toughest version of WE?

Redjuh

Conference
15 August 2004
Hey,

Recently I played WE7. I noticed this version must be the toughest of all of them. I say WE8LE is a peace of cake whilst WE7 is really hard or is just me? I like the matches they're really exciting, with WE8 I always win but WE7 is more a challenge. What do you guys think? It's way more fun now :)

Last edited:
Re: thoughest version of WE?

toughest? you mean hardest to beat CPU? I think the main value of WE is playing with human. Some of my friends even nearly never play with CPU, when i wanna play WE, i must call up some friends too :)

WE8LE is best now. Except the passing system and goalies, i prefer passing style in original WE8

I know in we7I on the hardest mode it was possible to run from kick off right through to goal and score consistantly havent done it since in later games.

ok since pes5 came out, WE has become far easier every year. Maybe because the game was getting too hard for some people? I mean..back in the days...WE7 was WAY tougher. And yes, you should play a game of We7 again.

But really, PES is becoming easier every year IMO.

WE8LE? Man, I scored loads from the new shooting system!

edit: ok I popped in again my WE7 disc and what do I see? the AI is way and I mean WAY smarter than in PES4/5. for those who have it, check it out. Really, WE was better back then. I'm gonna check out WE6 later on.
You guys should try it too.
the cpu is 10x more agressive. On pes5 bra-eng I beat Eng easily 3-0. Now I already conceded 1 in we7. Also it plays 10x times faster and smoother.

Last edited:

embraceuk1 said:
I know in we7I on the hardest mode it was possible to run from kick off right through to goal and score consistantly havent done it since in later games.

Err..that is by far not possible. I think you are either lying because you never played WE7i or WE6 even? and just started with the PES series? Or you might have aswell played FIFA until you bought PES4 or something. You should actually try it yourself, rather than saying some bullshit about a game you haven't played it yourself?
Honestly, I don't think you ever played Winning Eleven 3 or 4 on your PSX have you?

[SIZE=-10]PS. Here a list of the versions released by KONAMI

• Versions:

PlayStation, PSone:
    Winning Eleven J-League
    Winning Eleven J-League 97 (or Goal Storm 97)
    Winning Eleven 3 (or ISS 98)
    Winning Eleven 3 Final
    Winning Eleven 4
    Winning Eleven 2000 U-23
    Winning Eleven 2002

PlayStation 2:

Zico, the coach of Japanese National Team in the Winning Eleven 8 for PS2 gamebox.Winning Eleven 5
    Winning Eleven 5 J-League
    Winning Eleven 5 Final Evolution
    Winning Eleven 6
    Winning Eleven 6 J-League
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution
    Winning Eleven 6 International
    Winning Eleven 7
    Winning Eleven 7 International
    Winning Eleven 8
    Winning Eleven 8 J-League
    Winning Eleven 8 K-League
    Winning Eleven 8 International
    Winning Eleven 8 Tactics European Club
    Winning Eleven 8 Tactics J-League
    Winning Eleven 8 LiveWare Evolution
    Winning Eleven 9

GameCube:
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution

Xbox:
    Winning Eleven 9 International

Xbox 360:
    Winning Eleven (working title)

PlayStation 3:
    Winning Eleven (working title)

PC:
    Winning Eleven 7 International
    Winning Eleven 9 International

Arcade:
    Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style
    Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style 2003

Game Boy Advance:
    Winning Eleven J-League 2002
    Winning Eleven Advance

Nintendo DS:
    Winning Eleven DS (working title)

PSP:
    Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Evolution
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Redjuh said:
Err..that is by far not possible. I think you are either lying because you never played WE7i or WE6 even? and just started with the PES series? Or you might have aswell played FIFA until you bought PES4 or something. You should actually try it yourself, rather than saying some bullshit about a game you haven't played it yourself?
Honestly, I don't think you ever played Winning Eleven 3 or 4 on your PSX have you?
Just cuz you cant do it, it doesnt mean its not possible. I've done it myself many times including in PES5 but not WE9. The pace of that game for some reason made it harder.

RuneEdge said:
Just cuz you cant do it, it doesnt mean its not possible. I've done it myself many times including in PES5 but not WE9. The pace of that game for some reason made it harder.

