Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

I think I've finally finished it? Probably the longest I've ever played a game on my own. Although I've got shit loads of the green missions to go through but they last forever. Also I enjoyed the splinter cell add on it's a shame it won't let me do the terminator ones.

Noob question, (i have zero idea about the game.) How is this possible, since both edges of the metallic thing are not edgy-sharp?

Now, to be honest it is actually just a glitched IV stand. But there is a fun detail that is lacking on this image, where a woman is on her knees (see soles of boots), crying in front of a doctor, so this person is clearly dead.

This game has a lot of fun glitches. Not as many as Wildlands, though.

I have been playing this with my friend online and we seem to be close to finishing the story after what I feel is not terribly long. I say close to finishing but we really aren't because we are on a mission where we just get murdered instantly in seconds, so it is obviously way above our level. Time to play some green and orange mission stuff. We have mostly played the main yellow missions but they were quite manageable until the game decided it was time to cut us off.
Have to say, although this game has waaaaaaaaay to many systems for my liking, I quite enjoy it. Would not want to play it alone, though.

Finished this the other night with my friend. After we had leveled up quite a bit we went back into the final mission. Walker got stuck inside a wall and we spent 20 minutes trying to kill him anyway. Apart from that, bugs are not that common, apart from the odd glitch. Or maybe I feel that way because Wildlands was such a glitchfest.

I have to admit that this game is not bad, actually, the gameplay is quite good. Played it with a friend the whole way through and will likely grab some of the green missions with him as well. Surely that Terminator thing will unlock again at some later time as well. So, if you find it discounted and have a friend or three, recommended. The story is completely boring though, didn't care for that one bit. And whoever wrote the lines for the npc should be fired. If you were minding your own business at work and a guy with heavy weapons strapped to his back waltzed in, would you tell him he was "in your personal space"? Even guys you talked to 2 seconds ago about some important mission would instantly fall into saying these dumb lines when the conversation ended.

And how the hell do you not get a trophy for unlocking the entire skilltree!!!! :RANT::P

Last edited:
Juat got it with all the updates and patches that came out post launch.
Love the way you can customise everything. I maximised damage, turned off all the HUD clutter and turned the drones off.
Never really got the chance to play it properly yet, just tweaked all the settings, but one thing that hit me from the get go was how annoying the screen dimming is when being hidden.
Whenever I crouch in the bushes it all goes dark. Its shit. Im not trying to hide from myself - I want to see the surroundings.. any way to turn it off?

Love the way you can customise everything. I maximised damage, turned off all the HUD clutter and turned the drones off.
Never really got the chance to play it properly yet, just tweaked all the settings, but one thing that hit me from the get go was how annoying the screen dimming is when being hidden.
Whenever I crouch in the bushes it all goes dark. Its shit. Im not trying to hide from myself - I want to see the surroundings.. any way to turn it off?
I don't remember any screen dimming when hiding, maybe it's something new they added. I don't actually remember hiding being a special thing. It's been a long time since I played, though.
Speaking of drones, my favorite moment from this game was when me and my mate were retrieving data from a heavily guarded place, we had been wiped out a couple of times so I came up with an idea, he would watch the guards with a drone and tell me when it was OK for me to move. It was absolutely thrilling stuff, I had no way of knowing if anybody could see me, but he guided me well and I got in and out without being spotted.

I don't remember any screen dimming when hiding, maybe it's something new they added
No, its very much a feature of the game since the get go. Whenever you go into tall grass - the corners of the screen are dimming and you starting to have tunnel vision. At first I didnt even know what it meant. Thought im being spotted or something.
Since my post I went through entire internet and it seems like a lot of people were bothered by it, but it was never fixed. Flip side of community claims it adds immersion..
Maybe you never noticed, since playing with a friend you didnt have to dive into the bushes and stay there for longer.
I'll make sure to come back with proper impressions once I put few hours into it.
Looking forward to the Terminator event that I set ON in the menu also! 😎

I've had Wildlands on my harddrive for ever ,but haven't played it yet ,since playing Division 1+2 and now Far Cry 5 my Ubisoft binge will probably continue with Wildlands ,and just as you described turning off HUD and play it more PA0ish seems to get this game a different life.
Never bought breakpoint since the reviews were horrible ,but they've done a good job on it since right?
Have fun

They did the terminator event years ago unless they repeat them.
Its not repetition, they just left them in the menu to be activated when people fancy.

