Trance / Dance / House Music Discussion

proxi

Champions League
9 February 2003
Sheffield
Tottenham Hotspur
This could easily be subjected to "how can electronic beats be music" talk - and if that happens, fair enough! But i know there are people out there who listen to electronica, meaning trance music, house, dance etc.

I listen to and mix Trance, i do many mixes and do live radio shows trying to take people on a cool journey through sound ;)

Stuff by artists like Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Tiesto, Airwave, Airbase, Andy Moor and Above & Beyond is often brilliant.

Armin van Buuren has a new artist album out in 3 weeks which features some big name vocalists, the likes of Justine Suissa and Ray Wilson. All new tracks. Ferry Corsten also has an artist album out in October which will be huge, i've heard samples and he's going back to his trancy best.

5 tunes of the moment for me....

Above & Beyond with Andy Moor - Air For Life
Elles De Graaf - Show You My World (Ferry Corsten Remix)
Tiesto - In My Memory (Airwave Remix)
Fatkid - Southern Sun (White Isle Mix)
Sanity - Welcome To The Future

And because i'm nice, here's the latest trance CD i made, a few weeks old. If anyone wants it, take it. If you don't want it, cheers for reading you pop-tart ;)

Download Here - My own compilation, so should be safe to post here? Sorry if not to the Staff.

*awaits tumbleweed

Last edited:
i love trance - it shits all over that pathetic american crap, like rnb, hip-hop and c-rap...

i once launched a bird out of the house because she stuck on some rnb shit on our stereo while i was lying winged at a party in my mates house - the american bitch.

gimme alphazone, anyday!

MrCoopz said:
Proxi

Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, DJ Tiesto and Above and Beyond were At Global gathering this year

check out my thread for the full list

Oh im downloading your mix as well ;)
Aye we had some talk about that at Tuna Pie man. I never even knew about it :( Anyway i was in Greece until August 2nd anyway \\:o/

If you or anyone's interested, i'm doing a live radio show tonight (and recording the mix). It'll be for around 3 hours from 8pm GMT and you can check out my skills by clicking on this Winamp / Quintessential Player link. It's pretty high quality for net radio - 96kbps

Big tunes for me at the moment are

Max Graham Ft Jessica Jacobs - I Know You're Gone
Headstrong - Close Your Eyes (Matt Darey Remix)
Dogzilla - Without You
Iridium - Command Me

And i'm gonna have to play them tonight 8)

Well i've come back from hols and i expected this topic to still have no replies - respect to vr6_highline and the Coopmeister :mrgreen:

vr6_highline said:
i love trance - it shits all over that pathetic american crap, like rnb, hip-hop and c-rap...

i once launched a bird out of the house because she stuck on some rnb shit on our stereo while i was lying winged at a party in my mates house - the american bitch.

gimme alphazone, anyday!
Hehe! R'n'B does absolutely nothing for me, they've started shortening the dance and trance nights here and playing R'n'B in the peak hours instead, it's stupid.

Alphazone - quality. I like the remix by Alphazone of DJ Kim - Jetlag

...sensing just a bit of hostility towards American entertainment from vr6 there ;)...

Cool stuff, proxi, will have to check your shit out.

For me, it's all about Sasha. Airdrawndagger and Involver are masterpieces.

Now online at http://72.21.43.66:1760/listen.pls

Playing tonight was....

