Tom Clancy's The Division

Yes its a decent game but the flaws start there that this is an MMMO wich means storywise it wont be an Uncharted or Metal Gear for instance, the strongpoint should be online wich have a lot of bugs/issues wich cheaters explore ...of what ive heard, i havent experienced yet anything.

I think doing the campaign in co-op is a lot of fun. I got the game as a present but...honestly i wouldnt had buy it on day one.
But its worth the current price.
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-the-division-pc-eng-cd-key-uplay

Last edited:
Having not played for quite some time I was pleasantly surprised to come back and find out how the search & destroy and High Value Targets works, did two and got some green stuff, although I know there's been a few new gear sets so I really have no clue which one to aim for right now! I guess whichever one suits solo the best as that's how I play, started the first Underground but died at the end in a silly way as I was rushing to finish before eating!

Just did every daily HVT solo which I was very happy about, bit disappointed there's no extra bonus for clearing the board but got plenty of good gear/weapons, have the full set of lonestar and a hotch potch of other new ones, unfortunately nothing I really wanted, will have to read up on what sets there are and where to get the parts from, at least now us solo players can get decent gear without having to set foot in the lamefest that is the dark zone.

Game is dreadful tbh, wasn't impressed when I heard the whole story thing or lack of and it played out as I thought.

It's actually the first game I've ever not bothered completing and actually just got rid of it.

The same mission over and over again basically with more bullets required to kill off enemies.

Had about 3 missions or so to go, but really couldn't be bothered with it.

FD

News on Survival finally!

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5blkfx/survival_pts_today/

Special Report 2016-11-07 12:00 CET
NO RELEASE DATE FOR THE SURVIVAL - THIS IS ONLY THE PTS (Public Test Server) for PC

PTS SERVERS ARE LIVE NOW(!)

PTS Clients (PC) are ready for update NOW! ==> 7GB download size + 1.7GB for people that updated earlier today or 7GB for people that didn't update their PTS client today.

No PTS Client on Steam currently - No ETA!

PC only - no PTS for Console

Every Owner of the PC game has access to the PTS - only Season Pass Owners have access to the survival content (Those that bought the Season Pass later than Thursday last week CAN NOT play the PTS. (sorry I (LarsTheDevil) have no other information about this. Maybe with an update next week those Season Pass owners can play the PTS)

Gamemode Survival:

2 game modes PvP Survival OR PvE Survival - Groups can meet on the map and help each other but not kill each other in PvE mode.

PvP mode gives you 20% more points for your final Survival score that gets tranfered into sealed caches

24 players on the LZ map

WHEN YOU DIE ==> GAME OVER! (you can be revived from the downed state)

hunger, cold mechanics

There are Landmarks on the big map - but the mini map is deactivated

you are sick and need to extract yourself

you start with a pistol only and with no / bad gear

clothings have a 'cold' rating that protect from the blizzard

crafting plays an important role

there are 'hideouts' - like apartments (those are not safe house)

there are crafting benches in the hideouts

you need to build a new mask / virus filter when you want to enter the DZ / contaminated zones

on the borders of the map the enemies are weaker and get stronger when you move closer to the center of the map.

No need to be L30 to play Survival - Just need access to the BoO

No link to World Tier - every player plays as the same difficulty level (you start with a simple green pistol) and work your way up.

They show some Survival play https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Info for 1.5 (which is part of the PTS)

New World Tier 5

New Maximum Gear Score 256

new named weapons

new weapon (M700 - bolt action MMR with 'Elevated' talent. Deal more damage when on a higher level than your target)

new named gear sets with special talents

...and other changes - Patchnotes will be published later today or tomorrow

wtf happened to this game? my pc havent changed at all since nov-dec and yet the game wont load objects and textures and no patch or lowering the graphic settings fixed this issue ever since! i read that other people had this issue too. wtf?!

Is this true? There's no single player mode? No Campaign mode?

