Thoughts about the Super League

Kids like these are the exact audience of the Super League

Yeah or people who just stan football stars.

Yeah I said stan. Like the Kpop stans. Because that's why they do, that's what they are. The are stalker-fans that treat "football stars" the same way Kpop stans treat their beloved Kpop idols.

I remember two years ago in early 2019 I was really into Dream League Soccer and had a group about the game in Facebook. Once I made a post showing my team. It had no players that were considered stars, since I preferred to buy shitty players and develop them myself. Because of that post I had a guy basically harrass me in my DMs for not having any superstar in my team. He literally was just not leaving me alone, I honestly got scared because he wouldn't stop harrassing me for just a stupid reason. I had to block him and expose him in the group which resulted in him getting banned. I left short after and deleted my Facebook account.

Those people are basically that, footballer stans.

What really hurts a lot of all this thing is that meritocracy is being torn to pieces and walked over by these so-called "elite" clubs which only happen to be the ones with more greed.
I mean, how come Ajax (with their history) and Atalanta (with their results in the recent years) aren't considered "elite" but Spurs and Inter are?
The whole idea is extremely elitist, and you don't even need to read between the lines or something to realize that, just hear the words of Perez himself, the way he talks about Roma and Napoli.

"Oh yeah, these boring smaller teams that don't have as much money as we do will have the chance to be in our little enlightened group, but we are the focus because we decided so."

And really, you don't need to stray further from the core concept to realize how insane all of this is, "we decided to create this super league with super teams, what are super teams? Basically the ones we choose, and if we don't choose your boring ass, then earn your way in".

hoo boy here it comes

also given how Pep was allowed to express he ain't into it perhaps City is getting ready for it too?

I think Chelsea should still be punished regardless, but its good news

livestream people celebrating, man I always shit on English but damn you've mobilized so fast and your love for the game shows, big respect 🐑

Perez: Nobody can leave...

*cocks pistol*

AND NOW TIME FOR CITY

Those are the following three cunts that need ESL the most:

Perez 900M € debt
Laporta 1.5B € debt
Agnelli 400M € debt

if they need money let'em go to JP Morgan, or just fucking die and perish away. Sevilla and Atalanta will do a great job of replacing them.

EDIT: Laporta to let socios vote on the issue

lets go!!!!

EDIT: Atletico

Milan too apparently but can't find anything.

It's falling apart. But I still expect the punishment to be served.

FINAL EDIT: Apparently they're set to disband tonight. Europe saved?

Last edited:
I just saw a poll on a national newspaper here while reading the news. 80% of the pollsters think SL is a great idea. Shows you how different football is perceived by local fans and TV fans

FINAL EDIT: Apparently they're set to disband tonight. Europe saved?
Hopefully there's no more turning back without consequences, at this stage.
It's not like you can try to kill someone and when you fail spectacularly you tell them "oh wait it was nothing serious, I was joking" and expect to get away with a slap on the wrist because "see? I didn't kill them after all".

Ed Woodward out apparently

I'm just watching this United fans stream. I'm not a fan but I'm just so happy that they're happy.

Legit makes me tear up.

Legit makes me want to sink back in to the beautiful game.

Ed Woodward out apparently

I'm just watching this United fans stream. I'm not a fan but I'm just so happy that they're happy.
ESL disbanding AND Woody has fucked off?

PeriodicHalfCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Fucking madness

People resigning left and right

Rumours of Glazers selling

This has been in preparation for a decade. Woodward was hired at United sorely to put ESL together. This has been going on in the background for over a fucking decade!!!

And the fans destroyed them in like, 3 days.

This is the turning point. Football has hit the rock bottom this weekend, now we can only go up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🐑

Anyone ever wondered how the refereeing would be handled in this damned SuperLeague? Like, Florentino Perez saying: "My referre will whistle the game in Bernabeu, and yours can whistle the 2nd leg in maybe Allianz (Juve)". Pathetic.

Seriously, greedy billionaires like Florentino Perez deserved nothing more than the guillotine. One can only dream...

I hope the clubs involved in this crash and burn anyway.
After seeing the ESL crash and burn big time itself and after receiving a three-year ban from all the UEFA competitions, of course.

