UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Damjan

World Cup Winner
16 July 2011
Arsenal|Juventus|ASSE
200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

BS2atH8IYAACjCm.jpg:large

Last edited:
Some near-derbies there: Celtic vs Cliftonville, HJK vs Nomme Kalju are both a couple of hours driving & ferry. Hamburg vs Bayern Munich, Juventus v Lazio, Sevilla v Barcelona, Bologna v Napoli or Chelsea v Newcastle would all take longer to drive.

Yes, and Lusitans - EB/Streymur is the furthest, about 2300 km!

Also Borisov to the Kazahkstan club (Karagandy) must be pretty far too, I read somewhere it was almost halfway to Beijing...

200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

First qualifying round draw (2/3 and 9/10 July)
FC Shirak (ARM) v SP Tre Penne (SMR)
FC Lusitans (AND) v EB/Streymur (FRO)

Second qualifying round draw (6/17 and 23/24 July)
Neftçi PFK (AZE) v KS Skënderbeu (ALB)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) v FK Vardar (MKD)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) v FK Željezničar (BIH)
FC Sheriff (MDA) v FK Sutjeska (MNE)
Birkirkara FC (MLT) v NK Maribor (SVN)

Sligo Rovers FC (IRL) v Molde FK (NOR)
IF Elfsborg (SWE) v FC Daugava Daugavpils (LVA)
HJK Helsinki (FIN) v JK Nõmme Kalju (EST)
FK Ekranas (LTU) v FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL)
The New Saints FC (WAL) v Legia Warszawa (POL)
Celtic FC (SCO) v Cliftonville FC (NIR)

GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v CS Fola Esch (LUX)
Győri ETO FC (HUN) v Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
FC BATE Borisov (BLR) v FC Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
Winner first qualifying round Match 1 v FK Partizan (SRB)
ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) v Winner first qualifying round Match 2

bummer Paolo Sousa is the manager of Maccabi, former Videoton manager :RSCARF: cool

I'd like to see UEFA not looking at teams before applying these bans. Corruption out of football for everyone. Not only those who don't have much influence in UEFA. Like Porto in Portugal...

I'd like to see UEFA not looking at teams before applying these bans. Corruption out of football for everyone. Not only those who don't have much influence in UEFA. Like Porto in Portugal...

With UEFA & FIFA being as corrupt themselves it will be hard to legitimately pursue those clubs who walk the same path.

How is the second match-fixing? Belhanda tried a Panenka (which he has succesfully done more than once) but Ochoa saw it coming. Belhanda was nodding to his teammates.

Le facepalm.
If only you knew Belhanda, you would know that he's quite arrogant when it comes to penalty kicks and that he tries panenkas EVERY TIME, but you don't so you want to put the blame of your team's problems on Montpellier's.

Belhanda chips it in the middle (Panenka-style, as Damjan mentioned), everything before that was just two egos effing with each other. Mind games. Happens all the time. Same argument could be made for the "wink-incident".
Yeah, both these examples look fishy, but to automatically assume the worst is just paranoid. And that's exactly why these two cases never stirred up a real scandal: Players (often times) weird behavior on the pitch just doesn't cut it for a decent charge. I mean, what would the argument be? "He winked suspiciously!"? Come on now ...

Same goes, of course, for Fener, too. If there's not enough hard evidence to back it up UEFA's actions can only be described as premature and they surely won't hold up in court.

He is just sad guys. Ignore it. As a Galatasaray fan, I really feel dissapointed. 3 years no Europe for Fenerbahçe means 3 years no extra points for Turkey either. Now they can fully focus on the national league.

FC Lusitanos v EB/Streymur 2:2 (2:0)

Great match from Luzitanos ... Do not expect this from the club from Andorra, hope to see a similar game and in the second match, today it was just wonderful, Bravo guys! Champions League has started! :D

My team, Dinamo Zagreb won against very easy opponent Fola Esch 0:5 in 2nd qualification away game. I think that second match should be only regular. Our singings for new season seems to be very good (Fernandes, Pinto, Migliore) especially Soudani who came to Dinamo from Vitoria Guimares.Here are all goals:
YouTube - Fola Esch - Dinamo (Z) 0:5 - goal

Glad to see Soudani doing so well, hope he'll keep this form for the whole season, we'll need him for the WC.

My team, Dinamo Zagreb won against very easy opponent Fola Esch 0:5 in 2nd qualification away game. I think that second match should be only regular. Our singings for new season seems to be very good (Fernandes, Pinto, Migliore) especially Soudani who came to Dinamo from Vitoria Guimares.Here are all goals:

If the opponent is easy, how is it possible to be not looking good? ;)

Back
Top Bottom