, but a lot of very bad weeks, broke and back peeling chewing gum off the street to get sometching in my belly. My best friends were pidgeons.

Now: Married, 2 kids, house, successful business.

Last edited:
It's been 12 wonderful years of Evo-Web for me today... I just thought I would share some beers! :BEER::WASTED::DRUNK:

Some things changed from the last time I posted in this thread (well, not really, thsy just progressed indeed)...

Currently doing BI (the form of EDP I like the most) and system/network administration duties (for the'parent' company of the one I started working for in 2013), moved in with the SO, getting married next April.
Still kinda frightened about kids but hey, the time will come.

Then
Joined in August 2003.
Would of just been about to start University after working in Retail most of my early life.
I joined the forum as it was the best place to get information on Winning Eleven patches.

Now
Still alive and work in IT.
I no longer play PES as it has not been the same since PS2 days, so play FIFA instead - Footy wise I also play alot of Football Manager and even 20+ years later, I still play SWOS as IMO it is still the most fun to have with a football game and even to this day has the best career mode outside Football Manager.
Game time is hugely restricted now though due to parenting duties and collecting a worrying amount of LOL dolls.

Future
Win Euromillions and never have to work again or come up with get rich quick scheme with the same outcome.

ΤΗEN
I joined for the first time in December 2004. I was in the first semester of the University and cause of this ,the need to have an e-mail was born. So then having my first e-mail account, i signed in every PES forum i found that days, socceragaming, pesgaming, later wehellas etc. I liked the game reviewing and of course the amazing option files and patches. After PES 6 i disliked pes 2008 until pes 2014 so i taught my self in Patchmaking. So for years from late 2007 until around 2010 i was not visiting the forums cause i was playing PES 6 and not the respective year's PES and i was playing so much hours that i had not time or intention to join a forum, big mistake by my younger self! :P So in Sept. 2010 i started the PES-searching in Internet again cause i decided to give PES 2011 a chance. But for some reason either i was inactive many years or i forgot the e-mail, username, password i used earlier i could not sign in so i re-registerd my self in evoweb.So since then i'm active reader and poster and i'm very glad cause even in these Dark Ages we live in PES (since 2008) evoweb is the Best place/community/forum to discuss our beloved game. The quality of the discussions and posts is the best in the PES Internet space.

NOW
Ι have a constant job, a wife and a newborn son (my "future" ally for coop Master League :D ). I haven't still graduated from University, i must submit my final diplomatic essay to finish my studies so i have put it in stand-by/ queue mode for years ,PES was one of many reasons that i didn't complete my studies in time :P Thank god PES is not so superb/addictive nowadays so younger members that are students now are not in danger of delaying their studies cause of PES :P
Plus i trying to convince my self that PES 2018 is decent so i can move on from the situational solution of PES 2017 or the goold ol boyz PEs 5/6/we9le. Furthermore nowadays cause of family and job routine i'm more a forum member than a PES player, i post and read more than i'm playing cause of time/scheduling family duties!!!! :)

I literally joined 2 months ago. I have literally nothing to say, that means :(

Dude i wanted to quote you in the other Posts about retro gaming but i forgot. :) You especially, do not have to say anything. Since you are only 16 and you have all this love for PES old games,all this true knowledge, you play Master League in older versions etc shows how great you are and that there is some hope even in the current time of gaming community. For me, you are the BIGGEST MIRACLE in this forum. You must be the only teenager that plays these masterpiece games, and for me at least shows your greatest quality.
When i saw your post about your age i was so motivated by positive thaughts. I could not believe that today, in the "fast-food" era of FuT, MyClub, LoL, Dota, Fortnite, Smite,etc a younger guy who was possibly born the same year with pes 1 or 2 and he was a preschooler during PES 3-6 is visiting these games, since even the most of us the older guys (30+) :P are rarely year after year re-visiting the gold games.
So i even dont know you my friend, but i am very glad that a type of gamer like you exists today. WE are the PESimists but you are a new type of member that does not exist, a PESoptimist! :)

@slamsoze - Yeah. I just play what I enjoy, and retro gaming happens to be what I enjoy most of the time ^-^ - there's something about playing retro games you don't get with anything past the 6th generation, so around 2007 was the downfall of gaming (and funnily enough of PES itself according to a lot of people).

