header.jpg

50149.gif
Sporting Clube de Portugal - FC Internazionale Milano
50138.gif

Date: 12 Setembro 2006
Time: 19h45 (20h45 CET)
Stadium: José de Alvalade, Lisboa

Referee: Alain Hamer (Luxembourg)
Auxiliar Referees: Francis Crelo (Luxembourg), Eric Castellani (France)
I think that this will be a very good game, and it will finish with a draw... What you think? ;)

Last edited:
Would like to see Sporting winning it. I think it will be a matter of how the young Sporting players react.

If they get intimidated by the name of the opponents and by the fact that some of them are playing CL for the first time, Inter will win easy. If they play to their full potential they can win.

Yes ooh_harry.

Please watch out the comedy playing, :lol: would be beautiful seeing Sporting fans with a big headache today.

I would expect Inter to be too strong, but you never know. Sporting will not take it easy but they need to keep it up for 90 mins otherwise it will be too hard for them to get a result and I dont know if they're capable. They are playing at home, they do have some quality in the side so I do find it hard to rule them out.

This referee must be a joke... :roll: That's impressive how he uses two completely different criteria for each team... :roll:

Milanista, my avatar has to do with PES6, not with Adriano himself, who is a player I hate, really. :D

Come on Sporting! :D

Good first half by Sporting,they might win it.Yannick,Nani,Moutinho and Veloso are doing an amazing match for such young players.

OAFT!

What a goal!

Haha anyone see Toldo go back and try to scoop the ball away, it had hit the net already and he hadn't seen it. :mrgreen:

It was an amazing game by Sporting,who had a lot of young players that never played on the champions league before.Well done Paulo Bento!!!It´s a glorious day for me!!

Well in terms of organization is the best even better than Benfica this year, but in terms of European Experience is the worst, one thing it's playing at your league the other is playing in an International championship with the most powerful teams of the world.

I was there :)

Magnificient night sporting gave us, the fans. I have my own disregard for Inter, always looked at them as the most depressive club in europe, in the last 20 years they were probably the bigger wasters of money and talent in the world but... outplaying them this way was not among my predictions, they might not be a team but they sure have the best squad around.

The impressive thing about this is that the biggest stars in the game were Sporting's academy own products (Caneira, Veloso, Moutinho, these three had an incredible match although Nani has been the one in the spotlight recently), which only ads to what I've said in PLFs thread: Sporting has, by far, the most productive youth system in Portugal, probably only matched by Porto but the northern guys don't make such a good use of their productions (probably because they can afford bigger deals).

What a night.

26243.jpg
http://www.sporting.pt/Imagens/26243.jpg

Haha screw you Inter. The "Campioni d'Italia" lost to a team of youngsters. Only a matter of time till Mancio gets sacked.

De-Fault
De-Fault
De-Fault
De-Fault
De-Fault

Rocky29 said:
Haha screw you Inter. The "Campioni d'Italia" lost to a team of youngsters. Only a matter of time till Mancio gets sacked.
They may be youngsters, but they shown how good players they are, better than many "old" players... Sporting has won fairly, and has turned Inter in a normal team...
SPORTING 4EVER!

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
Boring game, Brilliant goal!

-

BTW that Nani geezer looks like a good player! Is he Brazilian?

Cape Verde descendent, but Portuguese. He played in the qualifier Portugal played against Finland. 18 years old and will get a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom