UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Pretty obvious who the better team was, but what is really frustrating is every Barcelona goal was caused by slack Celtic play. I can accept it when we've just been outclassed, but it's hard to take when we've caused it ourselves.

Barcelona are great attacking but I still think a team with a bit of class will take a few off them, they have no one to protect their back 4, and their full-backs push on so far they have like 2 players back at times. There was a small period last night where Barcelona were hanging on just for a point, after Sutton scored then Petrov had a terrific effort, before Beletti nearly scored an OG. With a little more sustained pressure they would have shipped more goals of that I'm convinced, it was panic-stations with Beletti.

btw apart from 1 or 2 nice little passes, Ronaldinho was anonymous I thought.

Goal of the night - Ezequiel Gonzalez, but how did Rosenborg lose that game? :eh:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Not sure if anyone goes to CL away games but they have changed the procedure at United.

You now get informed that your application has been successful, you get given a voucher type thing that you have to take to a hotel on the day of the game, then on producing your passport etc you get ya ticket.

Its feckin bonkers, like I said im not sure ifts a United or UEFA thing.

Has this happened to anyone else??

Van, sounds like it's just your lot to be honest. All you have to do at Chelsea is show your travel details and passport (not that they bother looking) and they give you your ticket.

Your way sounds very bizarre! :l

:shock: :shock:
p1-wp-pl-Adriano-v1.jpg

Basilea - Inter 1-1 Adriano
Inter - Basilea 4-1 Adriano, Stankovic, Adriano, Recoba
Chievo - Inter 2-2 Stankovic, Adriano
Inter - Werder Brema 2-0 Adriano, Adriano

4 match 6 goals 8)

T Butcher fan said:
Van, sounds like it's just your lot to be honest. All you have to do at Chelsea is show your travel details and passport (not that they bother looking) and they give you your ticket.

Your way sounds very bizarre! :l

It is mate and its a piss take, having a block of season tickets we ordered tickets for tonites for a few of the lads, like we normally do, we couldnt go but ordering them against our books meant we'd pretty much get tickets for the game in prague but thats been scuppered now :l

Anyway it was great to have CL up and running last nite, some decent games, good nite for the English teams, although Arsenal didnt look the all conquering team the press would ave us believe. Chelsea continued their excellent away record, Drogba sometimes looks like he cant be arsed but his record in Europe is impressive, looked like enjoyed scoring in Paris last nite ;)

Cant say I was suprised at the Celtic Barca result, I thought Celtic would put a fight up but couldnt see them beating Barca, and with Milan away for the next game there campaign could be over before it starts.

Very tough game for us tonite, Lyon are Champions and play some good football from back to front, they usually play 4-3-3 so if they plan to attack it would (usually) suit us, with us being weak at the back I reckon they will really go for us and try and score early, im predicting a very tough 1-1 draw (fingers crossed)

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

Barca's formation was crazy last night. I think they might run into trouble trying to play this against a good counter-attacking side:

-----------------Valdes--------------
-------------------------------------
Beletti----Puyol-----Marquez----Gio VB
----------------Gerard---------------
---Deco----------------------Xavi---
---Giuly------------------Ronaldinho--
-----------------Eto'o---------------

Not bad going forward though, eh?

I'm pretty sure they lined up as above, but they're all interchangeable I guess. I did notice Eto'o popping up on the left a lot though. He probably went out there when Ronaldinho moved inside.

Your suprised?

I aint and support Man U!

Teams a fucking joke and its all Sir Alexs fault

Why play Djemba Djemba plz for christ sake put on P.Neville

Half Time, Roma 0 - Kiev 1. Pretty boring match Mexes sent off at half time for tripping, referee Anders Frisk hit by a coin from the crowd, second half delayed.

cfdh_edmundo said:
Half Time, Roma 0 - Kiev 1. Pretty boring match Mexes sent off at half time for tripping, referee Anders Frisk hit by a coin from the crowd, second half delayed.

TRIPPING?????

that was one of the most disgusting things ive seen, who does he think he is??? he should serve a long ban, you DO NOT push and kick somebody like he did, i think its just wrong

also disgusting fans throwing missiles, it has to be stopped, im still watching it, WHY IS MEXES COMPLAINING? tosser

I totally agree, he should have the book thrown at him the silly fool but then to plead innocence with his actions.

bobogol said:
I totally agree, he should have the book thrown at him the silly fool but then to plead innocence with his actions.
Anyone have a video of that? The fan must've got crazy aim.

De-f**king-lighted Real Madrid got spanked. Its always good to see a team with a management (not Camacho but the idiots above him) as arrogant as them get rolled over every once in a while. How long does it take them to realised that starting with Raul (his form has vanished totally) instead of Morientes and Owen that theyre doing something wrong.

Ive a feeling that maybe Inter or Valenica might win it this year...

wow, RM was smashed, watched the game.
Man utd drawed, but i've got a feeling they need fresh blood... Ronaldo and Van N are the only ones that really want to win... Giggs is still out of form... :\
SAF is making some serious mistakes. better get things right soon ir Man Utd are gonna loose the train!

Dead Man said:
Your suprised?

I aint and support Man U!

Teams a fucking joke and its all Sir Alexs fault

Why play Djemba Djemba plz for christ sake put on P.Neville
man dont you think you jumpend the gun, great teams take points like that after being down......

Was happy with Juves performance. Zlatan was abit passive, but zambrotta and adp wokred well together... nedveds goal was stunning too

The first 2 Leverkusen goals were sweet. Great strikes!!

Apparently the object thrown at referee, Frisk, in the Roma game, was confirmed to have been thrown from the VIP area. I think the likely outcome is that UEFA will let the result stand and award the 3 points to Kiev. Otherwise, the idiot who threw the projectile would have got his way.

Yes, most definetely, they should be awarded the game.

I watched the Man Utd game, although I thought it was a cert draw (which I was right), they where very lucky in the end as Lyon could've scored a fair few goals. Although they have sold a lot of good players and had Elber out injured, they still seemed a decent team.

FD

Lyon game reminded me so much of when Celtic went there last year, except they got the dodgy PK in the last minute, and Juninho's long-range effort went in! Credit where it's due though, Man Utd did great to recover that match, because the way it was going they were going to be on the end of a cricket score.

Back
Top Bottom