1. Deepest Blue / Is It A Sin / Cicada's Stadium Remix
2. Benassi Bros. / Every Single Day / Original Mix
3. ElementFour / Big Brother Theme / Grayed Out Deep House Mix
4. Tin Tin Out / Earth & Stars / E & S Club Mix
5. Mariah Carey / So Emotional / Whitelabel
6. Scott & Leon / You Used To Hold Me / Original
7. King Unique / Love Is What You Need / Knee Deep Mix
8. Uniting Nations / You & Me / Club Mix
9. Faith Evans / Mesmerized / Freemasons Remix
10. Mint Royale / Singing In The Rain / Kenny Hayes Remix
11. Rui Da Silva / Touch Me / 12" Mix
12. D*Note / Shed My Skin / Mr Sam Remix
13. Danny Marquez & Ferry B. / Afrocatalans / Hardsoul's Emocion Tropical Treatment
14. DT8 / Sun Is Shining Down / House 12" Mix
15. 15th Avenue / Fantasy / Bootleg
16. Benny Benassi / Satisfaction / Steve Murano Remix
17. Reflekt / Need To Feel Loved / Marc Van Linden Remix
18. Above & Beyond Ft. Andy Moor / Air For Life / Original Mix
19. Max Graham Ft. Jessica Jacobs / I Know You're Gone / Club Mix
20. Armin van Buuren / Shivers / Elevation Remix
21. Lazard / Little Star / Marc Van Linden Remix
22. Kaveh Azizi / Glow / Original Mix
23. Iridium / Command Me / Reconstruction
24. Michael Woods & JJ / So Special / Club Mix
25. Dogzilla / Without You / Original Mix
26. Paul Oakenfold / Southern Sun / Gabriel & Dresden Remix
27. Lustral / Solace / Matt Cerf Remix
28. Rank 1 / Breathing / Full Vocal Mix
29. Paul van Dyk / The Other Side / Martin Roth Remix
30. Electrique Boutique / Revelation / Ferry Corsten Remix
31. Gouryella / Walhalla / Dub

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I went to a dance festival about 5000+ people. Loved that night.
DJ that night was Felix Da Housecat. Probably the best night I had so far, And unfortunaly I wasn't able to stay all night cause I had to travel the next day at 7 AM! :S

Tell me what's your favorite artist at the moment. Or fav songs.

Hmm - theres a few lad. By the way Felix can do some top sets! :)

For house music i'd say the Freemasons is up at the top. Beautiful piano house. Their remixes are brilliant. I also love Steve Murano's remix work, he completely cuts up an original track and makes something entirely new in style.

For trance i'd say Michael Woods, Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren and Matt Darey at the moment. All proven in trance and all back with some quality tuna.

Faith Evans - Mesmerized (Freemasons Remix) // House
Dogzilla - Without You // Trance
Armin van Buuren Ft. Nadia Ali - Who Is Watching // Trance
Headstrong Ft. Tiff Lacey - Close Your Eyes (Matt Darey Remix) // Trance

And one classic tune i've had on tonight is the trance classic Walhalla by Gouryella ;)

Thats all from me holmes.

proxi said:
Hmm - theres a few lad. By the way Felix can do some top sets! :)

You bet.

The guy even put, in the middle of all that music, Blur - Song 2, and Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People. A master touch I might add. I loved it.

Haha, sounds nice!

Armin van Buuren Ft. Nadia Ali - Who Is Watching

I'm really loving that at the moment, it's the singer from Iio (Rapture, At The End...) and some really laid back trance. Looking forward to the remixes when it's released. If you like trance you should really pick up the Shivers album by Armin himself.

proxi have u heard SOS/Message in a bottle??

Tiesto played it at GG and we all loved it

Armin van Buuren has been playing it alot recently and is due for release soon by Sander van Doorn

I wanna get hold of it before its release somehow but cant find it anywhere

MrCoopz said:
proxi have u heard SOS/Message in a bottle??

Tiesto played it at GG and we all loved it

Armin van Buuren has been playing it alot recently and is due for release soon by Sander van Doorn

I wanna get hold of it before its release somehow but cant find it anywhere
Yeah i heard it - it's rather nice and i have people looking out for it because i want it too! No sight yet..

