There shouldnt be a ranking system

Pickford

Banned
10 February 2006
Does any body else look at the top ranked people and just piss there sides, 1 has 84 consecutive wins which i find impossible.
I belive having these rankings causes people to want to cheat to get to the top either by lagg or super teams. And b4 u say they might not be cheating how the fuck does some1 win 84 consecutive games with Fiorentina:lmao: Do the people that cheat actually belive there good at the game????? I bet they bloody DO :lmao:

Whilst im hear no1 play Angel-Devil his team is full of stars, but in saying that he was still crap beat him 2-0 with AC :applause:

Is there anybody hear that is in the top 50 without cheating or playing the game 24/7 :lol:

Also i find that the people with around the 60% winning rate are the genuine good players of pro evo they dont cheat and are prone to the odd defeat because lets face it doesnt matter how good u r u will always get beat now and again.

T

Last edited:
I agree and Konami should delete the ranking system in pes7. There are to many teenager which have a problem when they loos. So they quit the game after 85mins or go to the formation settings and wait that you quit the game.
i don't look at any rankings, i only look with what teams they played the last 5 games. If there is only brazil i don't play 'cause it's boring.
80% of my matches i play in the friendly lobby, there people use also other teams.

Ranking systems in games are good. Perhaps people are cheating, but I'd say if that can be proven, it's then konami's responsibility to ban them. People get lifetime bans on world of warcraft for stuff like that all the time.

I like a ranking system that ranks players based on ability. That is - you win more points for beating a better player than you would for beating a lower ranked player. It's not perfect obviously, as you always get lag and stuff like that that gets in the way, but personally I like the idea of aiming for a nice ranking. I do it by playing the game fair and square :)

I agree and Konami should delete the ranking system in pes7. There are to many teenager which have a problem when they loos. So they quit the game after 85mins or go to the formation settings and wait that you quit the game.
i don't look at any rankings, i only look with what teams they played the last 5 games. If there is only brazil i don't play 'cause it's boring.
80% of my matches i play in the friendly lobby, there people use also other teams.

this happened to me many times, i was playing against a guy called Mohammed and i beat him 11-0, at injury time he pressed start and the time was over but he didnt disconnect or something, ive waited 4 hours and quited the game myself. when i logged back on the next day the record said i lost 3-0 to him. :roll:

Lets face it everything in life would be good if Konomi sorted there shit out for online cheats.:(
Then we could have our ranking system:applause:

There is something fishy about the rankings, have looked at the bottom.
there's a few people down there with
won 5 - draw 9 - Lost 770
Won 6 - Draw 5 - lost 1852
won 2 - draw 4 - lost 2715:shock:
They can't be that bad surely. Makes me wonder have the top players with only a handfull of defeats bought another copy of pes, loaded it up on another pc and bingo play against yourself giving yourself as many wins as you like.
pes62006-11-2320-06-37-84.jpg

Corcks, it's obvious (and has been obvious for some time) that this is the case. But the thing is, there's that many of the bastards, I don't think the games companies can be arsed dealing with it.

Take Burnout Revenge. The top 1000 players in that download something at the same time as playing; meaning if you so much as get within ten foot of their car, you crash because the game can't keep up and gives them the benefit of the doubt. So there is no point in a rankings system. But if they didn't have it, all that people could do is play one-off races (or football matches in this case) with no meaning. Despite the fact that, with the current amount of cheats, there is no meaning anyway; apart from to the cheats, who cum over seeing their name on the top of the league.

PLUS, if 10% of the people who buy your game buy it to cheat, they find out they can't and take it back, then you've lost 10% of your profits. You tell me one business that would throw away 10% of their profits when they could just do nothing and keep it instead.

If there's ever a totally cheat-free online game, I would be very surprised (and I would buy it as soon as I heard about it). As with most online games, the most fun you'll get out of it is by playing your friends. The rankings in any game mean nothing.

One system that could get around this however is by organising your own league. You can, of course, do this already, using forums like these and going around people's posts putting the scores and league positions into a table. But if the games came with an option for you to set this up and have the game do the stat-recording and table-recording details for you, it would be FANTASTIC. You could limit the players to who you wanted, kick out the cheats, and have a lot of fun - rather than endless games of Real v Barcelona (honestly, I don't know why half of you play the game, it's the same game every night).

Hopefully some games company will have the common sense to set this up for their games in the near future. But at the rate Konami take two steps forward (and seventy four steps back), I doubt PES will feature this any time soon.

