Those of you who have played the XBOX360 version

T

the_j_man

Ok, I apologise in advance if this has been asked numerous times before but...

Those of you who have played the xbox360 version and have previously had PES for the PS2, what version would you buy??

I have a 360 and am debating whether to take it back

Is it really worth buying the 360 version over the PS2 version

Take your 360 back just because dont like Pro Evo on it ? there is other games you know. :shock:

Gears of War 8)

Bingham67 said:
Take your 360 back just because dont like Pro Evo on it ? there is other games you know. :shock:

Gears of War 8)

no, I know, but I seriously don't see me playing anything on it, I played PGR3 last night, and whilst its a great game....it's football I bought this for!

I'm thinking just buy Pro Evo for it (I'm a Manchester United fan) so they are licensed...

cowden_harley said:
Dont take it back, its a fantastic system. If only one game makes a console worthwhile then why get it in the first place?

well, I didn't realise the PES6 version would be so cut down...

I think I'll keep it, I'm just debating whether to get PES on PS2 or 360.

If I buy PES for my PS2, I'll literally never play the 360

I think Konami should get some fans to give feedback on next version i think thats going to be the best way. :)

Unfortunately dont think going to happen :( but it should. :)

Unless anyone knows John Terry and can give him a list. :lol:

I think pes6 on 360 is much better than pes6 on ps2. Not just because of Widescreen and HD (which is fantastic) but also because the ps2 version feels more like an arcade game compared to the 360 version.

But if you liked WE10 and you are into fast combinations, dynamic gameplay and action packed matches you should probably go for the ps2.

The 360 version is more fluid, slower, tactical and more realistic. So if you are into that kind of gameplay you should not sell your 360.

mazanga said:
I think pes6 on 360 is much better than pes6 on ps2. Not just because of Widescreen and HD (which is fantastic) but also because the ps2 version feels more like an arcade game compared to the 360 version.

But if you liked WE10 and you are into fast combinations, dynamic gameplay and action packed matches you should probably go for the ps2.

The 360 version is more fluid, slower, tactical and more realistic. So if you are into that kind of gameplay you should not sell your 360.

Excellent, I think you have just answered my question

mazanga said:

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

perhaps abit too slow tho, anyways its still a great game and something we all usually have a good moan about until we get used to the new dynamics of the gameplay.

mazanga said:

Well i totally disagre with you there hehe the 360 version is really much more arcade like than the ps2 version

in ps2 you can play a great defence play and it feels more lika real soccer
for me the 360 version is much easier to pick up and play so beginners on the proevo serie will probably love the game .... i like it alot to but i know i will play the ps2 version much more

but everyone have their right to their own opinion so my advice is if you can test the game before you buy it ...do that

its a good game but not as good as it could have been im affraid :)

Okay, someone's said the 360 version is more realistic, someone has just said it's more arcadey, and I say it's exactly the same.

No wonder people don't believe any reviews on these forums...

donthomasso66 said:
Well i totally disagre with you there hehe the 360 version is really much more arcade like than the ps2 version

in ps2 you can play a great defence play and it feels more lika real soccer
for me the 360 version is much easier to pick up and play so beginners on the proevo serie will probably love the game .... i like it alot to but i know i will play the ps2 version much more

but everyone have their right to their own opinion so my advice is if you can test the game before you buy it ...do that

its a good game but not as good as it could have been im affraid :)

Well let's agree to disagree mate

You are right about one thing though. If you want to be sure, you should always test a game first and see if it fits your needs.

Jack Bauer said:
Okay, someone's said the 360 version is more realistic, someone has just said it's more arcadey, and I say it's exactly the same.

No wonder people don't believe any reviews on these forums...

Well Jack, It's all a matter of taste and perspective but I am pretty sure that after you have played both games a lot more you will come to the conclusion that the 360 is much more realistic. These games are nowhere near the same. They are both pes6 so 'basically' they are the same, but there are a lot of differences that are small but significant at the same time.

They might feel the same if you would compare these games to Fifa.