What you mean, we are talking about WE7 m8. Meanwhile I'm playing WE6 now, I just realise that KONAMI made the game easier just in the next years. I think because their game became popular and since most people were playing FIFA they didn't want it make it too hard. so that's the reason I think. Because we6 is really hard ! AI = very good!

No sorry i did do it at least once every two games and yes not every time i would score but it was far to common to say the game is the hardest for me anyway.
I also joined this forum in DEC 2001 and have been playing the various games well before a lot of ppl had even heard of them.
Its you that probably had never played the game before ps2 sorry

@embraceuk: Have you ever played WE3 on your PSX? I guess not. O wait, you was playing FIFA at that time ;)

lol, that's weird. I played WE3 yesterday on my PSX, but the gameplay compared to WE6 is bad.
WE6 is for me the toughest, WE9 the easiest, because whenever I play BRA-ENG on WE6,WE7,WE8,WE8LE,WE9, I win easy in WE8, WE8LE(luv the shooting), WE9.

I feel that WE6 and WE6 international are harder (human vs cpu) in a realistic way: hard to make passes and crosses, hard build up play (midfield battles), hard score or create a scoring chance.

Nowadays versions hardness ( human vs cpu) translates into little cheats: defenders making imposible tackles, super goalies, human controlled players affected by stupid ai so that cpu can have any given advantage. Today´s versions of We are farther more enjoyable human vs human (even if you play ml), these two past versions are much harder and more enjoyable in human vs cpu.

personally i would have to say we9, just because it was really hard when i first played it.
But like all games change your style abit and you can beat the comp everytime about 5-0 on 6 stars it is all about just tweaking your tactics and style of play and the computer becomes obsolute and easy to beat.

loco said:
I feel that WE6 and WE6 international are harder (human vs cpu) in a realistic way: hard to make passes and crosses, hard build up play (midfield battles), hard score or create a scoring chance.

Nowadays versions hardness ( human vs cpu) translates into little cheats: defenders making imposible tackles, super goalies, human controlled players affected by stupid ai so that cpu can have any given advantage. Today´s versions of We are farther more enjoyable human vs human (even if you play ml), these two past versions are much harder and more enjoyable in human vs cpu.

I couldn't have said it better myself m8 :)

Redjuh said:
@embraceuk: Have you ever played WE3 on your PSX? I guess not. O wait, you was playing FIFA at that time ;)

lol, that's weird. I played WE3 yesterday on my PSX, but the gameplay compared to WE6 is bad.
WE6 is for me the toughest, WE9 the easiest, because whenever I play BRA-ENG on WE6,WE7,WE8,WE8LE,WE9, I win easy in WE8, WE8LE(luv the shooting), WE9.

Like i said before i joined this forum Dec 2001 you Joined Aug 2004 i think that says enough now just either chat about the games seriously or chat somewhere else.
You keep going on about PSX. I and a lot of others on here played ISS superstar soccer on the Sega or Nintendo which i dont see on your copied and pasted list.
I dont care just means i am pretty good now after 10 or something years :).

How do you know I have not played ISS on the NES? How could you know? Ofcourse I played that one. But ISS is not a winning eleven, except for WE3, which was released on the PSX, so get your facts right.

So the fact you joined this forum Dec 2001 actually MEANS you started playing PES/WE from then? Joining this forum doesn't say anything.
Oh does it say how skilled people are?

It's funny because I think everyone who would play now WE6, right now, will see a huge difference between the AI of that game and WE9.

Nevermind, you will never understand this.

Redjuh said:
What you mean, we are talking about WE7 m8. Meanwhile I'm playing WE6 now, I just realise that KONAMI made the game easier just in the next years. I think because their game became popular and since most people were playing FIFA they didn't want it make it too hard. so that's the reason I think. Because we6 is really hard ! AI = very good!
I meant I've done it in EVERY game including in PES5 where its harder. :roll:

definately we9jleague... its harder than we9, which in turn was harder than we8 etc.

we7int was harder to dribble, cause of opposition was always catching up withing a second of you passing them.. but ai wasnt the best and passing around and good formations would fk the cpu up.

also in we9jl, the defence really seems to regroup very quickly.. but i love that ;)

Back
Top Bottom