Last edited:
Ofcourse the top 10 uses stats peddling...

I can use my dads account and win 20-0 every match for like 100 games in a row.

But this is a sad thing to do and only for people who dont have a social life. Like the French and Spanish....

Anyways i hope Konami can ban these stats peddlers.

best rankin system is a ladder system, where its independant of the konami servers, where you sign up, and the loser reports the loss, you to play like this on Virtua pool years ago, worked very well, the cheats where routed out and banned from the ladder.

My advice is ignore the ranking they are renderd totally meaningless anyway.

Corcks, it's obvious (and has been obvious for some time) that this is the case. But the thing is, there's that many of the bastards, I don't think the games companies can be arsed dealing with it.

Take Burnout Revenge. The top 1000 players in that download something at the same time as playing; meaning if you so much as get within ten foot of their car, you crash because the game can't keep up and gives them the benefit of the doubt. So there is no point in a rankings system. But if they didn't have it, all that people could do is play one-off races (or football matches in this case) with no meaning. Despite the fact that, with the current amount of cheats, there is no meaning anyway; apart from to the cheats, who cum over seeing their name on the top of the league.

PLUS, if 10% of the people who buy your game buy it to cheat, they find out they can't and take it back, then you've lost 10% of your profits. You tell me one business that would throw away 10% of their profits when they could just do nothing and keep it instead.

If there's ever a totally cheat-free online game, I would be very surprised (and I would buy it as soon as I heard about it). As with most online games, the most fun you'll get out of it is by playing your friends. The rankings in any game mean nothing.

One system that could get around this however is by organising your own league. You can, of course, do this already, using forums like these and going around people's posts putting the scores and league positions into a table. But if the games came with an option for you to set this up and have the game do the stat-recording and table-recording details for you, it would be FANTASTIC. You could limit the players to who you wanted, kick out the cheats, and have a lot of fun - rather than endless games of Real v Barcelona (honestly, I don't know why half of you play the game, it's the same game every night).

Hopefully some games company will have the common sense to set this up for their games in the near future. But at the rate Konami take two steps forward (and seventy four steps back), I doubt PES will feature this any time soon.

Jack not sure if it was u but last night in the lobbys i came accross your name and looked at ur last5 games, u have played with real madrid 5 times in a row. So please if it was u do not slag people of for playin with the same team when it clearly shows u do.

I like to comment on a couple of things and also what happend me lastnight.

1. Its possible to cheat thats a fact.

2. The ranking system is not good based on my experience with other games. Its very well possible to use a good rankingsystem.

ad 1. Sometimes disconnects at the end of a game results not in a loss where it should be! Yesterday 2 guys i played and both lost quit on me at the end. I looked in my pofile and....nada:(
No points for me. Second thing happend was a guy i played twice and i won both times. First game 1 got 10 points, second game i lost 4??? What the fuck:(

Other thing thats possible now is to play against friend of family and loose on purpose and get losts of points.

2. There is a system that we use in chess and its called ELO-system. You win more against stronger opponents and lose more against weaker ones. Its a very good system to judge the strenght of a player.

Sometimes people including me have disconnects, but i must say the server was in the beginning of online pes6 responsible for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse the top 10 uses stats peddling...

I can use my dads account and win 20-0 every match for like 100 games in a row.

But this is a sad thing to do and only for people who dont have a social life. Like the French and Spanish....

Anyways i hope Konami can ban these stats peddlers.

I guess you are one of those, when I see what you wrote...

Jack not sure if it was u but last night in the lobbys i came accross your name and looked at ur last5 games, u have played with real madrid 5 times in a row. So please if it was u do not slag people of for playin with the same team when it clearly shows u do.
:D Haha, nice try. Not me. I've used Real once, when the other guy chose Barcelona. Apart from then, I've used Arsenal as the other guy has gone Man U, and Man U when the other guy has gone Arsenal.

I'm not being Wigan if the other guy chooses Chelsea, anyway. It's not like you can convince the bastards to be a lower team. Still, I've played my last game on it now, I think. It's just not football.

:D Haha, nice try. Not me. I've used Real once, when the other guy chose Barcelona. Apart from then, I've used Arsenal as the other guy has gone Man U, and Man U when the other guy has gone Arsenal.

I'm not being Wigan if the other guy chooses Chelsea, anyway. It's not like you can convince the bastards to be a lower team. Still, I've played my last game on it now, I think. It's just not football.

