traveling to barcelona

gomito#10

World Cup Winner
9 May 2003
DC, USA
To my spanish friends or anyone else who lives or has been to this great city.

1)where should i book my hotel to be near all the action
2)how much would a ticket in $ or euros be to a barcelona game?
3)how much to a espanyol game?
4)how is the weather in the first week of october?
5)Should i tell everyone im canadian?
6)will i be safe at the futbol matches? i think i have only heard athletico has safety issues... not in barca
7)what is the one place I have to sightsee at?
8)and last does anyone have a free place to stay? :) LOL j/k

1 - it depends by what u consider "action". the best places to stay in barcelona are las ramblas and the beach.... and there are a lot of nice hotels, hostels and b&b in both places (prices are a little high coz theese are the best places to stay... especially in las ramblas).

2 - it depends by the match and by the zone of the stadium. prices go from 20 euros to 200. maybe u could find this link useful
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/entrades/preus_entrades/futbol/entrades.html

3 - i paid about 30 euros to see espanyol - palermo from the sidelines seats

4 - september and october are the best months to visit catalunya ;) nice warm wheather... not too hot.

5 - ? why should u?

6 - catalani supporters are VERY passional.... but i never had any problems, so u should be safe....... unless u're castillano :lol:

7 - las ramblas are one of the most beautiful zones of barcelona, but if u like architechture, then u have to visit the whole damned city, coz is toooo beautiful :) i really couldn't pick just one place.

8 - unfortunately no :mrgreen:

1 - it depends by what u consider "action". the best places to stay in barcelona are las ramblas and the beach.... and there are a lot of nice hotels, hostels and b&b in both places (prices are a little high coz theese are the best places to stay... especially in las ramblas).

2 - it depends by the match and by the zone of the stadium. prices go from 20 euros to 200. maybe u could find this link useful
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/entrades/preus_entrades/futbol/entrades.html

3 - i paid about 30 euros to see espanyol - palermo from the sidelines seats

4 - september and october are the best months to visit catalunya ;) nice warm wheather... not too hot.

5 - ? why should u?

6 - catalani supporters are VERY passional.... but i never had any problems, so u should be safe....... unless u're castillano :lol:

7 - las ramblas are one of the most beautiful zones of barcelona, but if u like architechture, then u have to visit the whole damned city, coz is toooo beautiful :) i really couldn't pick just one place.

8 - unfortunately no :mrgreen:

man thats actually pretty reasonable.. whats castillano?

I need to book within the next two weeks as Im scared gas prices are going to drive up the flight costs if i wait any longer. So does anyone know when the 2007/08 fixture list comes out? Im hoping espanyol and barca wont be out of town the weekend im going. I suppose there are other clubs I could see.

Lo Zio do you think 7 days is enough? I think im going to book a hotel in las ramblas area. Well i was joking about telling people i am canadian! :)

Thanks for the info, I CANT WAIT!

spain is divided in regions (castilla, catalunya extremadura, murcia, aragon, asturias, cantabria,navarra, galicia, andalucia....) Castilla and catalunya are historically rivals regions (and this rivalry is kept in life also today by the fact that madrid is in castilla ;) )

barcelona is a very big city... 7 days might be enough... but they should be 7 very busy days... especially if u consider that the day u'll arrive u'll be reasoably tired ;)
if u'd have 10\12 days u could also visit aragon, wich is near to catalunya.... if u like history, u just can't miss it :)

Im scared gas prices are going to drive up the flight costs if i wait any longer
u're right to be scared.

don't carry with u your american express.... in certain regions of spain is almost useless.... better visa ;)

I think im going to book a hotel in las ramblas area

nice choice, mate ;)

spain is divided in regions (castilla, catalunya extremadura, murcia, aragon, asturias, cantabria,navarra, galicia, andalucia....) Castilla and catalunya are historically rivals regions (and this rivalry is kept in life also today by the fact that madrid is in castilla ;) )

barcelona is a very big city... 7 days might be enough... but they should be 7 very busy days... especially if u consider that the day u'll arrive u'll be reasoably tired ;)
if u'd have 10\12 days u could also visit aragon, wich is near to catalunya.... if u like history, u just can't miss it :)

u're right to be scared.

don't carry with u your american express.... in certain regions of spain is almost useless.... better visa ;)

nice choice, mate ;)

i dont have an american express, so Im good!

Back
Top Bottom