Tomb Raider

Cheers finally purchased.

Cost £13.91, not a bad price to pay for the new Tomb Raider.

Used my other Steam account as don't want my main one banned.

I have bought both new Tomb Raider games and got into neither. They were both pretty good deals but I still feel silly. Not sure why I have had a hard time getting into them, they seem like good games.

Pre-load is up on Steam and strangely I was able to pre-load without a VPN, I swear when I've bought past games restricted to a certain region I needed the VPN for pre-load? Anyone know if it unlocks early in any particular region?

Pre-load is up on Steam and strangely I was able to pre-load without a VPN, I swear when I've bought past games restricted to a certain region I needed the VPN for pre-load? Anyone know if it unlocks early in any particular region?

I find this with certain games, I bought Arma 3 Russian code when I have my server and required to download and update with VPN.

But have a couple of other games which were bought from other regions which don't require VPN.

I have not signed into my other account though for about a year, so have not tried to install the Russian Arma.

I found that very consistently region locks were removed after six months, I bought PES 2018 and No Man's Sky via India and at first needed VPN to launch but not any more.

BTW Steam related, what's the best way to buy Steam gift card's? My nephew's 30th this weekend and want to put £30 on his Steam account...

Surprised there's no region locks on it, since it unlocked I just use it on my main profile under friend's games from the Argentinian account. Anyways. Started last night and immediately not feeling it but I think that's because it's a tutorial/intro section, I'm assuming at some point I'll get dumped in the middle of nowhere with no skills, no weapons, no stats and have to build up from scratch in a more open world, which to me is the more attractive part of previous tomb raiders.

its good....but its what I call a copy & paste experience.

seen it all before....its too similiar to previous Tomb Raider.

I like it but its a 7/10 kind of game....fun to chill with when you're bored

Surprised there's no region locks on it, since it unlocked I just use it on my main profile under friend's games from the Argentinian account. Anyways. Started last night and immediately not feeling it but I think that's because it's a tutorial/intro section, I'm assuming at some point I'll get dumped in the middle of nowhere with no skills, no weapons, no stats and have to build up from scratch in a more open world, which to me is the more attractive part of previous tomb raiders.

You are correct.

Ok great thanks Jay, played some more of the intro last night, guess I was in a better mood as I enjoyed it more, graphically and performance wise it's stunning, I have it on Ultra @ 1080p and it's a smooth 60fps which is shocking as my CPU and GPU are a long way from top end (AMD FX8350 and RX580).

I didn't get round to completing it.

I found it boring compared to the previous entries due to lack of action.
The puzzles weren't great and it just seemed that I was just jumping from point to point most of the time.

However I will mention it is the best game graphically this year and looks absolutely stunning in 4K.

Still on Rise,but I've enjoyed it (and the previous one)
And it's a good break from Pes/FIFA as well.
Looking fw to Shadow (have it) but need to finish Rise first.
I can only imagine how good Shadow looks,think Rise looks superb on the Xbox enhanced 4k/HDR.

This game is exactly why I hate buying digital versions of games, especially in this age when we rarely get demos anymore (and I wouldn't have bought it digital except my PS4 won't play discs anymore :CENSOR:). Cause if I'd bought a hardcopy, it would've been traded in already.

All I'll say is that I feel like I'm playing an interactive B-quality movie. It's quite dull, with little action, and nothing is done especially well (and it tries to do more than the previous titles, which only lessens the game). I really enjoyed the first in the reboot trilogy, but it went downhill from there. The second was still decent but this... this I just can't feel bothered to play.

This game is exactly why I hate buying digital versions of games, especially in this age when we rarely get demos anymore (and I wouldn't have bought it digital except my PS4 won't play discs anymore :CENSOR:). Cause if I'd bought a hardcopy, it would've been traded in already.

All I'll say is that I feel like I'm playing an interactive B-quality movie. It's quite dull, with little action, and nothing is done especially well (and it tries to do more than the previous titles, which only lessens the game). I really enjoyed the first in the reboot trilogy, but it went downhill from there. The second was still decent but this... this I just can't feel bothered to play.

Exactly how I felt about the game, but lucky I only paid about £13 for the game.

I got about 8-10 hours in and just thought there is no action or very little, the story is also incredibly boring.

I will try and force myself to finish and complete the game at some point, but this game is such a step down in quality compared to the first two, the remake was probably the best game that came out that year, the 2nd one was more of the same and was still very good.

The only thing I will say about the new Tomb Raider, it is probably the best looking game I have seen, playing in 4K the visuals are absolutely stunning.
It really does like doing the camera pan outs and the terrain and scenario is incredibly, and IMO pips Read Dead as the best looking game this year.

Back
Top Bottom