Armin van Buuren has done some quality stuff in his time, one i especially like is his remix of Shane 54 - Too Late To Turn

best couple of tunes from last year were:

fenology - unfinished symphony (funaki or arc in the sky mix)
nebulus (a.k.a. alphazone) - destination paradise (original mix)

best tune so far this year:

starline - blue waves

armin's best work was easily 'communication'

tiesto's best work, (for me) was his magikal remake of 'aria - willow' - a beautiful tune...

the summer of 1999 was the best of my life - trance ruled back then...

vr6_highline said:
armin's best work was easily 'communication'

tiesto's best work, (for me) was his magikal remake of 'aria - willow' - a beautiful tune...

the summer of 1999 was the best of my life - trance ruled back then...
The Aria remix is ace yeah!

I also love his mix of Skin - Faithfulness and the Gouryella stuff he did with Ferry. Walhalla is a god of a tune!

vr6_highline said:
nebulus (a.k.a. alphazone) - destination paradise (original mix)
Sweet tune - i like the Airbase mix too.

Alphazone's best remix in my ears was of DJ Kim - Jetlag. The astronaut samples were quality and the remix brought it out so much better.

proxi said:
...and the Gouryella stuff he did with Ferry. Walhalla is a god of a tune!

i had a son, christams 2002. if he had been a girl, he was being called 'Ligaya' :) i loved that tune! (and the whole meaning behind the word)

btw, all gouryella tunes are nicely named...

Yeah they are - Ferry Corsten said that he'll team back up with Tiesto for the next Gouryella installment at some point in the next year....

So.. get on your marks again with the lady! ;)

What did you call him then? If Ligaya was the female choice, was the male one.... Tenshi?

rotflmao.gif

Nice.

proxi said:
Yeah they are - Ferry Corsten said that he'll team back up with Tiesto for the next Gouryella installment at some point in the next year....

So.. get on your marks again with the lady! ;)

What did you call him then? If Ligaya was the female choice, was the male one.... Tenshi?

:lmao: hehe, not quite!

i had responsibility for the girl's name, she had the boy's name. so in the end we went for ben. not very exotic, but we both liked it!

i already told her that if we ever have a girl, she will be called Ligaya!

btw, i heard on the grapevine that gouryella were already busy working on their next track - i hope so...

i also forgot about Tenshi - that's a lethal tune. one of my all-time favourites...

tomorrow, i will go through my mp3 collection and list some of my favourite tracks, but in the meantime you can start with this little classic, that i bet you've never heard:

central seven - missing (dj mellow-d club mix)

I haven't heard it no! And Ben.... yeah not exotic but a good name! :mrgreen:

Tenshi is a cracking tune!

Got hold of Armin's A State Of Trance show from last night, and it's about to be broadcast thru my site and onto here - http://72.21.43.66:1760/listen.pls

01. BCML - Mr. Horowitz (Way Out West Remix)
02. Max Graham vs Coldplay - Talk
03. Solar Stone feat Jes Brieden - Like a Waterfall
04. Carrie Skipper - Time Goes By (Super 8 Deep Mix)
05. ID
06. Headstrong feat Tiff Lacey - Close Your Eyes (Andy Moor Remix)
07. Dogzilla - Without You
08. Alex Stealthy - Able To Forget
09. Andrew Bennett - Maynar
10. Pulser - Point Of Impact
11. ID
12. Epos - Vivagio (Danjo & Rob Styles Remix)
13. ID
14. Emjay - Make Some Noise (Remix)
15. Katana - Play It Loud
16. Armin Van Buuren - Control Freak
17. Bart Claessen - Playmo
18. Armin Van Buuren Featuring Jan Vayne - Hymne (Sail Remix)
19. Angelstyle - Insider
20. TDR - Squelch (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
21. The Police - S.O.S. (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
22. ID

Tune in if you like, it lasts 2 hours.

Me too, and the Carrie Skipper tune was great too.

My favourite in this set is the Dogzilla track with Armin fiddling about with it.... :mrgreen:

proxi said:
I love that mix yeah - but have you heard the Fatkid mix?

:shock: \\:o/

Where can i get it?

also MJ where can i get "tiesto's 'aria - willow'"

Back
Top Bottom