Tom Clancy's The Division

I seriously can't be the only one playing this???!!!! :(

Started playing 14 days ago so averaged a smidge under 5 hours per day, that's crazy to think I thought the game looked rubbish at times from videos! I've done all side missions and encounters on the left side but have quite a lot of side missions/encounters left to do on the right, haven't really bothered getting all the echoes/phonecalls/drones etc. etc. might do them but probably not.

me and my bro but we want to do all the missions together so its a pain in the ass to adjust our spare time :D

btw i love the AI its still really challenging for two players on hard level

I seriously can't be the only one playing this???!!!! :(

Started playing 14 days ago so averaged a smidge under 5 hours per day, that's crazy to think I thought the game looked rubbish at times from videos! I've done all side missions and encounters on the left side but have quite a lot of side missions/encounters left to do on the right, haven't really bothered getting all the echoes/phonecalls/drones etc. etc. might do them but probably not.

I bought this last week based on your positive reviews! Haven’t had a lot of time to play but have played enough to reach level 6, just done the main storyline and a few side missions and absolutely love it. Normally I suck at this type of game but seem to have taken to this really well. I love that I can play at my own pace and the few missions that I have done have been enjoyable and challenging without being impossible. I love the shooting mechanics and the sound effects in this game are the best that I have ever experience, love the sound it makes when walking on snow.

I doubt that I will ever venture into the dark zone as that seems intimidating and I know that I will just get slaughtered in there so am happy to stick to all of the other areas and slowly work through the main storyline.

Is there anything more annoying than spending hard earned money on a weapon or piece of kit and then the very next mission or DZ session you find something better for free! It's always worse if it's a piece of kit you rolled on three times to get a +1 gear mod slot which rises to something like 47k for the third roll!

I'm finding that a gun I bought as a level 6 or 7 is better than anything I've found since (though I'm only a level 11 now)... I keep getting a pop-up saying "your equipment is lower-level", non-stop, so I go to a shop, and absolutely nothing is anywhere near the same DPS with the same bonus effects!

But... I do love my trusty old M44 like a son, now...

I am also level 11. I do side missions/exploration myself, and do the main missions online with a colleague.

Great fun. Great loot. Really enjoy it.

Glad your all liking it!

Personally i love it. i play it properly but i have played in 12 man lobbies too and both are super fun!

Dark Zone is definitely less fun now they lessened the penalty for Rogue, what's particularly annoying is you're getting groups of high rank hanging out in the "easy" zone section, 4 high level targeting and killing 1 low level is just douche behaviour. Personally I wish that there was the option to disable PvP completely for those who'd like the option.

i completely understand about those 4 man groups! its a shame they hunt in the lower levels. Its lame, especially when i get one or two shoot at me then run away!!

so lame.

Other than that i love it. DZ for me is fun. I love hunting the bosses. with the rogues i kinda like the idea of risk and reward but they should also have penalties like they shouldnt be able to have that speed boost when THEY enter combat, also they should limit the damned roll.

Been doing some Scarecrow farming of late, think it's the only one left? Only reason I do it is for crafting materials, you never get anything truly mindblowing dropped :)

I feel like this is another one of those games that have potential to be great, but its going to be ruined by its player community.

The list of these types of games is long, from FIFA to GTA Online.

But anyway, the problem with The Division community to me is that a majority of players just wanna level up and farm as fast as they can.

To a point that Ubisoft needs to add some variety to the game, or this game will be dead soon, or maybe just full of pricks.

I might be exaggerating a bit, but my high level friends on the Dark Zone do the same routes, kill the same enemies, go to the same boxes, the same extraction zone and do it a bunch of times without even questioning.

If I go alone, I can do something different, but I will probably get killed by one of those squads that hangs near the extraction zone looking for solo guys like me.

Now the daily missions, which were supposed to keep the game alive,even playing with strangers, most of the community will play the same way, everybody with Vectors 45, knowing where every enemy spawn point is, they try to kill them all together with a grenade or some explosive, before they even spread out on the map, just so that they can do the mission as fast as possible.

I feel like the Hard missions are way to easy because of those pricks that already know what they have to do, and the Challenging is way too hard, sure its the mode I'm having most 'fun' now, but I will be tired of it soon, cause they are very Destiny-like on the damage the enemies take, its ridiculous having to kill 4-5 yellow guys in a row, they take way too much damage.

But I guess that's the way gaming is nowadays, and a 'MMO' would be filled with those crazy people that have every time in the world to feel like they are better than all us scrubs at something.

I'm purposefully taking my time so that by the time I reach level 30, either A) they'll look into how people are playing the game and ruining it for themselves, and/or B) I'll be bored of the game (which I'm definitely not at the minute)!

Looking at the changes in the latest update (and watching the video interviews they do), they clearly do listen. The trouble is, as you said, a lot of people choose to - and enjoy - playing games that way.

As far as I'm concerned there's two types of gamer - people who play the game as an experience, and people who play it as a game. I'm one of the former, so the last thing I'm interested in is wasting hours of my life farming. I literally can't think of a worse way to play a game. But there's a lot of people in the other bracket, who play so many games that they play them all the same way - they farm, plant bombs at all the spawn-points and only care about high scores and getting through the content as fast as possible.

Sadly, and somewhat impossibly, the devs have to try and cater to both, but due to the nature of those "hardcore" gamers / farmers, there will always be more of them, and more of them online at once, so it'll always be imbalanced in their favour, I reckon.

In the same way that PES & FIFA will be made for the YouTubing, Real-Madrid loving button-spammers from now on...

Last edited:
Yes its gotta be really hard to balance it all and please everybody.

And its not like I've been a fan of these genre like ever. Destiny was the first game I actually tried that it has this griding theme.

But it pisses me off that these gamers are the majority.

Battlefield was ruined because of the high level, better stuff thing, back in the day the first weapon was already the best, everything else was just to add variety.

Maybe I'm getting old and tired of gaming, but whenever I see a balanced game being a huge success I think there are still a lot of people like me.

ix4EXMt.jpg

Im having fun with it with my brother cleaning the streets of New York, completing the missions etc. It feels like a well done online Syphon Filter...dont ask me why!

Last edited:
The Dark Zone bugs killed this for me, I was incredibly hyped (and enjoyed it for a month or so) but it looks like there's things they can't fix, and the whole point of the game for me was to finish the "campaign" and then move onto the DZ.

Im still nowhere near to experience the bugs in the game.Im 39hours in and 43% completed of the story and only been in the dark zone for about 2 hours or so with 15 DZ rank. I like it so far altough the story is nowhere near to a Metal Gear or a Bethesda game at least.

How about the new 1.2 update Chris, that doesnt adress any of the issues the game has?

How about the new 1.2 update Chris, that doesnt adress any of the issues the game has?
Most notably, 1.2 fixes a talent-stacking exploit and a loot-stealing exploit, which is a start, yes!

But from what I've read, it doesn't fix the exploits that mean you come up against guys with DPS scores of hundreds of millions, nor does it stop the impact of lag-switches due to how the netcode works.

There's a few articles about how the game "can't be fixed", e.g. this blog post from a programmer who most recently worked on Titanfall.

Last edited:
Is it online only? Or are there offline missions like a Campaign mode or something?

It's an always online connected universe but there's a lot of SP content until you reach "end game" which is basically level 30. Took me maybe 40-50 hours to do all SP content. There's a campaign as such and a very strong story narrative I enjoyed a lot fleshed out by incidental things you come across such as phone recordings and "memories", it's a great post-apocalyptic dystopic New York to explore.

Back
Top Bottom