Trouble finding people on LIVE

kevano22

TDWFYU
2 August 2003
anyone having problems trying to connect to friends or finding people on optimatch on PES5

i found a few this afternoon now i cant find any tonight :S

yeah i cant find any on optimatch either, and when one does finally come up as soon as i press on them to play it says game session no longer exist or it straight away says not accepted, seems a little strange to me.

Post if you have a similar problem please

the only way I have been able to get a game so far is by creating

quick match or optimatch tell's me either it can't find an opponent or the session no longer exists

what with the minimal online options it adds up to another piss poor live effort as per Pro Evo 4

It is piss poor with no rooms thing, nor lobby's, I dont know what they have done, I mean how can you create leagues?????? Maybe I need to look in the manual. So far played Wrighty and Classic losing 2v1, 1v0.

Yep, 9 times out of 10 when you do an optimatch search and stick everything on 'any', it says there's no one there? Find that hard to believe.

Had a look at the manual already Carl, nothin' there about lobbies or rooms at all.

Game seems a lot less laggy than last year though, liking it so far.

I thought when buying the game all these options would be there, then when it connected the big eager grin on my face quickly turned into a harsh frown

Love the game tho more realistic like pes1, konami are crossed of my people to kill list (scene from billy madison)

yup optimatch brings up nothin for me

luckily ive got loads on my friends list who play it. Also now its live aware and you can save formations so its not all bad!

Cant get into games with friends. Just says "No reply" when i accept their invite. So dissapointing

Try creating games. I did all of last night and had to wait no longer thatn 20 seconds each time.

i too have only played one game by hosting 1st half. Must be a fault of some sort can never connect to anyone else.

Wish id bought the game from game not tescos, it would be going right back.

well, me, noted fear and my mate all tried something yesterday.

we opened some ports on our routers, and its worked so good.

All 3 of us couldnt find anyone on quick match, optimatch and when creating a game no1 would join.

also, me and noted couldnt connect to play each other for ages. So we both opened these ports on the router and hey presto, it works now.

Im also pulling up 10 names at a time on optimatch, i couldnt believe it when i saw it!

heres the guide for openeing the right ports for your own Router, hope it helps.

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/XboxLive/XboxLiveindex.htm

got it off pesfan :)

Last edited:
Had a go at that, says I need to forward/open port 88 but my router setup page says 'The public port number cannot be 88.Because it will have a collision with the Home Gateway Service'.

I've just opened those ports on my Linksys router but still can't get a game. I guess it is late but even so there surely must be people up playing this at 1am.

Have added everyone who has problems on this thread to my friends... hope you dont mind struggling to get a game is pissing me off

Gamertag:fellovertoday

I really struggle as well, and the few games i do manage to get on have crazy lag. I have a good net connection, so im pretty much out of ideas..:(

I think i may have figured a way of finding more games on optimatch... when you search for a game, instead of leaving all the options as 'any' change the obvious ones (e.g injuries on, subs = 3, match = 10 mins etc) and then search. Everytime i did that i got at least 4 or 5 people come up, whereas when i just searched without making it more specific i didn't get any.

Not sure if its just some sort of coincidence or actually works, but i'm finding a game straight away now everytime :)

peat said:
Im on most nights, always up for a game.

Gamertag = manxspanna

Aye, cheers for playing us mate i was on LIVE for 20minutes searchin for a game and you were the only taker. Not often City beat Inter is it ;)

Ok I'm up and running played one game with my xbox 360 pad thus far and found my sprint was on the wrong button...
2.0 down at half time against some stranger with jerky players galore he scored 2 from free kicks,but by 80 mins I was 4.2 up!....then the b'stad quit...lol

Adding everyone in this thread as friends and I hope you don't mind.

gamertag-jonboyo

jonboyo just win a game like that b-tard :P , the other guy play better than me, but 2 freekicks with lampard solve the game :P

ADD ME TOO

slip666knot20

stick me down, the lack of games on live is rubbish

gamertag: Searla

If anyone sees me online feel free to send me an invite

Back
Top Bottom