Trance / Dance / House Music Discussion

LOL! Missing all those quality DJs! Well at least you got your favourite played.

Armin van Buuren is an excellent DJ, he deserves to get the World No.1 crown this year from Tiesto (i'm not knocking Tiesto). I have a two hour mix by Armin uploaded, gimme a shout if you want it anyone, ill get ya the link.

@ Proxi: \\:o/ wow.. stuck in a trance is great!!

8) so let me introduce myself.. as you can se I'm a new member of this forum, but I'm quite addicted to house/dance music.. and in the last few months also to trance..

I'm glad to see so many people interested in these kinds of music, 'cause a lot of people don't understand them at all.. they don't know what they miss, I suppose..

(I just apologize for my english.. LoL!!)

Glad you liked the mix mate. People have all different perspectives on what "music" is, but at the end of the day, any rhythm, sound or voice in tune is classed as music, whether rock dance or even shitty r'n'b :P

Who's your favourite artists then homie?

I adore Blank and Jones.. I love "Mind of the Wonderful" as well as their commercial stuff like "After love", thety're absolutely great..

If I had to choose a remixer I'd choose Steve Murano then.. I think i'm gonna play both "Long way home" and "Insane" in the next mix I'm making..

foxtrot said:
2001 was a bad year for Trance. 2002 wasn't much better.

Back to the present though...

Ferry Corsten - Sublime - Great tune! Scares the shit out of me!
Fischerspooner - Never Win (Benny Benassi Remix) - Awesome!
BT - The Force Of Gravity (Tiësto Remix) - :shock:

where can i get these 3 songs?

Oh and ill up some videos of Tiesto at Global and Oakenfold at Creamfields later

Just wondering, I'm not much into listening to loads of music, therefore I'm probably missing a lot of songs. But I used to remember hearing quite a lot of songs on MTV Dance, but all I ever seem to see on it now are old 90s songs really.

Do they still do programs on there with up to date dance music? And if so, when?

FD

mtv dance is shit! 90% of it is american crap.

avoid it!

the other 10% (like you rightly said) is classic trance from the late 90s...

Trance hasnt been great since the golden days of 1998-2000, wicked tunes from Energy 52 Cafe Del Mar, Paul Van Dyk's For An Angel + Another Way + Tell Me Why, Storms Storm, Storm Time To Burn, Zombie Nation, Marc Et Claude La, William Orbit Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix), System F Out Of The Blue, Southside Spinners Luvstruck (Original Marco V & Benjamin Mix)

great tunes!! Shame its not like that these days! its all crappy remixes of tunes like "hungry eyes!" :(

DJ

Some awesome tunes listed there dude and i do agree on the fact that i personally loved the years of the trance we had back in 1998 til around 2001. The whole sound of it was sweet and so involving.

However i do think that if you dig deeper than buying Clubland 16 or Big Tunes 42 and go search for stuff by the following artists then you'll find that there's some great tracks and dj sets in terms of style, sound and production around these days too, albeit the style of trance in general has evolved, just like it did at the beginning and will carry on doing ;)

Look out for work by Kuffdam and Plant, Stoneface & Terminal, Aerodrome, Probspot, Andy Moor, Sander Van Doorn, Bobina, Carrie Skipper.... There's even some great recent stuff out by the likes of Armin van Buuren, Airbase, Lost Witness (his new one is ace), Woody van Eyden, Solar Stone, Tiesto, Mauro Picotto (he's got a new one out called Cry which is top). Also the great Ferry Corsten is rumoured to be going back to proper trance for his upcoming artist album. ;)

This is more to life than Flip N Fill and the Friday Night Posse remixing every track around :D Listen to Armin van Buuren's radio show at 7pm UK time on www.di.fm weekly, that's an ace show. Or even try one of mine :D

proxi said:
Mauro Picotto (he's got a new one out called Cry which is top)

:D I've been not hearing his name for a long long time.. maybe a couple of years.. I just love his old stuff (ie "Bakerloo symphony", 1996 if I don't go wrong.. I was only 11 so I heard it a bit later.. and forgive me if I don't remember the name of the project.. I suppose it was called "R.A.F." or something similar..)

it wasn't really trance, or techno.. I think it was just "progressive" stuff.. there was plenty of Italian DJ's playing that kind of music at that time.. Gigi D'Agostino (even if his "commercial" stuff rulez, too.. check out "Gigi's goodnight" or "Wellfare"), Giacomo Orlando, Mauro Picotto (of course), Mario Più..

\\:o/ oh.. good, old days..

Always been a fan of Picotto here too - i prefer the Iguana, Komodo and Lizard stuff over everything else he's done though. Proximus and Back To Cali were good, he played them both when i went to see him live and the place erupted.

He also released a tune with Fergie recently, called Funkytec, with sampled an old 70's dancefloor song! :lol: But still was good techno

:D also tiesto rmx of pulsar is great.. and pulsar itself, of course!! I mean.. I hear again that voice sometimes.. "m-a-u-r.. o-p-i-c.. o-t-t-o.. DJ.. DJ.."

Got the Original Picotto Tea Mix of Pulsar on Vinyl and the words are quality :) Djjjjjjjjjjjj :)

DJ

I like trance music, it is quality, but only the old songs that I have had backed-up for years is good, the trance I hear these days is more pop than anything else.

ATB - Humanity, good song imo.
Agnelli and Nelson - Shiver, not 100% sure it is by them but I think it is great.
Conjure One - Tears from the moon, god it off gods kitchen and it is a good song.
Sunscreem vs Push - Please save me, yet again another classic.

Vincent de moor has a few good songs, I got one called "DJ Micro", not sure if that is the name but it has a good beat.

Darren Tate also has a few good songs along with Delerium, Push etc.

I bet these are all shit ;) anyone like any of these?

Think again matey.

Humanity by ATB is great, as is Intencity, and the Steve Murano remix of Long Way Home.
Shiver is by A & N yeah, i like it but still think their best tracks are Everyday & Hudson St.
Conjure One have a new one out which is nice.. Extraordinary Day. Also i like Sleep, a very sexy vocal on that hehehe!
Sunscreem Vs Push is a tune and a half, the amount of times i've laid that one into a live mix...

Delerium have had some top stuff out. Underwater is great, as is Innocente. ANd yeah i am one of Darren Tates biggest fans.

Jurgen Vries - Wilderness << beautiful
Jurgen Vries - The Theme << great end of night anthem
DT8 - Sun Is Shining Down << beauty of a trance tune
Orion - Eternity (Darren Tate Remix) << my favourite by the lad, it's a god of a tune

Don't listen to UK commercial albums! They may say it's trance but often it's far from. Armin van Buuren's 2 hour mix is on at 7pm on www.di.fm, it's been excellent for the past month

I have tried for about 2 weeks to get a Conjure One album, yet I ain't even seen any.

Everyday is good yea but I prefer Shiver :). Ain't heard Hudston St I don't think.

Darren Tate - Now is the time, his best imo.

I can't believe I left out my all time favourite: 4 Strings - Diving, that song is just wow, even after all these years.

Few others I have in my songs folder:

Above & Beyond Ft. Zoe Johnston - No One On Earth.mp3
ATB vs Darude - Fields Of Love.MP3
Clokx - Feelings.mp3
Darren Tate - BThe Other Love.mp3
Jan Johnston - Flesh 2002 [ DJ Tiesto Mix ].mp3
Perpetuous Dreamer - The Sound Of Goodbye.mp3
Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia [ Darude Remx ].mp3
Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun (Saturday Remix).mp3
Vincent de Moor - Between 2 Fires.mp3
William Orbit - Barbers Adagio For Strings.mp3 - Song is a classic!!

I guess you have Gods Kitchen albums, which ones would you say were the best, I have: Classics, Direct, Global Gathering, Summer Trance and Worldwide.

oops.. gotta update my "fields of love" ID3 tag, then.. I was sure this tune was by ATB & york.. I had no clue it was by darude.. well, quality stuff anyway!!

and.. just check out blank & jones's remix of "the sound of goodbye".. still one of my favourite tunes.. I'd say my favourites are

blank & jones feat. elles de graaf - mind of the wonderful
perpetuous dreamer - the sound of goodbye (blank & jones rmx)
atb - long way home (steve murano rmx)
dark monks - insane (steve murano rmx)
conjure one - tears from the moon (tiesto rmx)

and "for an angel" by paul van dyk, of course..

I ain't 100% sure mate, could be York, but I think the beat sounds more like Darude :)

Blank and Jones is good, Cream and DJ Culture are the only good ones I have heard.

proxi said:
Shiver is by A & N yeah, i like it but still think their best tracks are Everyday & Hudson St.

norhern ireland's finest sons!!

'embrace' was their greatest tune, tho... ;)

ahhhh Jan Johnston Flesh :) brilliant but not the Tiesto Remix :( I prefer the Tilts Going Home Mix. Steve Murano has made something decent? bloody hell! he normally makes trance remixes that are absolute shite! well him and Resonance Q!

DJ

Blank & Jones Cream is brilliant :) classic! the ATB Mix of Cream is also top quality too which Ive got on Vinyl.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Steve Murano has made something decent? bloody hell!
:lol: yes mate, he has..

I mean, I like his stuff very much and I think that his remix of "insane" is a top quality tune, as well as his remix of "long way home"..

I like also his remix of Lazard's "little star" (but I'd just play cascada rmx, to be honest, if I had to play that song) but imho it's not as good as those 2 I mentiond above!!

oh right I find some of Steve Murano's stuff kinda cheesey but then again im into my old skool trance :) Gouryella, System F, Paul Van Dyk etc.. :)

DJ

I'm into all trance, i mean the proper stuff like!

I think Murano has done some awesome work - some are rubbish, but a few in particular are legendary for me. Long Way Home & Insane are both great in myopinion but the god of all Murano tunes is

Solar Stone - Solarcoaster (Steve Murano Remix)

It ranks up with Joshua Ryan's "Pistolwhip" as one of the maddest tunes ever for me, you simply don't know whats gonna happen next!

By the way, Fields Of Love is ATB Vs York, i have that somewhere on import CD single. Blank & Jones have made some good stuff too. The Quake remix of After Love is a god of a tune, as is Beyond Time! :D

I'm doing a 6 hour live mix on net radio tomorrow, i'll chuck the link in here for anyone wanting a listen, i shall be playing some classic trance in it.

guys - the follwing is THE GREATEST TRANCE TUNE OF ALL-TIME!

it's a big statement to make, but i can assure anyone who hasn't heard it that it will instantly become your fave tune!

it's by armin, under one of his many guises...

Airwave vs. Rising Star - Sunspot (DCML Mix)

quite simply, an awesome monster of a tune! an anthem if ever there was one!

i'll upload it for those who are interested... ;)

It is a sweet tune - only got it last week actually. Already on my playlist for tomorrow night :)

proxi said:
It is a sweet tune - only got it last week actually. Already on my playlist for tomorrow night :)

that's gotta be your set finisher!!!

the tune oozes, 'we want one more, we want one more'!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom