Thoughts about the Super League

more refs decision against us ffs
I'm sorry dude, but this had to be either a joke or a troll attempt... right?

Real LITERALLY won LaLiga last year with several bullshit penalties, even with VAR already in place... And Juve is all the same, they always had refs in their pockets (never forget the Calciopoli). You think it's a coincidence that both Real and Juve are the heads of all this debacle? Think again.

President of the FIGC (italian football federation) Gravina said "they can't punish an idea".

In the meantime Real Madrid signs Alaba with a 20 millions bonus plus some ridiculous annual wage. But (high level) football is surely rotting due to the "structure", right Florentino :LMAO:?

I would be so done with this shit it wasn't for the love I have for my club lol.

so it´s only Barca & Madrid still in,
as they clearly need more money they should start a world tour and play a monthly El Clasico all over the world. Something like Disney on ice or the Harlem Globetrotters maybe?
They should make it even more interesting with goals from +30 meters should count double and acrobatic finishes grants them a prize or something

so it´s only Barca & Madrid still in,
as they clearly need more money they should start a world tour and play a monthly El Clasico all over the world. Something like Disney on ice or the Harlem Globetrotters maybe?
They should make it even more interesting with goals from +30 meters should count double and acrobatic finishes grants them a prize or something

Just sell the entire first squad. Problem solved.
They can start from 0 but of course its a 100 million dollar business and they want that sweet money from shirt sellings and from the marketing power of the players. So their situation isnt that bad after all if they dont have to go to such length.

Just sell the entire first squad. Problem solved.
They can start from 0 but of course its a 100 million dollar business and they want that sweet money from shirt sellings and from the marketing power of the players. So their situation isnt that bad after all if they dont have to go to such length.

Exactly. If Barcelona have to wipe out their first team squad and start again, so be it. If they get relegated as a result, so be it. If they carry on and go out of business, so be it. The world doesn't owe Barcelona anything

I 100% agree with that. Don't you have enough money to cover the expenses? Start selling your players (hopefully before letting non-players go home unemployed, which is a thing that would usually happen in this case).

Look at what happened to Malaga CF for example: they were wealthy, for a period they have been one of the top Spanish teams (4th in La Liga, a very good progress in the UCL) then the sheikh messed up big time and look at what happened to them after that.
They barely escaped relegation to Segunda B last year (luckily they're doing a little better this year) and are still in the process of trying not to collapse:

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019...financial-woes-during-tense-press-conference/ (september 2019)
https://www.espn.com/soccer/malaga/...lay-off-workers-but-no-players-to-be-affected (may 2020)
https://www.espn.com/soccer/malaga/...-of-first-team-squad-to-ease-financial-issues (august 2020)

If it happened to Malaga CF (and to many many other teams, even more famous ones like Parma, Fiorentina and Napoli, which just collapsed and had to rebuild almost from scratch) why shouldn't it happen to Milan, or Real Madrid, or Barcelona?

They can start from 0 but of course its a 100 million dollar business and they want that sweet money from shirt sellings and from the marketing power of the players.
This is another thing to consider. They've been catering to wrong audience all along. Legacy fans would never leave the club even if the club sold their best players. But fans from the "new generation"? Goodbye Barça, off to Real Madrid we go. They're richer and have better players so we thought we would support them instead of your team made of mediocre players.

Last edited:
I think @Tom should henceforth ban the word Legacy when it is followed by fans.

Yes it's basically a case of we've run our club so badly that we are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt how can we get someone else to fund our business without having to give up any of our assets and also enable us(you) to keep buying more players so we can continue to haemmorhage money at a mind blowing rate.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
If it happened to Malaga CF (and to many many other teams, even more famous ones like Parma, Fiorentina and Napoli, which just collapsed and had to rebuild almost from scratch) why shouldn't it happen to Milan, or Real Madrid, or Barcelona?

Ye

Imagine if Perez and Laporta won't find money to pay off the immediate debt and will have to sell out. Isn't it actually better for La Liga? Sevilla seems strong, literally keeps up with the rest. Real Sociedad seems to be all the rage these days. Betis and Villareal are bit behind but both seem to be well-run and definitely ambitious. Without those two enormous beasts (Atletico is whatever), wouldn't that instantly make league more competitive and interesting?

Hoping for something similar in Italy to enable Atalanta's full conquest of Serie A. A team so good that, even though I don't watch football, I hear about them all the time. Kick out JJ Juventus to hell, for the ESL and that meme "crest" of theirs. Perhaps it was part of the content revenue impression based monetization scheme in preparations for ESL too?

