Top Gear

Good, I prefer the in-jokes more anyway. For example them always bumping in to each other when parking, practical jokes on the road and stuff like that. It's probably all scripted anyway but atleast it isn't that obvious.

It was very funny, just got a bit stupid at the end when he kept crashing the Robin.

The initial crash when he first drove off was hilarious, it got a bit predictable after that.

The last few series of Top Gear have been pants really. The jokes are far too predictable and scripted and they keep reviewing the same cars/variations of the same cars.

I only enjoy the specials these days, in particular the polar exploration and Thailand specials.

I mainly enjoy the specials, and when they all do stuff together, like the caravan stuff. I don't care that it's predictable, it still makes me laugh :)).

Not caught any of the latest series,the only thing i like about it nowdays are the land,sea,air races that they sometimes have.Have there been any this series?

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz are gonna be on it either this week or next.

I wish Clarkson could be allowed to be himself but I can imagine him pandering to them in unbearable style. I also imagine the segment taking up far too much time and this episode being the worst of the lot.

I thought the motor home stuff was brilliant.

But yeah, they've more or less run out of things to say when testing cars. They should let the Stig do his business.

The arctic, Bolivia(I think) and Thailand episodes were some of hte best TV moments I've ever seen. Truly epic.

Top Gear tonight was awesome. Less of the stupid jokes and more of the action the show is renowned for. The stars were great (Tom Cruise nearly flipping the car :LOL:) and an appearance from Hamilton. Great tribute to Senna aswell, what a legend.

This is how Top Gear should be.

That might just have been the best episode they've ever done.

A proper petrolheads episode (and also a filmographers/cameramans, seriously it's the most beautifully shot series ever made nowadays).

I've finally come round to liking Hamilton, his enthusiasm for stuff like that is on a true car-lovers level, and the whole Senna bit was trully magnificent. I cannot wait for the film to come out now.

What this episode showed was just how trully big Top Gear has become as well:

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz for starters (hats off to both of them for not being unbearable and actually being able to drive).

Then you add all of the F1 drivers, you add Hamilton (probably the biggest star around in F1 circles) driving a car that is usually tucked away in McLaren's headquarters and probably not allowed to be touched by the employees that work there being it's so valuable and mythic.

Finally you add in the Veyron Supersport, a car that was only revealed a few weeks back, and you have Top Gear on hand for the speed records which are usually done behind closed doors, and they managed to get it round the track without any trouble whatsoever, something they couldn't do with the original Veyron 'cause Bugatti wouldn't let them.

Last edited:
You all beat me to it :LOL:

I watched it last night and was going to put how good this episode was

That Veyron is fucking crazy, the stars in the cars were brilliant and the Senna part made me realise how good of a driver he really was because im not into F1, some of the clips they showed speeding round corners were unreal

Great episode. Ayrton Senna was the greatest driver in history. I remember his input in the creation of the Honda NSX.

I agree with you lot, that was one of, if not THE greatest Top Gear episode ever.

Senna jumping out the car to check on another driver... wow.

The F1 cars these days don't even compare, it looked like he was about to lose control anytime.

Tom Cruise on 2 wheels was a bit mental and the interview wasn't entirely cringe worthy.

A bit convenient they were 1st and 2nd on the board, but I'll let it slide.

Back
Top Bottom