Curious how it will be unfold, and what the sanctions gonna be

Surely, these clubs signed their own death certificate in my opinion, there is no way back from this

See those clubs were exploited by the owners it seems. Basically, it was an American coup in Eurofootball and it was being orchestrated for 10+ years.

Whatever the punishment will be, hopefully it will enforce Americans leaving the teams they own, and I do hope governments will assist the clubs with setting up 50+1 rule to prevent this from happening again.

Perhaps 50+1 should be required to be a part of UEFA? Continent-wide reformation to prevent this bullshit, could be step 0 in making the field more equal overall.

I wish Italy had been the one to say "F* you" to the ESL, instead Milan and Inter jumped on the bandwagon on their first chance, just goes to show how italian football has changed through the years, at least when it comes to the top 3.

I hope people don't just see this as the victory and that football is saved. The greed is still there that led to this being formulated and the rest of the ridiculous stuff like insane transfer fees and contracts, parasitic agents and even an attempt at PPV Premier League matches recently.

Maybe that was the intention all along - get people outraged about this obscene idea so that the rest of the shit they do seems acceptable by comparison.

Curious how it will be unfold, and what the sanctions gonna be
Relegating Real Madrid to the "Primera División RFEF" (which will become the third tier of Spanish football in 2021-22) would be beautiful, not to mention ironic, as it will be administered by the Royal Spanish Football Federation... since Pérez believe he's "football royalty".

I wish Italy had been the one to say "F* you" to the ESL, instead Milan and Inter jumped on the bandwagon on their first chance, just goes to show how italian football has changed through the years, at least when it comes to the top 3.
As a Milan fan (and I know that what I'm about to say will go against my club big time) I really hope none of us gets away with it.
Leaving teams unpunished would basically mean you're telling them "feel free to try it again, maybe next time you'll succeed".
Giving them (us, sigh...) a 30 point deduction in the current season and excluding them fron European cups for the next three would be about right.

The greed is still there that led to this being formulated and the rest of the ridiculous stuff like insane transfer fees and contracts

One more reason why banning the involved clubs from any European competitions (and maybe even relegating them to lower divisions in their domestic leagues) proves more than necessary, mate. 'Cause it hurts them where their greedy owners care most: their own pockets. Most probably won't happen though :(

This is the turning point. Football has hit the rock bottom this weekend, now we can only go up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🐑
Just saying, but rock bottom is yet to come. After corona, probably 80% of the top flight clubs will be gone. It's not just about the big clubs, the smaller clubs will go bust too since their business model is essentially selling players to the bigger clubs.

Having the ESL dismantled is only the first step towards healing the world of football.
Greedy players with even worse managers (Donnarumma and Raiola anyone?), TVs always having the last word on schedules with matches played on every freaking day of the week, teams pretending to follow FFP but finding every kind of workaround to overcome it with UEFA not giving a damn...

There's a lot to do to bring "our" football back.

If the clubs all back out this quickly I don't think anything will be done to punish them. The governing bodies said 'We will f*ck you up if you do this' and the clubs are saying 'OK we won't do it then'.

Super League club owners are dicks, but those clubs still make up a lot of the profits for UEFA and the respective leagues. They won't be punished.

I don't have much to say about Super League, whether it will ever start and if it will be good or bad for football in long run. As they say, time will tell.

But I find it massively hypocritical from UEFA officials to call out those 12 clubs for doing this just for money and that football should be for fans. If that is so, why are TV rights sold mostly to channels that are behind paywalls? Is it maybe because they offer more money than free-to-air TV channels can ever imagine to offer? And isn't UEFA the one who fills its CHAMPIONS League with teams that finish 2nd or 3rd or even lower instead of champions from smaller countries because Atletico Madrid or Tottenham or Dortmund who finished 2nd or 3rd in their league brings in more add and TV rights revenue in comparison to say Dinamo Zagreb or Crvena Zvezda or Maribor or Cluj or Basel... you get the point.

UEFA is moaning about those clubs doing exactly the same thing but without them because UEFA knows they will loose huge sum of money if it ever gets off the line and that means less money in their official's pockets.

Back
Top Bottom