Toulon Youth Festival

France win again the tournament this year (4 years in row !)

frajoie.jpg

1 - France
2 - China
3 - Ivory Coast
4 - Portugal

wikipedia link :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tournoi_de_Toulon
alot of big names ! Jean-Pierre Papin, David Ginola, Cláudio Taffarel, Alan Shearer, David James, Rui Costa, Gerrard, Coupet, Thierry Henry, Riquelme, Cissé etc...

Last edited:
I don't want to ruin your joy but this tournament is no more what it was .
last time you played it with the teams wich didn't manage to qualify to youth world cup plus japan B youth team (the real U20 team was in the mondialito) . and this time you played against other free teams . the best one is china because they are already qualified to the olympic games as hosts followed by germany wich was also eliminated from the U21 european championship .
I saw the japanese squad and it was really an exotic one , the real one is busy now in the asian qualifiying tour for the olympic games .
instead of winning this poor tournament I'd prefere france to win the real games . I'm disapointed you've been eliminated by Israel with all the great youngsters who took part to the game (briand , nasri , zubar , berthod , mavuba , gouffran , lloris , faty , benzemma ...) .
France was one of the teams I really wanted to see in the U21 european championship and of course in the olympic games (the best 4 from the U21euro go to Pekin) . too bad .

France again lol... i enjoyed this year's although the jong orange played crap!!

The chinese/japanese were by far my best teams to watch.. espcially some chinese midfielder... he has a touch of class to his game!!!

I loved how France trounced Germany lol!! roll on next year!!!

I don't want to ruin your joy but this tournament is no more what it was .
last time you played it with the teams wich didn't manage to qualify to youth world cup plus japan B youth team (the real U20 team was in the mondialito) . and this time you played against other free teams . the best one is china because they are already qualified to the olympic games as hosts followed by germany wich was also eliminated from the U21 european championship .
I saw the japanese squad and it was really an exotic one , the real one is busy now in the asian qualifiying tour for the olympic games .
instead of winning this poor tournament I'd prefere france to win the real games . I'm disapointed you've been eliminated by Israel with all the great youngsters who took part to the game (briand , nasri , zubar , berthod , mavuba , gouffran , lloris , faty , benzemma ...) .
France was one of the teams I really wanted to see in the U21 european championship and of course in the olympic games (the best 4 from the U21euro go to Pekin) . too bad .

It's like a bad running gag about France in Olympique Games :(
all generations miss this big evenement...

it's truly a waste . they should pay more attention to the "espoir" category and give them the best possible coach .

Back
Top Bottom