But yea, I was born in 2001. I think PES 1 may have been released less than 2 weeks before, or so, since they tend to release the games around the end of September, and I was born 21/09/01, so yeah. I'm not particularly interested in online gaming either, so MyClub isn't my kinda thing, and everyone I know plays FIFA online on Xbox One anyway. I don't even have a PS Plus subscription because quite frankly I don't need it. I barely even use the PS4 for anything other than YT and occasionally posting here :P

And if I could - basically, if I had a PC (I generally post from school, and currently don't have my phone due to... something that happened a few months back, that I won't go into detail about) - I would want to contribute back to the retro-PES community and help out, though honestly I don't mind things like fake team names since it all adds to the charm of PES!

On a finishing note of this post, I decided to make my title 'The PESoptimist of the Future Times', thanks to what you said. ;)

tenor.gif

even though a lot of my posts are me muttering random stuff, i still feel i've contributed here more than I have any other forum, and that's a good thing :)

Then:

1405113607992_wps_15_July_11_2014_A_general_vi.jpg

(Photo is actually from the movie Grimsby but it's a pretty accurate representation of how I remember living there when I joined Evoweb!)

Now:

uyrVTuR.jpg

Double rainbow as viewed from my terrace last week :)

In between the then/now I moved country six times living in Czech Republic, Australia, Singapore, Sweden, Portugal and now Spain. Got married, gained dual British/Swedish citizenship and have two lovely furry babies:

2ZkcvZ4.jpg
SS13Rxv.jpg

I used to post over at ISS Extreme but would keep tabs on this place around 2003 ish.

I remember posters like Boro, wonder what happened to him?

I would follow the Master League stories thread. I actually get a lovely nostalgic feeling in my stomach when I think back to those days. I was a student, young, naive and lived life to the full.

Living in shared accommodation, my room would be full of lads on a Friday night before we hit the town. PES 3 tournaments. Loved it man would give anything to live those days again just one more time. No social media or BS, simpler times.

Now I’m fat and old.

Seems like the best place to post my 'comeback', since my last post here was July 2012.

Then: I joined when I was finishing college in Scotland, I'd applied to go to university, but didn't get in because of all their places filled (so I had to do nothing for a year until I got in). I eventually graduated in 2013 with a BSc in Information Systems Technology.

Now: Currently, I am in Indonesia with my wife, who I married in her home city here last year. I bought a PS4 in Sept, just for PES really. That, & nobody was appear on the Xbox One as it seems not to exist in Asia :LMAO:. I am currently here teaching English in an established company. Come July, when the visa & contract ends, I've no idea yet if I'll renew or not. But I was playing PES then, & I am playing PES now, so that hasn't changed :ROCK:

Then:

1405113607992_wps_15_July_11_2014_A_general_vi.jpg

(Photo is actually from the movie Grimsby but it's a pretty accurate representation of how I remember living there when I joined Evoweb!)

Now:

uyrVTuR.jpg

Double rainbow as viewed from my terrace last week :)

In between the then/now I moved country six times living in Czech Republic, Australia, Singapore, Sweden, Portugal and now Spain. Got married, gained dual British/Swedish citizenship and have two lovely furry babies:

2ZkcvZ4.jpg
SS13Rxv.jpg

I need to update this again! Back in Sweden now ;)

73321097_612556762847492_1539365516391481344_n.jpg78687676_2423973324598322_844537913541656576_n.jpg79970970_727794281044098_5179537233908072448_n.jpg80104399_1284887521714493_6761212674995912704_n.jpg

From a morning wintery walk with Astrid last week :)

Still kinda frightened about kids but hey, the time will come.
Well, apparently the time has come.
If everything goes as expected, we'll have a little gamer in November. I still don't know if it will be a boy or a girl though, but I now feel excited and frightened at the same time... Like when you're waiting in line for a ride on a rollercoaster.

Back
Top Bottom