Things in PES2010 That Drive You Insane

is there any pes6 online comm. or league around ? lol
would be cool
over hamachi/lan whatever ?
i think the off. servers are offline right ?

Totally agree with most of the comments, but more to add that I find annoying.

- Having to scout even well known players in ML to see what their stats are, and having a scouting list limit. I liked seeing how well known players on other teams progressed in previous games.

- Awkard English translations of everything.

- Banners in the stadiums that say "Who ate all the pies?" "Come on! Get Stuck In" etc...

- Through balls to players running on the wing are always passed directly to opposition players despite the fact that all I want is a simple pass to the outside of the winger.

- Players run alongside through balls and you can't control them until you supercancel. This has been in every version so I'm used to supercanceling it but I never understood why they can't just let you control the player receiving the through ball normally.

- Chip shots...very innacurate unless the player has extremely high shot technique/accuracy. I dream of one day actually scoring a chip shot that wasn't by total accident.

-dribbling, turning and cutting inside isn't as great as it was in 09. Dribbling in 09 was too easy but it felt good. Seems like their solution was to just sabotage the dribbling system rather than improve the computer's defensive AI.

-AI, where is it? Computer leaves so much space for you at the outside of the box area then gets way too aggressive when you're anywhere else.

-Your player with the ball immediately gets assaulted by half of the opposition team the second he stays on the ball too long. Yet when the computer has the ball your defenders move out of the way, as the player switching button constantly switches to players behind the guy running with the ball rather than the ones in front of him.

-player ratings in matches. If a midfield player scores 5 goals in a match and gets no assist he will receive a rating of 6.5, yet if a striker does the same he will receive an 8. Is a rating higher than 8 even possible?

-New penalty system. I guess if you understand how it works it would be fine, but I still don't get it and can only score penalties when i aim straight down the net. The least they could have done was give you instructions on how it works in-game and a practice penalty mode.

-Your own players running into the player who has the ball, or blocking your shots by positioning themselves in front of the player with the ball when you are clearly in a good position to shoot. Seems to happen to me about once every match. Usually results in me questioning my sanity in continuing to play the game.

-Players have no sense of where the boundaries of the field are. Its sad and funny how easy it is to jockey the opposition players to the edge of the field and just watch them walk out of bounds because they're out of ideas. Also, your own players never seem to make any effort to keep a ball into play in situations where it should be very simple to control the ball to prevent it from going out.

I think that's all I can think of for now.

Goalkeeper parrying shots that go across him. Happens quite a lot and the ball normally falls into the strikers path. Instant goal and annoyance.

Through ball is sometimes a little poor. Been a few times when i've had a 2v1 situation and my player has played the ball straight to the defender. Sometimes the situation worsens as the spare attacker decides to not bother making a run at all and a through ball surprises him and the chance is gone, or you can't even attamept a through ball because you know it won't work.

the AI of the CPU is bad, but the AI of the player's team is even worse. I think Konami cared too much in making a difficult game and forgot about AI

ARRGHHH

Goalkeepers are so poor.

The animations are really terrible. I've watched replays of a few goals i've scored/let in, where the keeper is actually facing the completely wrong way. The parrying is ridiculous and the jerky keeper animations are a joke. The keeper doesn't even stretch when he dives. It's more like a flop to the floor. It ruins good goals and detracts from the feeling of scoring. Everything else about the game is so good, so for such a fundamental thing to be wrong, it's very annoying.

I really hope they work on some form of motion capture for PES11. It's the biggest problem for me right now.

ARRGHHH

Goalkeepers are so poor.

The animations are really terrible. I've watched replays of a few goals i've scored/let in, where the keeper is actually facing the completely wrong way. The parrying is ridiculous and the jerky keeper animations are a joke. The keeper doesn't even stretch when he dives. It's more like a flop to the floor. It ruins good goals and detracts from the feeling of scoring. Everything else about the game is so good, so for such a fundamental thing to be wrong, it's very annoying.

I really hope they work on some form of motion capture for PES11. It's the biggest problem for me right now.

God yeh seems whenever i score a good pass and move goal, it's just ruined by the keeper not making any attempt to dive for the ball but rather stand and rotate around it on the spot.

im glad i am not the only one with gripes regarding pes 2010. in fact, i even tried fifa 10 on the xbox which so many people were saying was revolutionary this season.

at the end of the day, i scrapped both fifa 10 and pes 10 and reverted to pes 09. my pes 09 is heavily modded, all the team AI's are upped and i have all the correct kits etc.. but the clincher for me was when i found that konami sabotaged the dribbling system this year.

i really quite enjoyed making the driving runs from midfield.. and i enjoyed the ability to stop and change direction with at least some degree of control rather than running into a trailing leg EVERY time i moved any way but forward...

that alone has made pes 2010 a bust for me.. :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom