This scum is still at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cigol said:
Plenty more, bigger & meaner fish in the sea.

But I have to say, I dislike sycophantic lynch-pinning, whenever I see tell tale signs of it appearing I just have to turn my nose up and say 'no, no, no'.

?????

syc·o·phant Pronunciation Key (sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people

linch·pin or lynch·pin Pronunciation Key (lnchpn)
n.
A locking pin inserted in the end of a shaft, as in an axle, to prevent a wheel from slipping off.
A central cohesive element: Reduced spending is the linchpin of their economic program.

don't know what ya mean mate...but maybe im just thick. ;)

Sycophant refers to those who 'look up' to patch makers and jump on to their 'cause'.

Lynchpinning is an act whereby mobs of people gang up on others, I believe it is from the slavery days (where black people were victimised).

techmob said:
lol ^ says the people who are selling them!

what allot of them don't realise, is that all it takes is trading standards, or the internet police to get sold a copy.. that is enough for them to get a warrent, and give you atleast 4 months in prison... now what else are they going to find on these peoples pc's.. and more copies at home.. seriously get fked..

not worth it, is it!

All I am saying is that if they want to get put in jail let them, most of us here have done things to our PS2 to let us play import games so how can we compalin about illegal activities, let the powers that be sort it out, if this was Fifa would we be up in arms, so........u seriously get fked mate.

you can't stop whats going on with this on ebay. there is a demand for a product and naturally people will appear offering what is in demand. regardless of morals, honesty, ethics, none of that matters.. only $$ matters.

no one is forcing people to buy these illegally patched games.. i think it's wrong that these guys are making money off of other people's hard work, but what's new?

these have gone on for years. copies of the patches are sold on the streets of thailand as well as ebay. ive found the bpp patch in thailand and on various places on the net, the ole mix ones are sold everywhere...most patches are being sold somewhere.

Burak_FB1907 said:
would you expect anything less from an american company ?

...... WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN.... JUST BECAUSE ONE PIRATIN MF LIKE U OVER THERE... IS MAKIN MONEY WIT A PATCH WE9 AND NOW ALL AMERICANS ARE CROOKS......

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN U AND THE GUY SELLIN THE PATCH... U ON UR PC DOWNLOADIN THE PATCH AND OPTIONS FILES FO FREE AS IF IT WAS LEGAL...

I GUESS U CALL UR LEGAL PIRACY COS... U AINT SELLIN IT.... DUMMY...

I AINT GOT TYME FOR UR IGNORANT A**.... U JUST MAD COS U AINT AMERICAN AND GUESS WHAT ..... Y'ALL AINT GOT A COMPANY THAT BIG OR WELL KNOWN OVA THERE.... SO EAT UR HEART OUT....

mmeny said:
I AINT GOT TYME FOR UR IGNORANT A**.... U JUST MAD COS U AINT AMERICAN AND GUESS WHAT ..... Y'ALL AINT GOT A COMPANY THAT BIG OR WELL KNOWN OVA THERE.... SO EAT UR HEART OUT....

Look out, the intellectuals have arrived.

cigol said:
Sycophant refers to those who 'look up' to patch makers and jump on to their 'cause'.

Lynchpinning is an act whereby mobs of people gang up on others, I believe it is from the slavery days (where black people were victimised).

/off topic random trivia :D
Actually sycophant is a greek word, which in greek context translates as "someone who falsly accuses someone out of self interest" up to this day. It came to mean a suck-up in english context much later, even after it was first adpoted in the english language.

Sycophantes (the greek word) literaly means "one who shows the fig". The most popular explanation for that, is that it derived from an era when fig trade was prohibited by law in Athens, so merchants would falsly accuse their competitors of trading figs to take them out of the way.

You must have been sat waiting for years for someone to use that word just to say that right? :D

Wolf_Hook said:
Whose this "Internet Police" then? I wouldn't mind that job since I spend most of the day on it.

lol...its actually a small department set up by the met police here in the uk. they are "trained" to root out internet criminals who deal in credit card fraud and less wholesome crime. most of em don't know how to switch a modem on until they do their 3 day course lol. no doubt theres similar departments in other countries...

considering the ppl who release these pirate games dont do it for profit themselves he has no excuse.
but didnt you recently post a link to WEII8 with your patch and the full game yourself wolf ?
problem for konami to deal with i think.

beatswiss said:
Honestly, I must say no. I would not expect anything less and I am not surprised. Ebay is bullshit, I never sell or buy anything there. Here in Switzerland we have a much better online Auction Site.
well the swiss woudlnt even have this online auction site if it wasnt for ebay.... so think again, genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom