UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

You got a point about 2 good chances missed by Eto'o Tuta but apart from that he had a good match. He did okay and even some nice tracking back and defending but yeah he missed a couple good chances that could've put game beyond reach.

pk9 said:
Quick question guys ?

iniesta or fabregas who is better?

arsenal better not try what they did yesterday or how the played in the fa cup 05 in paris!
Iniesta was brilliant over the two legs against Milan. :applause: I never really rated him before, but after two outstanding performances I'm starting to like him.

Produced some cheeky 'sombreros' on Milan players at Nou Camp 8) and passing was top notch, he has potential but I'm sure PLF and others know this long long before.. :mrgreen:

For me Iniesta, think he's class everytime I've saw him. Mind you for a Spaniard he needs to get under a sun-bed or something as he's as white as a ghost. :mrgreen:

Barca deserved it, but Milan must be thinking their luck was out with that goal, mind you I remember seeing a side-on view and I think Shevchenko may have been in an off-side position when he started his run, unfortunately I only saw it the once, so I can't be sure it was him.

FD

PLF said:
Yeah no foul from Sheva on that play. Puyol fell himself but I thought the ref called it for something else like foul from someone else, a bit strange but anyways it doesn't matter now.

Have anyone other perspective view from this scene? i think perspective from behind the goal will clear this up.it´s look like sheva push puyol before the cameraview show it and before the penaltyarea

s16fl.jpg

Great match to watch...both teams were very good...to me there was nothing wrong with Sheva's goal...but on the other hand Costa Curta should have been sent off in the first half...

Milan desperately need younger players (although they played a good campaign...but they should anticipate...sooner or later those players will go downhill).

Off topic=great game yesterday beetween boro and steua!!!:applause: after half a hour Steua was leading 2 nil and boro had to score 4 goals in a hour!!!!:shock: they did it with a great Maccaronne!!!!and Mc Claren's substitutions were simply amazing 4 strikers and only 2 players in defense!!!:applause: final score 4-2 and BORO for the final!!!!looking forward to watch the final:)
final boro-fc seville

ps:sorry to post this here but i didn't know where to post it:)

Yeah it's okay cuz we don't have a Uefa cup thread do we?

Anyways that will be a good final and of course go Sevilla! ;)

lol nah just kiddin.. i'll be neutral as usual but I wouldn't mind the talented team from Sevilla winning it at all!

We respect Milan a lot, as well as we respect Arsenal. Big clubs, big names, big teams. I was at Nou Camp on wednesday, and from my position in the stadium I watch Sheva pushing Puyol at the beggining of the play, but I don't know if it was a powerful enough push to bring down puyol. Puyol is the kind of player who never cheats, so I think that Sheva pushed him a little and the he slipped and falled. It was a legal goal? I really don't know.

Any team could have won, to me it was a final. Milan showed cold blood and expertise and had their chances. Barcelona played very well on the first half, creating very good chances, and at the second half defended well.

I don't know why they say barcelona's weak point is the deffense, being the spanish team with less goals against for 2 years now and having very few goals against in europe. And Milan is not a deffensive team, that's what I saw at Nou Camp, I liked their offensive play overall, so topics about italian football and spanish defenses don't work here.

Hope we beat Arsenal, I'm going to Paris!

I also have a lot of respect for Arsenal. I lived for 3 months in Elephant Road, IN FRONT of Highbury, and watched some matches there, years and years ago, and then Arsenal became my favourite English team. Cheers to all arsenal fans, we meet at St. Denis!

Oooop! I meant Elphinstone Street, of course!!!! I liked that street a lot, just in front of Highbury! But it was years ago! What's susy???

Back
Top Bottom