Total Football

Sheep Shag Army

Non-League
30 October 2002
Staffs
Derby & Ajax
I'm doing a project on total football and its orgins, if anyone could give me any views as to what they believe total football to be. Or any budding sociologists/dutch people could give me any info on what it means to the Netherlands i would be grateful.

Do you feel the dutch football still play this way?

One man. Rinus Michels.

"It is an art in itself to compose a starting team, finding the balance between creative players and those with destructive powers, and between defence, construction and attack – never forgetting the quality of the opposition and the specific pressures of each match"

The way the dutch team played in the 1974 world cup was a joy to watch. There was no set position, interchangable positions, and constant pressing of the ball.

Nope, one man: Johan Cruijff...it's a well known secret that Cruijff was also the brain off the field and not Michels who was jealous of Cruijff and hated him...because Cruijff is a very loyal guy he never publicly contradicted Michels.
If you want to know the origins of total football, read the book "Brilliant orange" by David Winner...he sees parallells with Dutch architecture and art...great book, one of the best football books.

Yeah thats the book that my project basically is, its hard trying to find anything else on the subject bar this

Nope, one man: Johan Cruijff...it's a well known secret that Cruijff was also the brain off the field and not Michels who was jealous of Cruijff and hated him...because Cruijff is a very loyal guy he never publicly contradicted Michels.
If you want to know the origins of total football, read the book "Brilliant orange" by David Winner...he sees parallells with Dutch architecture and art...great book, one of the best football books.

yeah great book stan, i liked it alot. Are there any beligum books written in english about belgium football?

There aren't any decent Belgian football books my friend, translated or not...

Back
Top Bottom