Ok if u say it wasnt you ill belive you im half glad would have been a shame to see a forum member with such a shite record :lmao:

hi every 1 on PES6 my username is DannyKilla and im not bad on the game my Stats bein W39 D18 L16 but PES6 is online is a joke, the amount of cheaters is nearly as bad as Counter Strike. for example i played someone called GRANDMOTHERS what a F@#kin W@nker he was i hosted the game so 1st half was my connection and all he did was pass along his defenders so i could nt get the ball and my strike was getting knacked and this went on all of the 1st half then in the 2nd using his/her connection i could even move but he was moving fine and went 3-0 up and to my suprise the lag disappeard and i scored 2 then the lag started again complete BS

konami must get rid of the ranking system and the p2p connection and we all just connect to there server thanks

DannyKilla

I try play only whose in my group.

Luckily the group is mainly irish so we lagfree when playing each other. Best thing you can do is set up an evo web group but have like
Evo.web DE IRL UK ESP FRA ITA TU at the end and invite only memebers from your own country to ensure lag free gaming then build up the gorup to 20 ish players and every night have loads of people to play that you can talk to in game and here.

I think Konami put this in just for that reason, i mean who in your own group is gonna cheat vs your team mates.

my €0.02

kdjac

How did you set up a evo-web group mate?

I didnt and i cant, i have a group and your only allowed one.

I suggested someone here should do it, im the admins would sticky it and imn sure the group would grow to 30 fairly quickly. Just use a prefix like Evo-Web-DE for all german players so as to ensure your playing people in the same country.

kdjac

Did u see the match record of the number 1 guy?

He plays with Excelsior, the worst team from the dutch liga in the game... I bet he uses Ronaldinho and Eto'o with that team lol

I wonder if ppl report him at konami, if so.. why doesnt konami take actions against these players?

i agree that there are many people who cheat to get to the top,but i also think you need some kind of league.i dont know what format of league but you need something to see where you are.
i also agree that the players who are around the 60% mark are the best players.i play guys who are 85% and they are crap compared to 60%
my last point is, i hate people who quit when there losing.i played a guy i was beating him 7-0,for the last 15 minutes he let goals in.it ended up 13-0 and in 90 minute he quit.

I was winning 8-1 yesterday and the game was completely finished... when i returned to check my profile it said i played DRAW and now i lost my 7/17 winning streak :(

Imo the ranking systems a joke the only way you can do well is to go play ranodm people all the time, if you play regular games v`s friends or in leagues you get penalised by the system, i for one stopped playing random people along time ago its far less stressful and at least i know im getting a fair game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont they do what xbox live does.? make you go against a random person with near enough the same rank has u? they do it in quit alot of the games so that you cant do stat pending or play againts ur mates hehe

What makes me laugh is that you all seem to complain about the rankings and say "Oh they should not bother with rankings", yet you all seem to be desperate to join the top of the ranking?

I mean, if you think the ranking system is crap, then just forget about it, play for fun, and not care if people are cheating to be at the top. I don't understand why you are so annoyed at the sad cheaters, if you don't even want the rankings system? Do you see my point? I have a crap ranking, I play fair and for fun, and I don't cry myself to sleep every night because there are people cheating and they are higher in the rankings than me. WHO CARES ABOUT A COMPUTER GAME'S RANKINGS? Only sad people, that think it makes them a better person to have a high ranking. Just FORGET about the rankings. Get some nice people on your friends list and you're away.

Good luck :)

What makes me laugh is that you all seem to complain about the rankings and say "Oh they should not bother with rankings", yet you all seem to be desperate to join the top of the ranking?

I mean, if you think the ranking system is crap, then just forget about it, play for fun, and not care if people are cheating to be at the top. I don't understand why you are so annoyed at the sad cheaters, if you don't even want the rankings system? Do you see my point? I have a crap ranking, I play fair and for fun, and I don't cry myself to sleep every night because there are people cheating and they are higher in the rankings than me. WHO CARES ABOUT A COMPUTER GAME'S RANKINGS? Only sad people, that think it makes them a better person to have a high ranking. Just FORGET about the rankings. Get some nice people on your friends list and you're away.

Good luck :)

am i complaining though? your dumb, read my post again i was only suggesting a way to improve it you silly geek

I think the ranking system is bollocks, encourages cheating and gay tactics. And Houldey, yes we are entitled to moan about it because us fair players have to put up with playing against it so shooosh ;).
Anyone remember PES4 online? Really fun and no gay tactics or cheating and no ranking system :)

Back
Top Bottom