Last edited:
Anyone played the ps2 version i played the 360 version and dident like it.So what the differnts between them

I have played the 360 version and i have to say it is disappointing. Not the gameplay i mean, the gameplay is still as solid as ever, graphically its a little better. But the options are terrible! There is no edit system to edit kits and theres no transfer option either! All you can do is edit players names and abilities. You cant transfer a player to another club, you cant transfer a player into an international side, you cant even save replays! AWFUL! I love pro evo and was very disappointed at this, KONAMI have let us all down!

schueygod13 said:
I have played the 360 version and i have to say it is disappointing. Not the gameplay i mean, the gameplay is still as solid as ever, graphically its a little better. But the options are terrible! There is no edit system to edit kits and theres no transfer option either! All you can do is edit players names and abilities. You cant transfer a player to another club, you cant transfer a player into an international side, you cant even save replays! AWFUL! I love pro evo and was very disappointed at this, KONAMI have let us all down!

we know that since long time, and personnaly don't care 8)

EXAXTLY we are all disappointed with all the fatures missing in pes but what we want to know is, if the gameplay makes it up for it.
i sold my ps2 long time ago, the only way to play pes6 is to play it throw my xbox360, IS IT WORTH IT OR NOT IN TERMS OF GAMEPLAY???

ronaldo10 said:
EXAXTLY we are all disappointed with all the fatures missing in pes but what we want to know is, if the gameplay makes it up for it.
i sold my ps2 long time ago, the only way to play pes6 is to play it throw my xbox360, IS IT WORTH IT OR NOT IN TERMS OF GAMEPLAY???
Nobody can answer how you'll feel about it, do people not understand?

In this thread there have been three people who've said, on the 360 it's better, on the 360 it's worse, it's the same gameplay across all formats. You just have to play it for yourself.

:applause:
Couldn't agree more, its all a matter of personal taste, one man's food is another's poison, but it's like people dont seem to get to grips with that. PERSONAL OPINION is what counts, dont just "go with the flow" ;)

Not sure how so many people differ in opinions on gameplay!

What are you crazy......

So what makes up gameplay, maybe a few stats-from 0-10
>
.......................................we10--------------------PES5(xbox)
SPEED OF GAME---------------10(too quick for me)----7 (about right)
ANIMATION SMOOTHNESS-----8------------------------7
PASSING-------------------------8------------------------7
AI OF OFF THE BALL RUNS-----8-------------------------7
SLOWDOWN(0=best,10worst)--2------------------------0
SHOOTING AUTHENTICITY------8-----------------------7

So if WE10 ps2 which I thought was too fast gets a 10 for speed ,PES5 xbox
gets a 7 where is xbox360 on these stats....is it really that slow eg 5/10
is the SLOWDOWN as bad as WE9 stutter bug or just like we10 when ball crosses goal line a slight slowdown is occasionally seen.

Have all you people who like it played WE10 ps2 and pes5 ps2/xbox?
What worries me are the guys who don't like it, and have played we10 and thought that was too quick.
Shouldn't the gameplay be as good at least as we10 but maybe a little slower.

Last edited:
studeep said:
:applause:
Couldn't agree more, its all a matter of personal taste, one man's food is another's poison, but it's like people dont seem to get to grips with that. PERSONAL OPINION is what counts, dont just "go with the flow" ;)

i know that Jack bauber & Studeep;) but just wanted to know overall peoples opinions about xbox360
& if the game plays any diferent to pes5, as really didn't like that game (pes5) but thats my opinion:mrgreen:
i hanen't play we10, do u think we can see the gameplay changes compared to pes5?
thanks in advance

schueygod13 said:

are you just saying what everyone is saying? you can edit player faces too, and you can also transfer players. get off the pes bashing wagon.

FleaFly said:
are you just saying what everyone is saying? you can edit player faces too, and you can also transfer players. get off the pes bashing wagon.

no your completely wrong mate, you cant tranfer players

Caniggia said:
I think that the X-Box 360 version is arcadish and that the PS2 version is more of a simulation.

Totally agree, the one thing that really is annoying me if the shooting, its notthe same on the 360, its very delayed, especially online where you learn to press the button 2-3 seconds before you want to shoot..

FleaFly said:

Not just saying what everyone else is saying. The gameplay is still good but there is slow down on corners. Just telling it like it is.

Back
Top Bottom