What else explains having fucking JJ as a logo???? ban them 🐑

What else explains having fucking JJ as a logo????
You know, when football clubs become "brands" more than teams, this happens.
Look at Inter for example: from the old logo with IMFC (which has been pretty much similar over the years even if I prefer the early '00s version) they switched to the new one which only features IM and which I don't like a single bit.

Juve and Inter probably thought that more simple logos would be more recognizable globally as a "brand trademark" (maybe the old ones were too elaborated? Dunno).

Ah yeah I saw Inter recently, and also saw Spain which is basically the same thing but slightly worse because details been removed and its less readable

I'm doing a graphic design course since February (Adobe licenses and theory) and we have been told and shown many times that minimalism is the way forward. Everything needs to be simplified because people's attention span is a second long, so you cannot afford to waste any time. I partially understand, especially in business, but football - especially in Europe - is 100+ years of history, you can't just erase it for the sake of financial benefits (or so we thought lol).

Juventus thing is so ridiculous I have zero respect for them since then and I just want the JJ Piemonte Brand Soccer Corp gone from Serie A, B, C, all the way to Serie -7. Jail them all, move players and funds to Torino, the real football team.

Inter too is just simplification so that fans have easier time "engaging with content" but let's be fucking real the blue and black circle with a star and classic IMFC is so recognizable you know it's Inter right away.

It rubs me the wrong way man. MLS teams can rebrand every year they're new age teams and I'm fine with it, but Europe...aaaaaaaaa...no. There were some great redesigns (Man City of all people) where it became both more readable and detailed.

Remove brand artists and content experts and restore the historical crests please!!

EDIT: The saga continues, Real and Barca are the last two left and both intend to stay in

The debt, it's coming! You're going bankrupt you damn bastards! Now it's time for Sevilla v Atletico!

Last edited:
He's open to tweaking the format. Well it will be some tweak seeing as those two will be playing each other every week :LOL:

Everything needs to be simplified because people's attention span is a second long,

I really hate this kind of thing, my attention span isn't a second long and neither is a large percentage of the worlds population. It's the same with TV, shit reality bollocks or never ending talent shows or inane 'celebrities' who are famous for being famous.

You know, when football clubs become "brands" more than teams, this happens.
Look at Inter for example: from the old logo with IMFC (which has been pretty much similar over the years even if I prefer the early '00s version) they switched to the new one which only features IM and which I don't like a single bit.
I didn't even know about the "new" Inter logo, and I say "new" because it looks more like the logo of a 4th division team from the 90s.

Who did see this coming? James Corden, a USA showbiz figure, talking about and especially against European Super League. Although he seems to have a passion for football, it is obvious that he is appealing to an audience with zero clue about football. But this makes it just more passionate.

P.S.: pardon me, just checked wikipedia , and he was born in London. So this explains a lot. ;)

Last edited:
Who did see this coming? James Corden, a USA showbiz figure, talking about and especially against European Super League. Although he seems to have a passion for football, it is obvious that he is appealing to an audience with zero clue about football. But this makes it just more passionate.

P.S.: pardon me, just checked wikipedia , and he was born in London. So this explains a lot. ;)
Yes, from London. He supports West Ham so I'm sure it's (or it was) more devastating for him.

I don't like his show, it's probably one of the most bland talk shows on TV, but Corden himself comes across as a nice guy and I like that he took time to educate his audience on that matter, it's very important and he, as a brit, knows better than most.

Last edited:
Something I haven't hear much about so far is why is AC Milan there?

Yes, they were great 2 decades ago but they haven't been a top 20 team in 10 years. Haven't made the champions league since 2013/14 and have only made the quarters once since 2007.

AC Milan represents everything wrong with the super league.
Wait, is Superleague still a thing? I thought it had been abandoned for good...

I'm a Milanista and I'm also wondering why the hell we're still in there.
To be honest I'm still wondering why a thing like that is necessary. I know football's rotten but "let's get together so we can become more rich than City and PSG, at the expense of all the other clubs" doesn't sound like a solution to save football, in my eyes.

Wait, is Superleague still a thing? I thought it had been abandoned for good...

I'm a Milanista and I'm also wondering why the hell we're still in there.
To be honest I'm still wondering why a thing like that is necessary. I know football's rotten but "let's get together so we can become more rich than City and PSG, at the expense of all the other clubs" doesn't sound like a solution to save football, in my eyes.
What i listened by radio, 3 teams are still faithfull to the idea, IIRC those teams are, BARCELONA, REAL MADRID and Juventus.

Back
Top Bottom