Tiger Woods 2008 (360)

Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (360)

I've seen a ton of glitches so far, not very happy to be honest. I've hit about ten shots so far that I've watched myself hit (using the stick) dead straight, only for the game to say I'd hooked/sliced it extremely. I hit the ball that slowly that I very rarely go to either side, so it's fucking annoying. And the putting, from what I can tell, is totally utterly screwed. It said last year (and this year) that each inch uphill/downhill equals one foot extra/less power. Well I've got a 20ft putt with the 20ft putter on, 2 inches uphill, I hit the ball with 100% power (so I'm actually underhitting it) and it steams past the hole, whether the green is slow, medium or fast.

And the Tiger Challenge shit pisses me off, all I want to do in the game is play the career mode but in order to stand a chance you have to boost your stats. But rather than give you a realistic way of boosting your stats (i.e. play a few rounds on different courses, challenge some rookies, win some money from them - in other words, the way they already had it three years ago), you've got to play shitty little three-hole games of "bingo bango bongo" against Justin Rose (at the very start of your career) and "stableford" versus some 70-year-old granddad who keeps saying "ARGH MY BACK".

The face maker is great though, after half an hour of fiddling with it. I've imported four members of my family and three of them look stunningly spot-on, really incredible. Shame the only one that looks a bit dodgy is me. :eh:

I'll keep playing it though, purely because it's the best next-gen golf game apart from the new Everybody's Golf (and I can't afford a PS3).

Last edited:

I've seen a ton of glitches so far, not very happy to be honest. I've hit about ten shots so far that I've watched myself hit (using the stick) dead straight, only for the game to say I'd hooked/sliced it extremely. I hit the ball that slowly that I very rarely go to either side, so it's fucking annoying. And the putting, from what I can tell, is totally utterly screwed. It said last year (and this year) that each inch uphill/downhill equals one foot extra/less power. Well I've got a 20ft putt with the 20ft putter on, 2 inches uphill, I hit the ball with 100% power (so I'm actually underhitting it) and it steams past the hole, whether the green is slow, medium or fast.

And the Tiger Challenge shit pisses me off, all I want to do in the game is play the career mode but in order to stand a chance you have to boost your stats. But rather than give you a realistic way of boosting your stats (i.e. play a few rounds on different courses, challenge some rookies, win some money from them - in other words, the way they already had it three years ago), you've got to play shitty little three-hole games of "bingo bango bongo" against Justin Rose.

The face maker is great though, after half an hour of fiddling with it. I've imported four members of my family and three of them look stunningly spot-on, really incredible. Shame the only one that looks a bit dodgy is me. :eh:

I agree the game's always fun it's just that there are OTHER ways I'd like to be able to play the game. The tiger challange isn't that good feeling

And the Tiger Challenge shit pisses me off, all I want to do in the game is play the career mode but in order to stand a chance you have to boost your stats. But rather than give you a realistic way of boosting your stats (i.e. play a few rounds on different courses, challenge some rookies, win some money from them - in other words, the way they already had it three years ago), you've got to play shitty little three-hole games of "bingo bango bongo" against Justin Rose (at the very start of your career) and "stableford" versus some 70-year-old granddad who keeps saying "ARGH MY BACK".

One day I will read one of your posts and find you enjoy something, I aint holding my fucking breath for it happening anytime soon though

One day I will read one of your posts and find you enjoy something, I aint holding my fucking breath for it happening anytime soon though
Gears Of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 4, UEFA CL, reading the replies that totally ignore the content of my posts. There's a few for you, if you'd like to know more of my likes and dislikes I'll make a dating site profile for you if you like, but I'm telling you now you're not my type.

Gears Of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 4, UEFA CL, reading the replies that totally ignore the content of my posts. There's a few for you, if you'd like to know more of my likes and dislikes I'll make a dating site profile for you if you like, but I'm telling you now you're not my type.

I am guessing the dislikes will be a shitload longer than the likes :D

I read gamespot review and sounds real silly regarding the swing control. Read on other forums how the controls are too sensitive and hitting the ball straight is a real pain.

95% of the time you can hit it straight no problem, but 5% of the time it is totally random. Like I say, I watch the stick when I take the shot to make sure I do it dead straight, and I've seen it say "<<< EXTREME HOOK, OUT OF BOUNDS" when I've not gone even slightly left. Which is the equivalent of pressing shoot in FIFA and your player turning around and kicking the ball out of play.

It's not that that gets me the most though, it's the putting. How can you judge a putt if you're 20ft away using the 20ft putter, level ground, and the ball flies past?

Different year, same game....still bloody good fun though

Well I've only ever played 07 360 and to be fair it's quite a but better:

Graphics are massively improved, lighting and such make a huge difference.
Tiger's Challenge is expanded so it's not just competing against people there's lots of fun mini challenges.

