• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Top PS2 Driving Games?

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
I feel like getting behind the wheel again, and although i'm quite happy with my Colin McRae 04, (for me, it plays well) i was wondering if there were any other decent driving sims/games out there that you might recommend.
Graphics aren't that important, more the gameplay and feel of the car. Forget GT4 because as realistic as it makes it out to be, it just isn't (talking about crash damage etc) NFSU gets a bit too samey and arcadey after a while. Is Juiced very similar to NFS, also is Midnight Club DE the same old? Although i hear it's better.
Also, i never got round to buying/playing Colin 5. Is it worth getting if you have 4? Gameplay any better? Cars? Physics? I don't mind the rallying thing you see. Cheers for your opinions.

PN

LemonJelly

Bungie's Bitch
Staff
28 August 2002
UK
Don't know about Colin Mcrae but Burnout3:Takedown is an excellent game. Yes it is arcady but it is a lot of fun.

P-dogg

Waiting for the postman..
9 August 2004
I REALLY enjoyed MC3 DE but some people didnt.

If you liked NFSU, MC3 kills it in all respects except occassionally the framerate drops but its nothing major..

Last edited:

Scorpio

Proud member since 2002
2 November 2002
Belgium
Sporting Lokeren
Yep Burnout 3 is top fun! Don't like arcadey racers myself but this game is on another level of entertainment.

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Burnout 3 for thrills and most definitely spills. Going fast in that actually feels fast. I agree with the above.

ibu2003

Competition Killer
2 August 2003
London
Newcastle United
In no order:

Burnout 3: Takedown (soon to be Revenge, in this yrs sequel)
Gran Turismo 4
Colin Mcrae 2005
Toca
Richard Burns Rally (very realistic, very very hard and unforgiving)

Ike

permaninizated
18 March 2003
Agree with ibu2003, if you're getting bored with Colin and want to move towards a more realistic rally sim, Richard Burns Rally is your game. It pretty much depends on how much time you have for it, if you only play a few hours a month, Burnout 3 is good fun too imo.

peat

League 2
7 August 2004
I would go with any of the World Rally championship series.
Every time they p1ssed on Colin Mcrae IMO.

Top Bottom