You can play the whole "story" alone, but you'll always need to be online.

wtf happened to this game? my pc havent changed at all since nov-dec and yet the game wont load objects and textures and no patch or lowering the graphic settings fixed this issue ever since! i read that other people had this issue too. wtf?!

Yep, I have this problem, too. Sometimes the textures are loading too late/too slow. But it's mostly in the DZ.

I'm just getting into this game and I've come across a mission in Lexington Event Centre and, dear god it's rock hard!
I spent 4 hours on it, got to the bit in the man floor where the woman and 2 big guys are on a stage but it was like 2am and I had to go to my bed. Next day, to my horror, I was back at the beginning of the mission!!!! Turns out the game doesn't save from checkpoints.

I gathered the courage to try again from the beginning a few days later. Took me about 2 hours to get the roof section finished then stopped for my dinner (didn't turn it off. Learned from last time) So maybe half an hour later I went back to continue the game only to find the fucking thing had sent me back to the beginning of the mission AGAIN!!!

Whats the story with this game? I've got to plan ahead to play the game now so Ive got time to complete a mission. That's fucked up

This game took over my life for about 4 months last year. Me and my colleagues played every day it wasn't healthy.

Cant bring myself to get back into the grind.

i Think its because the dark zone is in play, thats the only thing i can come up with that and its a race?!

This game took over my life for about 4 months last year. Me and my colleagues played every day it wasn't healthy.

Cant bring myself to get back into the grind.

That doesnt sound good, but i think thats down to you as a person rather than anything else, i am the same. I get hooked by games and it becomes unhealthy but i am getting better!!

i Think its because the dark zone is in play, thats the only thing i can come up with that and its a race?!

Well at the end of the day you're racing against time due to the cold/virus so there's no reason they had to make it reliant on other human players even if playing SP IMO, lazy game design on their part, it's a shame because the first part of the game getting to level 30 solo doing all the story missions etc. is brilliant, thought the story was fantastic especially how it was fleshed out and given life in the memories/phone recordings you find, some of the writing there was great, standout two for me are the girl calling her Mum and coming out to her and her Mum calling her later to tell her she always knew and loved her, thought that was very sweet :)

yeah the writing was superb, some of the main character dialog i thought was poor, IE the Asian officer who gives you all the orders and the female doctor... i just thought they were too masculine and spoke as if they were sort of "hard"

Keener was a great villain and i liked that because he was first wave meant that he was the best, im also glad he got away to keep him going.

Yeah it is a bit lazy, perhaps DLC was lazy i think they could of learnt a lot from having it accessible to people who want to play offline but that's the common denominator now isn't it sadly.

Decided to do a complete restart on this as I haven't played it for well over a year and with my Ryzen upgrade wanted to see how it looked (Ultra and 60fps, thought I'd get 2k but 1080p is fine too), deleted my two existing characters and started again from scratch, so much new stuff in it like commendations etc I feel a little lost but it's great to start afresh. Tried my first ever Survival mode and managed to get stuck on geometry which was annoying! Like that you can play the mode right away and don't need to be level 30 etc. Think I'll read up some tips on the mode and play it a bit more, so far only rescued the doctor in story mode :)

Decided to do a complete restart on this as I haven't played it for well over a year and with my Ryzen upgrade wanted to see how it looked (Ultra and 60fps, thought I'd get 2k but 1080p is fine too), deleted my two existing characters and started again from scratch, so much new stuff in it like commendations etc I feel a little lost but it's great to start afresh. Tried my first ever Survival mode and managed to get stuck on geometry which was annoying! Like that you can play the mode right away and don't need to be level 30 etc. Think I'll read up some tips on the mode and play it a bit more, so far only rescued the doctor in story mode :)
havent played this game yet cos i got turned off when i heard it takes a 100 head shots to kill some one, has that been toned down to a more realistic level?

I'd say it's nowhere near 100 shots most enemies can be downed with a couple of headshots, it's generally the more boss like ones that need their armour and stuff draining down but for them it makes sense to soften them up with nades and the like.

It costs somewhere around £8 for the game now on Uplay and I can't imagine a better way of spending £8 TBH. It's a brilliant, beautiful game with a much better story than a lot of people give it credit for. I was extremely dubious at first before it came out due to the "bullet sponge"/"MP not SP" nature but I played it 95% solo and am up to 435 hours now. Hoping to persuade the wife to give it a try so I can play it through from the start with her :)

Interesting. I'm a fan of the Tom Clancy games, particularly Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. Thought about picking this up on several occasions but was always turned off for some reason. Maybe that I thought it was essentially a multiplayer game...

You can play the vast majority of it singleplayer, the first I dunno 30 hours or so (unless you speed run) to get to level 30 is pretty much all set up specifically to be done solo, you can absolutely do it with friends if you like but it's fairly comfortable to do it all solo.

Unfortunately the Dark Zone has no PvE mode so you can get tossers in there who group up and take out the solos, but I've also had plenty of really enjoyable sessions where people invite me into their groups or just fight side by side with me in the zone and don't kill me. Even if you exclude the Dark Zone there's so much content you can enjoy on your own, I think Encursions are the only game mode you can't play solo but they're kinda lame and grindy where you fight against waves of enemies so even though I've done them with groups of randoms they're a bit boring.

Obviously it's not one headshot one kill which removes the Tom Clancy "realism" from the game but once you get past that (helped by turning off a few of the visual indicators that aren't needed like hit point damage and stuff) it's really an incredible game. The setting of post apocalyptic New York in winter is just stunning IMO.

Since I last played the game 12-18 months ago there's loads of new content it's quite phenomenal, I stopped just as Survivor mode was added so never actually tried it but that looks quite cool (no pun intended!) :)

Obviously it's not one headshot one kill which removes the Tom Clancy "realism" from the game but once you get past that (helped by turning off a few of the visual indicators that aren't needed like hit point damage and stuff) it's really an incredible game. The setting of post apocalyptic New York in winter is just stunning IMO.
It's a beautiful game, and I played it for a couple of months with a friend thinking it was great (a shooter but with the level-up-type reward system of an RPG, brilliant concept) - and the amount of content etc. they've added is great...

...but man, I ended up really hating it long before we finished it. I think it's a marmite game - the most repetitive game I've played this gen. Shooting gangs of people hundreds of times just to get rid of the first layer of armour before they'll actually think about dying... The frustration of it... Then having to do it again when you move to the next street... And that's just when you're trying to get to an actual mission.

One of my personal rules of gaming is that if I find myself dreading something (out of tedium), e.g. "please let me just get to the mission marker, please don't start a fight with me on the way", then I know it's time to stop playing. It reminds me of playing the Pokémon games when I was a teen - there were areas where you had to move through "tall grass" to get to something, which would spawn battles at random, at which point I'd shout "oh fuck off, I just want to get to that house, I've literally just done this".

If it just had a little more realism I'd be all over it - and not even from a "because I love realism" standpoint, just because it'd be way more fun if every battle wasn't the same 20 minutes of shooting the same person spouting the same dialogue ("THEY SHOT ALEX") over, and over, and over... If it was over in half the time it'd be bearable...

Pre-ordered The Division 2 Ultimate edition from Uplay Turkey (in app) for 308tl which is 50 EUR, normal European price for the Ultimate edition is 120 EUR for a bloody digital edition!

It's a beautiful game, and I played it for a couple of months with a friend thinking it was great (a shooter but with the level-up-type reward system of an RPG, brilliant concept) - and the amount of content etc. they've added is great...

...but man, I ended up really hating it long before we finished it. I think it's a marmite game - the most repetitive game I've played this gen. Shooting gangs of people hundreds of times just to get rid of the first layer of armour before they'll actually think about dying... The frustration of it... Then having to do it again when you move to the next street... And that's just when you're trying to get to an actual mission.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you played it? In the 10 months or so since I stopped playing and restarted the TTK (time to kill) has been reduced massively, some of the weapons you can get now absolutely melt elite enemies, I can do daily challenging missions solo! So much new content and so much fun, especially enjoy Survival.

Back
Top Bottom