9 January 2004
in the boots thread
Lille, de oranje!
its here again---- direct qoute from eurosports
"the veritable window for hot new talent "

who can forget the french team last year
Rio Mavuba, Bryan Bergougnoux,clichy,sinama

who can forget ronaldo in his orange vapors ripping the tournament aprt
even though some times the standard is low/// some games produce quality play the brazilians, argentines the portuguese eben the turks

PAST WINNERS OF THE TOULON TOURNAMENT:

2004: France

2003: Portugal (Manchester United snapped up Ronaldo as a result)

2002: Brazil (Inter scouts spotted Adriano)

2001: Portugal

2000: Columbia

1999: Columbia

1998: France

1996: Brazil

1995: Brazil

SOME MISLEADING AWARDS:

In 1987 the tournament fairplay award went to... England!

In 1989 the 'most courteous player award' went to... England's David Batty!

In 1991 the best 'keeper prize went to... England's David James !

this end bit is very funny james nah mate!!!!!

does anyone else watch the tournament......

ThomasGOAL said:
Final 2005: France vs Portugal
I think France will be the champion again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on Portuguese players Ricardo Vaz Té (Bolton), Tiago Targino (Vitória Guimarães), João Moreira (Valência) and Sérgio Organista (F.C. Porto Youth Team).

ricardo te. i expected more from him after the impressive first match display. last match against mexico was a total disgrace by the portugese. i saw numerous cases of cheating and diving, and the ref topped it all with his penalty decisions. but organista and the goalkeeper (forgot his name) both showed some potential!

What is the age limit for this tournament? And will these players/teams be in the World Youth Cup this weekend, too>?

congrats to france i hope these young players go on from here to light up the big stage like adriano and c-ronaldo

I watched England in the matches against Portugal and France. Some good football being played.

Organista of Portugal looks quite good.

footieBalla said:
a bicycle kick is "un kick velo" in french? :lol:

-fb

LOL no, in France it's "Bicyclette" :lol:
Milanista (Italian) say Velo, so i think in England it's Velo too :lmao:

SPiTFiRE said:
Vieirinha is really talented like my friend said! :shock:

oh boy he is, what a swift and classy goal!

why oh why are they using this black uhlsport ball! it sucks i blame it for the lack of goals

Last edited:
pk9 said:
2003: Portugal (Manchester United snapped up Ronaldo as a result)

That's untrue pk9, C. Ronaldo was snapped by Sir Alex Fergusson when Man Utd came to Portugal for play agaisnt Sporting for the inauguration of their new stadium (Alvalade XXI). C. Ronaldo humilated Ferdinand, O'Shea and Ole. On the returning to England, most of Man Utd players requested to Sir Alex for bought him, they they bought him, because Sir Alex was amazed about is unfear for "breaking legs" of the opponents at his young age. ;)

LOL, dunno if that's true. But I do remember him playing great for Portugal's youth.
Unfortunaly these days are not leaving much time for me to watch fotie. :( I even missed the UEFA Cup and CL Final and haven't watched a single Toulon game. :\
When is Portugal's next game? I want to see if Organista and Vierinha have improved their game, cause I have been hearing about them for quite some time.

btw is Helder Barbosa on the squad?

SPiTFiRE said:
That's untrue pk9, C. Ronaldo was snapped by Sir Alex Fergusson when Man Utd came to Portugal for play agaisnt Sporting for the inauguration of their new stadium (Alvalade XXI). C. Ronaldo humilated Ferdinand, O'Shea and Ole. On the returning to England, most of Man Utd players requested to Sir Alex for bought him, they they bought him, because Sir Alex was amazed about is unfear for "breaking legs" of the opponents at his young age. ;)

Thats true spit but i just copied that from the eurosport website back then :)

Mastermind said:
yea da number 19, Morales i think.

moralez from Racing Club Avellaneda...he is very good pjayes...18 years old but he is very smal 1 60

Bahhhhh Portugal was so "bad" eleminated. They played so well but missed great chances! :(

Anyway, great luck Holland! ;)

Back
Top Bottom