Tips for playing PES6 online

wilco_86

Non-League
27 October 2006
I've just started playing online and was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips for enjoyable play.

...Like i said i have only played a handful of games, and as much as i enjoy the whole factor of playing pro at any time with anyone, ive found myself starting to get a bit annoyed with it, and well i really don't want that to be the case especially for me.

so here are the things that are getting to me. Hopefully there will be some of you out there that maybe have had or are having the same feelings as me.

First off, i spend alot of my spare time, well pretty much all of my time playing pro and as much as i know im not the greatest and by no way untouchable, i like to think of myself as a pretty good player and a challenging opponet to anyone i play, but as soon as i've started playing online i FEEL like im a totally different player, as if im one of those pepole who actually is playing the game for the first time.

i've played about 17 games online, i know it's not a lot, and i have only clocked up 2 wins. A handfull of the games have ended up being close but it always goes against me. Now i don't want to sound like im whining coz the game isn't going my, and i tell myself that the wins will come, but it just feels like with a bit of tactical tweeking the close games could go in my favour.

the magority of goals i seem to give are the 'cutting in from the wing the simply tapping to a waiting striker to slot home' yet when the chances for me to do this come i just get swamped by defenders, the ball doesn't go to my waiting striker or the keeper will grab it.

the formation i use is a 4-3-3 and when playing mates and comp this formation is good for me in every way, yet when online it all goes to pot, my midfield seems to be non existance and my defence always seems to be chasing strikers who are stampeeding towards my goal, yet everyone i've played seems to dominate in midfield and has a solid defence that stops any danger with simple ease.

i guess i just want to feel that i can play online the same way i do against the comp and my mates, that is with the confidence that my team is balenced at both ends and i feel i can create great chances from all over the field. where at the moment i feel that i cant create a thing and that im constantly ball chasing. now i can totally except beeing beaten by the better player and feel that i learn from every defeat yet it just seems that i can't get that 'CLICK' ... if you know what i mean...

Anyway sorry to go on, but if anyone can relate to this or can give me any tips, hints, advise, anything i would be most greatfull.

Cheers, :triangle: :circle: :x: :square:

Last edited:
Sadly, there are alot of cheats out there that play with patched teams with much higher attributes than a normal player can get. Patching is common, then you get the laggers, they deliberately cause the game to lag when you are starting to get your game together, there are loads of cut back merchants out there too, its really up to konami to come up with a solution the the online cheaters, its their game after all, hopefully pro evo 7 will be a better online experience.

guys,

how the hell do you remove the players cursor name from the game?

i dont see any menu's on the game when online to switch them off and they are a pain in the arse

Sadly, there are alot of cheats out there that play with patched teams with much higher attributes than a normal player can get. Patching is common, then you get the laggers, they deliberately cause the game to lag when you are starting to get your game together, there are loads of cut back merchants out there too, its really up to konami to come up with a solution the the online cheaters, its their game after all, hopefully pro evo 7 will be a better online experience.

i just played someone online who was valencia but for some reason had a super star line up. i could of sworn his players where all 99 stats

First of all, I can relate to you Wilco_86. The online expirience is by far not the same as the offline expirience!! Mostly due to people's connection speed. This game has to be played so precise that any "stutter","lag" or animation "hick-up" simply flaws the game. I think it's a shame so many people only play to get those extra points, and cheat to get it done.
Although you should not compare a "cut back to tap in goal" with cheating actions.

Wilco I would like to play you sometime... (search .we11.)

try going to evo-league they are all pretty fair players who don't do the cut back tap in cheat.

first of all its not a cheat. second of all, if they do it, do it back to them innit!

o and lasly if you cannot defend ciut backs then you suck at defending in general has i hardly concede goals like this.

[CoN]sole;1006254 said:
First of all, I can relate to you Wilco_86. The online expirience is by far not the same as the offline expirience!! Mostly due to people's connection speed. This game has to be played so precise that any "stutter","lag" or animation "hick-up" simply flaws the game. I think it's a shame so many people only play to get those extra points, and cheat to get it done.
Although you should not compare a "cut back to tap in goal" with cheating actions.

Wilco I would like to play you sometime... (search .we11.)

Most of the games i have played havn't had that much problem with "lag" sometimes its very slight but nothing i wouldn't expect. but i have had cases when i've gone 2-0 up say, and then it's lagged to fuck, can't get near to the ball and it's gone in my net which leaves me to think they've used it to cheat.

With the "cut back/tap in" i'm no way saying it's a cheat, yeh i've used it and think it's a very effective method of scoring on pro. i only mentioned it coz i've played games where that is the only way they attempt to score. no efforts from anywhere else. Hell i'd applaud anyone who scores a screamer in the game even if it's against me. and when they do use this method they seem to just storm through my defecne and no matter how i possition myself, i can't make the tackle or intercept/block. it seems like the change player button, even tho i have it set to manual takes that split-second longer to responce, than it would in an offline game, which i guess i have become use to and i guess expect.

...[CoN]sole, i'd definatly be up for a game anytime mate, i'm simply online as wilco86.
:triangle: :circle: :x: :square:

first of all its not a cheat. second of all, if they do it, do it back to them innit!

o and lasly if you cannot defend ciut backs then you suck at defending in general has i hardly concede goals like this.

Ok, cheat was possibly the wrong word to use but I never said that I couldn't defend?

Just trying to offer some advice and you get your panties in a bunch???

Back
Top Bottom