Through pass trouble, or is it me?

alexpant

Non-League
12 August 2005
Hi, i'm playing a 4-3-3 and i use my left and right attackers a lot (Ronaldo & Rooney). I use the through pass to get the ball forward along the side line but i have the following problem.
- Sometimes the players trap the ball too early instead of running along with it as they should in a through pass.

-Sometimes they run along with the ball and when they trap the ball they change direction on their own usually diagonally towards the sideline therefore ending up outside the pitch.

WHY???????

Try holding triangle down abit longer; that should enable the ball to go past the player your aiming for, so that they'll be able to run onto the ball.

For the second point (I think i get what you mean...but ignore me if I'm wrong), maybe try holding down r2 and the direction you want to go, just before recieving the ball. That way the player will turn towards the direction you choose rather than changing direction automatically.

Thanks 4 the reply. First suggestion though, i think i'll have trouble when there are 2 players up front. Holding down :triangle: for a longer time will simply pass it on to the furthest player.

Second suggestion, never tried it:) Will do so now.
Thanks again

Well, try holding r1 or r2 (can't remember which now :s)and the direction towards goal. Its similar to the second suggestion above, but in this case the player should not control the ball, but just let the ball continue past him before running onto it again.

Two words: Super Cancel. Answer to your every question.

(Super Cancel = hold down R1+R2, you'll be able to move anytime anywhere)

Back
Top Bottom