Replay saving and gameface and all that seems nice, shame it's broken though :(

Haven't touched career mode, I'm assuming you still can't do a 2player career? Real pisser that cos the wife and I play the game together and it'd be way more fun if we could do a career :)

And yes it's very glitchy/buggy, as you mention putting sometimes makes no sense at all when you take the distances/lie into account, I hope it's being fixed?

Another nice glitch we experienced, my wife was playing a Tiger challenge and doing really well, I removed the LAN cable to use with the laptop to get some files from our PC (use it with the 360 for internet sharing), obviously lost the connection to Xbox live, game kicked Nat to the main menu and she lost her current game in Tiger challenge, I mean WTF why should it affect a single player game mode if the connection is lost to Xbox live? Bullshit :(

95% of the time you can hit it straight no problem, but 5% of the time it is totally random. Like I say, I watch the stick when I take the shot to make sure I do it dead straight, and I've seen it say "<<< EXTREME HOOK, OUT OF BOUNDS" when I've not gone even slightly left. Which is the equivalent of pressing shoot in FIFA and your player turning around and kicking the ball out of play.

So it's the equivalent of PES' shooting simulation then ;)

Oh be nice, he likes Fifa and that's all that matters ;)

Has anyone been able to upload their pic to easportsworld.com? I upload a pic and it just sits there doing fuck all, I also got the thing where it showed my pic, the wife's pic, some geek at his computer and some black dude, the funny thing is I look nekkid in my pic so I probably scared some Americans :(

It's not that that gets me the most though, it's the putting. How can you judge a putt if you're 20ft away using the 20ft putter, level ground, and the ball flies past?

I have always found the putting on Tiger Woods pretty weak. I can't see why EA don't add a grid that works properly. I wanna be able to read the slopes myself.

I thought the putting in TW07 was quite good, you could get quite accurate with it. The approach shots I could never get right, and the rubberband AI was piss poor, i.e. you birdie he birdies you double-bogey he double-bogeys (which is still there). The game has improvements but with the putting in this state it's an overall worse game, in my opinion.

You get this "putt preview" now, which means you can see after you've aimed the path your shot will take, but it also hints at the power with how long/"bright" the path is - which is never right. It will say the ball will go straight in the hole and it ends up going 10ft past.

I don't think it's something they'll fix either, because it was fine in TW07, why would they alter it? They must think it's more realistic if it's totally random - perhaps you can only putt properly when your stats are maxed out.

CDubya can you change the thread title for 08? I cant get my photos onto the photo game face because.... Americans are over working the Servers!!!

It's the same for everyone. Thank God the nephew has more money than sense and the Xbox Vision cam. :)

lol ive got the vision cam but the results I got were shit! It got my skin colour totally wrong and didnt capture half of my facial details I tried it a few times and gave up. Im sure if you upload a good quality photo on there (when you can!!) it will look 10 times better.... or of course I could be wrong

DJ, go to the dashboard, last tab, Xbox Live Vision. You can alter the colour settings there. Get it right there, then just go into TW08.

Another nice glitch we experienced, my wife was playing a Tiger challenge and doing really well, I removed the LAN cable to use with the laptop to get some files from our PC (use it with the 360 for internet sharing), obviously lost the connection to Xbox live, game kicked Nat to the main menu and she lost her current game in Tiger challenge, I mean WTF why should it affect a single player game mode if the connection is lost to Xbox live? Bullshit :(
Christ, Microsoft let EA get away with anything. If you sign out of a gamer profile then what you just said should happen but obviously not just for losing a Live connection - you can't control that sometimes.

I'll be picking up Tiger later I think, hopefully there'll be an autoupdate out then that fixes glitches.

Yeah like all the other games we play, i was gonna get it then thought balls to it im ace at real golf so i dont need this and i'm sick of people chatting me up when they see my face in a game. I had to stop playing texas hold'em naked.

Apart from the player model of Tiger the whole game looks like a PS1 game with texture smoothing turned on
You dont know what your on about... im playing it on my 50 LG HD tv with my Elite and HDMI and it looks excellent to me.... compare it to the old PGA Tour for PSX and you will see what im on about!

JB, I used my dads 8 Mega Pixel digital camera and EVENTUALLY got the photos uploaded to easportsworld.com. Then I had to wait 30 mins for them to appear on my downloadable faces. Did the marker bits and OMFG!! the result is seriously scary! it looks so much like me its untrue!

If PES2008's Photo Face feature churns out results as good as this then we are in for a treat! I dont know why EA didnt include this exact same feature for FIFA 08? we could use it as a Manager Face for Manager Mode... or better still as a player for Be A Pro Mode.

Back
Top Bottom