Third place - Uruguay vs Germany - poll (Evo-Web predictions right)

Third place - Uruguay vs Germany - poll

• Uruguay win

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Germany win

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Third place - Uruguay vs Germany - poll

If Germany play like today? NO Thanks.

I think Germany will win, like 4 years ago, but I hope in Uruguay, they deserved this, to me they are the surprise of this (bad) WC

This match is simply a waste of time. FIFA should cut this unnecessary game in further WC's.

I agree, this game is quite unnecessary...especially it is giving Klose a chance to get past Ronaldo in the all-time scorer's board!!!

Well it's still part of the World Cup though, it's not like it's a friendly.

Thing is though Uruguay have 1 more day rest which is a big deal imo when the time between matches is very short. Germans rest 2 days and play on 3rd while Uruguay rest 3 days then play match on 4th day. That could be a factor and maybe it means Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez also have an outside chance of finishing top-scorer.

Really, this match is time waste, would make is better as on the Euro when both teams which have lost in a semi-final receive bronze awards. But in this case I hope for Germany though to Uruguay the victory will be more necessary, after all they did not win medal WC 60 years.

for me this match is also a waste of time, but i will watch it.
both teams are the ones that suprised the world most with their achievements.
though i am german - i don't care who wins this match...

I suppose I'm in the minority but I'm definitely looking forward to this match.

Plus historically, it's been of the most entertaining matches of World Cups with pressure less and teams playing more attacking end-to-end stuff.

In 16 matches, 63 goals have been scored in 3rd place match! 12 times, with both teams scoring a goal. Was just reading this stuff on FIFA site.

Suarez will be back and him and Forlan can cause problems for Germans though Forlan is not 100% fit and Klose has back-problems while Lahm, Jogi Low and couple other players have 'flu'.

I think it'll be good stuff.

p.s. Octopus Paul predicted Germany as winner, didn't he? Germans have a PHENOMENAL record against Uruguayans by the way!

p.p.s Did Octopus Paul predict Serbia would beat Germany?

Hmm... so two matches to go for Octopus Paul. It'll be really interesting to see if he can keep his 100% record. What a tournament he's had!! :LOL:

35425_101409543248035_100001369682910_8308_2965551_n.jpg

Yes, the match was very good so it is a pity that Forlan has punched in a crossbeam, and that very beautiful goal would turn out. And so I congratulate Germany on this victory, and also an octopus of Paul with the next guessed result.

Last edited:
Forlan dangerous even in final second. Did his case well for Golden Ball and of course joint-top scorer as well with Muller now. Just need Villa and Sneijder not to score tomorrow which isn't too unlikely.

However, wouldn't neither Villa nor Sneijder score tomorrow the Golden Shoe would be awarded to Mueller alone, since he's got most assists. Sneijder and Villa could assist two more goals each and it still would go to Mueller, since he played less minutes in the World Cup.

It's only the third most important criteria. Goals come first, obviously, followed by assists and then, finally, minutes played.

and that's stupid (no offence for ya) we're glad anyway the one who deserves got it, aren't we? :)

Back
Top Bottom