UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Yeah, just for the....

"An English Team, a Scottish Team and an Irish team walk into the Champions league group stage and......"

...sort of joke. ;)

To anyone who is interested about, UEFA has banned my team because we have used a player that was banned from european games in 2000. The player was a new signing and was banned from his previous club. So PAOK 1-2 M. Tel-Aviv goes unfortunatelly as PAOK 0-3 M. Tel-Aviv.

foxtrot said:
Shelbourne holding Deportivo to a 0-0 draw. :shock:

They probably get humped sideways in Spain though.
Exactly. Deportivo is in the top 8 seeds and it'll be embarassing not to qualify. They play wonderful football, too bad I heard Andrade went back to Porto?

Lionheart said:
foxtrot said:
Shelbourne holding Deportivo to a 0-0 draw. :shock:

They probably get humped sideways in Spain though.
Exactly. Deportivo is in the top 8 seeds and it'll be embarassing not to qualify. They play wonderful football, too bad I heard Andrade went back to Porto?

He didn't, he's still at depor...

Strijdkever,

Shaktar Donetsk was playing terrific yesterday...at half time the score was 1-0, but it could have been 5-0...they humiliated Brugge.

He isn't in Brugge anymore Prof, as a matter of fact i think he plays for Metalurg Donetsk or some other Ukrainian team...
He was never really appreciated in Brugge, was the scapegoat of the team because he was considered eccentric and individualistic...they could have used him yesterday...
Brugge are blinded by the good start of Balaban. They see him as their next great forward player in a rather impressive tradition (Papin, Amokachi, Farina, Stanic, Spehar). I think they are wrong (and any Villa fan will agree with me). Anyway Balaban (who scored already 5 goals in CL) can't play the return match: he's suspended after his second yellow card...

gerd said:
Strijdkever,

Shaktar Donetsk was playing terrific yesterday...at half time the score was 1-0, but it could have been 5-0...they humiliated Brugge.

Thanks

When I first say these drawings I expected Brugge to win easily, I didn't even know the other team. A new sensation in football ;) ?

They are around for a long time now.
Already played in the CL several times and are almost every year in one of the European comps...

donetsk has a great coach: Mircea Lucescu

they will do very well in the CL, i´m sure (i dont think they will lose by 3 goals in belgium ;) )

Well Ernestito reasonably spoken you should be right, but stranger things than 3 goal differences have happened in Brugge.

Yeah, Brugge have it all to do. I will be interested in the Inter/Basel game at the San Siro. It's currently tied at 1-1. I wonder if the Swiss boys can cause an upset, but i doubt it, what with the squad Inter has at the moment.
Oh and the Depor/Shelbourne game too :D

Yup we have our return leg against Graz and its live on ITV2, how very good of them

I think that Shelbourne could cause an upset in La Coruna tonight and could sneak a 1-0 or 1-1 but realistically Depor should thump them but you never know in football,eh?

greghalloween said:
I think that Shelbourne could cause an upset in La Coruna tonight and could sneak a 1-0 or 1-1 but realistically Depor should thump them but you never know in football,eh?

Absoloutely no chance mate, if they can score 4 past AC Milan at home im sure they can do the same to the mighty Shelbourne.. should be a training session for Depor before there first game in LA Liga this weekend. :mrgreen:

Monaco : 6 (Chevanton 18', Bernardi 32', El-fakiri 42', Kallon 47', Farnerud 66', Adebayor 84' pen)
Gorica : 0

Aggregate (9 - 0)

after 1-3 years, Adriano will be the best player in the world. He WAS Inter tonight with a very strong Stankovic. :shock:

Sadly its gunna be true.......

:x

It's scary how young he is.. he is a machine.

To be honest I can't see him staying at Inter at the height of his career. If they manage to keep him then great.

It's unbelieveable the amount of talent the comes out of Brazil.

Adriano :salute:

Benfica went out :( . 3-0 in Brussels with Dindin getting 2, a shame after the hard work of the 1st leg. Rosenberg beat Haifa.

The Shelborne dream died in the humid sea breeze in La Coruna (3-0).

And Villareale beat Atletico on pens in the intertoto final, Schalke and Lille also went thru from that :roll:

In Spain Zaragossa beat Valenica 3-2 on agg to win the Super Cup.

Noted said:
It's scary how young he is.. he is a machine.

To be honest I can't see him staying at Inter at the height of his career. If they manage to keep him then great.

It's unbelieveable the amount of talent the comes out of Brazil.

Adriano :salute:

Yeah you're probably right, Inter have so much money problems and can't afford their stars. :l

Back
Top Bottom