UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Well, you're right, I exceeded myself saying "absolute crap", but really he's been playing very poorly this year, not average. And I say that because last year he played very well, and comparing the two seasons is just as if he was totally depressed... It wouldn't surprise me if he moves back to monaco this summer.

But, to stay on topic, I think Stam played superbly, both marking and playing the wing, and I also liked Serginho a lot, he's very underrated. And Seedorf didn't play well, but he's the only player with 3 european cups with 3 different teams. I have no fear to milan, but a lot of respect.

Allright drekkard, i was only joking calling you a clown, but i was wrong to do that...i aplogize...i did not want to hurt you...testorone...

About the match: great goal, great match by Barcelona.

Although i still rate Milan high, i think they have a similar problem as Real Madrid: their team is old...i think in the upcoming transfer window they deperately need to buy loads of young players...
In the second half they were totally outplayed by Barca, but Milan being Milan they still can qualify...

Still i hope Villareal or Arsenal can win the CL this year...

PLF said:
Negatives: Biggest one was Seedorf but Ambrosini, Gila and others could've done better with their chances as well.

Think its a little harsh to call Seedorf and Ambrosini the negatives. Seedorf in the first half was a pain for Barca with his quick passes, which led to the Sheva header. He was also very good at keeping the ball between 2 or 3 players. I think the real negative was Pirlo who lately has been in very poor form. Gilardino is the other negative for falling over and being an idiot all the time. But overall I dont think Milan played bad, they just didnt push it for the 2nd half. I think we played better in the first half and were unlucky not to score.

Dont see us qualifying but theres still a chance.

I can see them qualifying still but yeh it'll be hard.

Regarding Seedorf, no I still think he was probably most negative. He did some great stuff in first half like he does in every match such as that nice left-foot cross/pass you pointed out and sure his balance/strength has improved even much more in past couple years so he uses it very nicely now to hold ball even between 2-3 players. But on those 4-5 occassions where he was totally "not focused and almost unaware of his surroundings" and Barca stole ball from him, they could've been very dangerous! Just cuz they didn't capitalize on it doesn't take away from fact at how dangerous those situations could have been though and how much Seedorf would've been at fault for.

I don't know why but his concentration level wasn't up to par with most other players today and that's the main thing that let him down today. Not his passes/strength/vision or anything like that.

Pirlo was a negative sure but we already talked about him and his recent dip in form, that's why I didn't mention him again.

As for Ambrosini, I said only shooting wise which let's face it isn't his strength but in anycase he was disappointing with it. He missed a very good chance and also in another shot he didn't connect properly although that one wasn't a good chance and hard to hit as well plus the guy didn't have too many mins to make a good impression on match.

Gila also we talked about and how he was in some was disappoting.

Gilardino wasted many chances last night...

Btw, if Ancelotti get sack in the summer, do u guys think Sheva will join Chelsea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its annoying how he scores millions with Italy, nice ones too, and not with Milan. I have no idea how he scored 16 goals in the league......

Wish Pippo played.

Milanista said:
Think its a little harsh to call Seedorf and Ambrosini the negatives. Seedorf in the first half was a pain for Barca with his quick passes, which led to the Sheva header. He was also very good at keeping the ball between 2 or 3 players. I think the real negative was Pirlo who lately has been in very poor form. Gilardino is the other negative for falling over and being an idiot all the time. But overall I dont think Milan played bad, they just didnt push it for the 2nd half. I think we played better in the first half and were unlucky not to score.

Dont see us qualifying but theres still a chance.

Don't you think your being a little harsh labeling Gilar as an idiot, I remeber you being over the moon when he signed for Milan.

If Pippo play last night, Milan won the game already and the result will be at least 2-1.

juveboy said:
Don't you think your being a little harsh labeling Gilar as an idiot, I remeber you being over the moon when he signed for Milan.

Never said I didnt like him.... but last night some of his decisions werent necessary.

As a Dutch guy I enjoyed this game a lot, supporting Barca, but also appreciating the Milan game. I think it was a high level game and there are days that chances are wasted and this was teh case with Milan last night. It's not the end of the world though, the Camp Nou game will be a whole new game.
Being a Dutchman I watched closely how the Dutch guys played and except for Seedorf (who wasn't that bad the first half) all ofthem played well. Stam was great, Gio was reliable and a good support for Ronaldinho and van Bommel was very good. He played a smart game, winning against Seedorf and doing valuable things to control the midfield.

I'm really looking forward to next week.

i really don't know what wrong with Gilardino!!:( the guy in serie A is very impressive like he was against Inter but during all the games of milan ac i've seen in Cl He was playing crap i still rate the guy but it is shame he doesn't perform as well in both competition
one thing i really don't understand it 's Ancelotti's substitutions
why always take off Gatusso when like yesterday he was controlling pretty well Ronaldinho?And why not bring amoruso instead of pirlo and to put more pressure on the Barca defence?SO yesterday i would have liked a thing like that during the last 15mn:

dida-cafu,kaladze,nesta,serginho-gattuso(dm)seedorf(cm)kaka(om)- amoruso,gila,shevchenko

Well done to Rijkaard for tactically beating Barca, Edmilson marking Kaka out of the game was spot on.

Pirlo and Seedorf were poor, they didn't really force anything and Ronaldinho showed them that you can have a poor game but still produce that one piece of brilliance to change a game.

Gilardino should have buried those chances he had but I will sorta give him the benefit of the doubt for his second chance cause Kaka made a right mess of it when he simply should of shot at goal himself.

There's still all to play for going into the second leg.

I really thought Milan would beat them, although I think Inzaghi was a huge miss for them, I don't really think he's a great player but in front of goal he can bang them away.

Barca where excellent though, and I've been hoping they'd win it, so hopefully that will happen as Celtic really could do with Barca or Milan winning the trophy, so I'll shout for Barca even more.

FD

denirobob said:
Enjoyed the game, except Ally McCoist.

"You know what Andy, in Ronaldinho, we may be looking at one of the best players in the World"
that avatar....what are you saying,yeah spot on...:D

^
that avatar....

:lol: , some hawt stuffff....

congrats to barca, 1 leg in the final, with deco, messi back for second leg, milan another trophyless season.

will riquelme pull off the same performance in highbury as ronnie did last nite in the san siro?

Villarael's defence is full of injuries, we mite see some goals. They going to use zone-defence apparently to mark henry.

i think its going to be a 1-1 draw.

Damn! Marcos Senna I heard is doubtful too.

Man Gonzalo will be missed!!!! I'd loved to see him battle with Henry to see if he can mark him or not but I guess that'll have to wait for 2nd leg now if he returns.

Holy shit!!! Villarreal lose perhaps most key player after Riquelme! that's not good man!

Pena out too (their 2nd best defender) Arsenal if play well could really cause some damage today.

Let's hope likes of Sorin, Marcos Senna and Josico are at least fit and ready to do a good defensive job in midfield if asked.

Not with refereeing like that they won't.

Must be great supporting a team from the big leagues, can always get the decisions against the lesser teams.

God damn awful game into the bargain.

FD

so far the villa-arse game is a joke. i havent seen such biased refereeing since WC 02. there are at least 4 yellow card fouls (including the penalty that didnt get called) that have gone uncalled and riquelme is getting hacked to shit everytime he gets the ball, then the piece of shit ref goes and cards riquelme for complaining. un-fucking-believable

That was a penalty, but Arsenal had a legitimate goal disallowed at the other end. This happens in football; fucking deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom