Tom Clancy's The Division

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you played it? In the 10 months or so since I stopped playing and restarted the TTK (time to kill) has been reduced massively, some of the weapons you can get now absolutely melt elite enemies, I can do daily challenging missions solo! So much new content and so much fun, especially enjoy Survival.
Last time I played was summer last year I think, which is two-and-a-half years after release! I'm assuming those changes would have been in place then!

I really love the concept and I totally understand why it is how it is - I just really don't find it fun, shooting something for so long. It doesn't have to be super-realistic when it's an RPG but from a fun standpoint, it's just a bit boring for me!

But I don't really have any answers to it - if they were dead in a couple of shots, there'd be no difference between one "boss" and the next.

Maybe I should record a video of me doing a challenging daily mission solo and you can see if it's any more fun than it used to be? :)
Once we finish Divinity: Original Sin II, then Mutant Year Zero, then Borderlands (1, 2, Pre-Sequel), then Elder Scrolls Online / Destiny / Anthem (depending on the demo) ... then we'll go back to it I'm sure! ;)

We keep saying we'll go back and finish it, just to scratch it off our list - but I can't stop buying (reduced-price) games...

Bought this game when it first came out got turned off cos of the bullet sponging, but bought the game yesterday for 5 bux and as placebo said and have to agree it’s a totally different game

Bought this around Xmas,and pretty much the only game I play atm,really liking it.
On level 21 ,once I hit 30 I'd probably switch to Div 2

Ah really? Why?
Is it?
In what ways ?
I'm looking fw to playing it once I'm done on D1,hate to leave the snowy NY though

Primarily I'd say in modes, The Underground and Survival of Division 1 (assuming you like those modes!) are really different to the main modes of the game and they're what kept me going back for 100s more hours despite primarily playing solo, don't get me wrong Division 2 is a decent game and I've put a lot of time into it (although for some reason Uplay is showing 0 hours!) but Division 1 I'm up to 667 hours!

But secondary to modes I'd say atmosphere and visuals, nothing beats New York in winter and especially at night for atmosphere! Washington is really dull and daytime the graphics are really washed out IMO.

Primarily I'd say in modes, The Underground and Survival of Division 1 (assuming you like those modes!) are really different to the main modes of the game and they're what kept me going back for 100s more hours despite primarily playing solo, don't get me wrong Division 2 is a decent game and I've put a lot of time into it (although for some reason Uplay is showing 0 hours!) but Division 1 I'm up to 667 hours!

But secondary to modes I'd say atmosphere and visuals, nothing beats New York in winter and especially at night for atmosphere! Washington is really dull and daytime the graphics are really washed out IMO.
I was worried about the scenery and atmosphere,really love the snowy and hazy NY,my initial thought when comparing games too.
Haven't really got in to DZ on D1 yet,done level 1-17 solo,then teamed up to my current 21 level.
Hopefully we'll see the same love for D2 as for D1 from Ubisoft.
From what I know,D1 on release and now are two different games right?

I played this game so much lately I've even screwed up my arm by playing it on a Special controller (higher thumb sticks) really messed my arm up,tennis elbow?
Or I'm getting old.
Cheers Placebo

Yes Division 1 at release was very different, I liked it but then grew bored and took about 10 months off, came back and The Underground and Survival modes had been added (as well as various other things) and it was amazing! I'm hoping that the same will happen with Division 2 (probably last played it about 6 months ago).

Yes Division 1 at release was very different, I liked it but then grew bored and took about 10 months off, came back and The Underground and Survival modes had been added (as well as various other things) and it was amazing! I'm hoping that the same will happen with Division 2 (probably last played it about 6 months ago).
Just bought it for 90 SEK digitally,bought a bunc of games between Xmas and now, backlog getting insane.

Just bought it for 8.5 EUR digitally,bought a bunc of games between Xmas and now, backlog getting insane.

Don't be in a rush to get to level 30 to unlock the other stuff, the story is IMO really enjoyable and it's worth exploring to collect all the voice mails and memories which add a lot to the story/world around you :)

Don't be in a rush to get to level 30 to unlock the other stuff, the story is IMO really enjoyable and it's worth exploring to collect all the voice mails and memories which add a lot to the story/world around you :)
Taking it quite easy,no rush.
Should have known a few things before starting though,like finishing district by district gives you better blueprints etc,instead of being all over the place.

True but it's fun to mix things up a bit.

Not sure how much you read about the Division series, but one thing that gets lazily thrown around is that there's no story to them, definitely not true about Division 1 there's a really deep story IMO that plays out overtime (and bits and pieces are filled in with the voice mails and memories), sadly same can't be said about Division 2, severe lack of story is yet another problem with that game versus the first.

I completed with two others in co-op but only the main story. It was fun that way. I have all the dlcs but havent really touched them to be honest, sadly those were the cases to play them by myself then i wasnt really up for it that way. Also i played a few hours online too just to get better weapons and such of course. Completely 114 hours together but i havent played it for more than 1 years as well, my last achivement is from 2018 August.

But someone wanted to buy it now i would recommend it. Its fun even alone especially with friends! Compared to Wildlands which its on my computer with 2 hours of playtime because we couldnt get back together to play it due to life and alone you have to carry your cpu team which is just off putting to me. Despite Wildlands appeal to me much more not being an rpg just a simple shooter.

I completed with two others in co-op but only the main story. It was fun that way. I have all the dlcs but havent really touched them to be honest, sadly those were the cases to play them by myself then i wasnt really up for it that way. Also i played a few hours online too just to get better weapons and such of course. Completely 114 hours together but i havent played it for more than 1 years as well, my last achivement is from 2018 August.

But someone wanted to buy it now i would recommend it. Its fun even alone especially with friends! Compared to Wildlands which its on my computer with 2 hours of playtime because we couldnt get back together to play it due to life and alone you have to carry your cpu team which is just off putting to me. Despite Wildlands appeal to me much more not being an rpg just a simple shooter.
Bought Wildlands/D1/D2 and Destiny 1/2 around Xmas ,crazy sales then,but haven't touched Wildlands yet.
How's the single player on that one?

Wildlands I played through with my wife a couple of times and it was great fun, wouldn't want to play it SP primarily because you have to take the AI with you but I thought an update removed that?

Breakpoint from the off you're alone solo AFAIK, will probably play it through with my wife at some point but reception has been really mixed for it.

Wildlands I played through with my wife a couple of times and it was great fun, wouldn't want to play it SP primarily because you have to take the AI with you but I thought an update removed that?

Breakpoint from the off you're alone solo AFAIK, will probably play it through with my wife at some point but reception has been really mixed for it.
Pretty mixed bag for breakpoint right?
Missing the old GR games,remember playing those back in 01/02ish.

Bought Wildlands/D1/D2 and Destiny 1/2 around Xmas ,crazy sales then,but haven't touched Wildlands yet.
How's the single player on that one?

Just played 2-3 hours with friends. It looked a okay for me because its not an mmo rpg like Division. Which means you dont have to head shot constantly the target for 30 mins stragith to go down because your weapon is on a lower level than the target is. You still can get gadgets and gears which can be more effective in certain situations but thats all there is.

Just played 2-3 hours with friends. It looked a okay for me because its not an mmo rpg like Division. Which means you dont have to head shot constantly the target for 30 mins stragith to go down because your weapon is on a lower level than the target is. You still can get gadgets and gears which can be more effective in certain situations but thats all there is.
Ha ha i know what you mean,before I got proper guns I needed to shoot 30 shots per enemy

I've had two-three nights of excellent gaming with this game.
Teamed up with a few guys to do some tough missions,no shortage of players, Xbox got this on game pass so it's pretty lively!
Fun game this!

Yes,quite astounding,the game is getting old (by game standards) and you'd expect people to move on.

If online works, mechanics works, i dont mind the graphics since PS3. From that generation i cant really see the games ageing yet. Of course there are ugly games. But you know what i mean. I would happily playe Last of Us 2 on the PS3 if it would come out.

If online works, mechanics works, i dont mind the graphics since PS3. From that generation i cant really see the games ageing yet. Of course there are ugly games. But you know what i mean. I would happily playe Last of Us 2 on the PS3 if it would come out.
Some games looks so last gen,I'm having issues playing them.
Played the first State of decay a while back,felt like it was made for PS1,even though it's not more than 5-6 years old
But then again,a good game is a good game ,doesn't matter how old it is,but some looks better than other and holds up better.
One thing that struck me when starting up my PS3 last week is how old and bad that one feels

Afeter going back to Div2 while waiting for 2.0 update... Im kinda thinking about booting this up again to level up a new character in NY. Thing is , Id like to get to endgame with some missions with people...... anyone know how the userbase is in Ps4 now?
I miss those equipment sets compared to the new game....

Afeter going back to Div2 while waiting for 2.0 update... Im kinda thinking about booting this up again to level up a new character in NY. Thing is , Id like to get to endgame with some missions with people...... anyone know how the userbase is in Ps4 now?
I miss those equipment sets compared to the new game....
Not on PS,but on Xbox,quite a large nr of players online When playing it,was even more when they had it on game pass,but still decent.
Haven't played Div 1 in a few weeks though,got caught up with Div2,much better than I felt when starting it (not liking the weather though).
Think you'll find a decent nr of players to play against/with

Not on PS,but on Xbox,quite a large nr of players online When playing it,was even more when they had it on game pass,but still decent.
Haven't played Div 1 in a few weeks though,got caught up with Div2,much better than I felt when starting it (not liking the weather though).
Think you'll find a decent nr of players to play against/with

Thanks I guess Ill just hold on and wait for Div2 update, or maybe just solo till level 30 in div1.
agree with the weather... and the classified sets for me... felt more special in div1

Thanks I guess Ill just hold on and wait for Div2 update, or maybe just solo till level 30 in div1.
agree with the weather... and the classified sets for me... felt more special in div1
Its a different way to upgrade and craft stuff in div 2,didn't like it at first,use to it now.
Think Div2 is a tougher game,but I loved Div 1.
Fun thing about reaching level 30 in Div 1,was that all your guns becomes really good,like triple the DMG.
I played solo til L23,then a lot of co op from there on.
Both great games,really like em both

Back
Top Bottom