Never bought breakpoint since the reviews were horrible ,but they've done a good job on it since right?

Looks like it. I never played Wildlands and Breakpoint was getting slaughtered for not engaging story and boring missions. That said - I've been playing till 2AM last night and couldnt stop.
Still too early to give proper review, but so far Im loving it. The amount of gameplay customization is unreal. Ability to add all or some of your team mates (I just added one for some tactical approach and for revival drama).
And only at the end I learned that you can also craft stuff at the campfire.
Animations and graphics are great.
I've only done few missions, but the story so far, which was getting slaughtered, is interesting and pushes me further.

Its not repetition, they just left them in the menu to be activated when people fancy.

Looks like it. I never played Wildlands and Breakpoint was getting slaughtered for not engaging story and boring missions. That said - I've been playing till 2AM last night and couldnt stop.
Still too early to give proper review, but so far Im loving it. The amount of gameplay customization is unreal. Ability to add all or some of your team mates (I just added one for some tactical approach and for revival drama).
And only at the end I learned that you can also craft stuff at the campfire.
Animations and graphics are great.
I've only done few missions, but the story so far, which was getting slaughtered, is interesting and pushes me further.
Sounds good ,I'm going to give Wildlands a go if it's good might get Breakpoint

Just wanted to share this, coz this is one of the best game clips I have ever seen and a sample of what Breakpoint can be when you play around with settings

I loved it but I played it solo at the hardest difficulty and I kinda plateaued on what stuff I could do solo, there's a mission I got to where I had to capture a commander and he's in the base and I couldn't do it without killing everyone which made it hard to capture him!

I loved it but I played it solo at the hardest difficulty and I kinda plateaued on what stuff I could do solo, there's a mission I got to where I had to capture a commander and he's in the base and I couldn't do it without killing everyone which made it hard to capture him!
Yes I had few of these missions already.
But that's why I'm really loving it right now, coz I have to make big adjustments depending on a mission.

Like you - I'm playing on hardest difficulty and solo.
And some of the missions I just sneak in, without killing anyone. Some others I'm circling the perimeter of the base, changing my location all the time and picking enemies one by one until there is only few left inside and I can advance. And some others I'm finding narrow entry points, which I cover with traps, mines, C4, grenades and then I lure all enemies into them unleashing hell.
I'm finding playing solo actually more interesting and engaging as it forces me to think and plan.

Having said that - I do have few mates on the bench in case I needed reinforcements. Haven't used them yet, (apart from doing few missions in their story modes) but they are there.

If you're on console and decide to get back to it one day and you're stuck - give me a shout. I could jump in with you.

If you're on console and decide to get back to it one day and you're stuck - give me a shout. I could jump in with you.

PC but thanks anyway :)

Maybe I should go back to it again, did really enjoy it, as I did the first one which I played through with my wife :)

Maybe I should go back to it again, did really enjoy it, as I did the first one which I played through with my wife
Wow, lucky you!
Mine couldn't even get her head around Detroit Become Human controls, and you are just walking around there picking different dialogue options.. :LOL:

But yeah - all missions are doable, although some require a lot of messing around. Which I kinda enjoy.

Got this and Wildlands and neve really played either. Currently working my way through Wildlands and will move onto this after. Have bought a Legion Go and have probably gamed more in the last week than the previous year combined.

Got this and Wildlands and neve really played either. Currently working my way through Wildlands and will move onto this after. Have bought a Legion Go and have probably gamed more in the last week than the previous year combined.

If you have a buddy and/or loved one to play it through with then it's a hell of a great experience!

Back
Top Bottom