UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

Can understand that, Courtois had a bad season this year, wasn't impressed at all by him. He'll come back, sure of that...something happened at Chelsea with the Belgians (Courtois, Hazard but also Charly Musonda who is great with Betis at the moment).

Hazard's drop is like nothing I've seen before. I've seen players drop like him but only from injury. Players go off the boil, we saw it with a few City players in 12/13 but not to such an extent.
It's baffling because he's obviously a high quality player

To be honest, i always kind of found him overrated. Technically he is great, but imo football is all about finding or creating space. Hazard is the exact opposite of that principle.

IMO he's not even sure of a place in the first eleven of our national team. They put him as left winger but Mertens can also play there (he now plays right winger) and when you put Mertens as a left winger, you can put Carrasco as right winger. Of all the wing players we have (Hazard, Mertens, Carrasco, Chadli, Mirallas and i omit De Bruyne because he's our number 10) Carrasco is the best at the moment and i also think Mertens is better than Hazard.

IMO Hazard should play as a number 10 behind the striker, that is with Chelsea. In our national team that has to be the place of Kevin a player who constantly finds and creates space.

I have a bad feeling about this game and after that blooper of Neuer it might get dangerous.

On a different note: Shows again that possession doesn't win shit for you. I was happy when van Gaal as his master went and I will be so happy the day Guardiola is finally gone. Can't see that anymore.

Edit: Thankfully we have a Vidal in our team...without him we wouldn't be where we are now.

Last edited:
Barca out! :SHOCK:

No-one can defend the CL

Atleti are a defensive supermachine. Bet they practise Defense vs Defense in training lol

Madrid, Munich and Manchester fighting to play in Milan :COOL:

now Id like to see derby madrileño and bayern v city. would set up a very nice final. anyone but bayern to win it hopefully, atlético id like to win, city behind them.

i would like to see Atletico win it... personally, they have been amazing under Simeone, the players deserve highest trophy for their work... Also because Bayern and Real got it already... Manchester City i don´t know... i find it difficult to support the model of how how the club is run...

maaaan.. I wanted to bet on Atleti winning the Cl yesterday but shied away from it because I only saw them as 50/50 vs Barca (but better vs anyone else). Absolutely favourites to win it now for me. Anyone know the best odds on that? :D
Apart from suspension and Ronaldo getting hot from 30-40m (turning into Steph Curry), the only one I can see undoing them is Müller. Suarez came close but they are used to him, Müller might actually surprise them. But then Atleti are definitely gonna score against this Bayern D. I so wanna see Simeone vs Guardiola.

It's a shame Tuchel & Sarri are missing out on the CL in a down year for the favourites. Could've shaken stuff up even more.

PSG absolutely can't deal with the absence of Verratti (& Motta). Just saying they're are different/worse team without them is not even grasping the gravity of it. They had to abandon their whole style. Like Bayern learning from the effect of missing Robben & Ribery last year, I hope they get themselves some insurances.

Really want to see Atletico win it, Godin is one of the best CB's in god knows how long.

I love his take no shit manner.

Awesome defensive display from them and thoroughly deserved.

As was City who outplayed PSG over the two games, although I do think PSG were especially poor, just general passing, absolute woeful and think of the money they spent, jings.

FD

I just want Real Madrid and Manchester City to be thrashed :P Focusing to Europa League now, CL lost my interest.. :\

We finish 5th in the PL
We get to the CL Final.
We face Bayern
We lose to Bayern and Pep knocks himself into the Europa League next season.

Typical City

Sounds like a plan that I want to become real. :LOL:

But no, I wish for City in the semis and Real in the final. That would be the easiest of all possibilities for Bayern I think.

'Easiest' draw for us. Real have the most flaws of the 3.

Obviously CRonaldo could demolish us in like 5 minutes but if we can keep him out we have the forward players to punish them

yeah exactly! i dont even know who to cheer for! :D great games to look out for thats for sure, clash of the styles. a bit im hoping for a british success tho

12974531_1220482081331585_4771014644773802373_n.jpg

Whilst I like Real Madrid, I hope that Atletico do it in the CL, although I still hope Real win La Liga then.

I think City may see off Real, sometimes they can be really really poor such as against Wolfsburg and they ain't gonna get away with it.

Hope Atletico see off Bayern, although can't see it personally.

FD

How tough are Atletico, one of the best defensive units I've saw.

Some goal also, just a pity Torres shot never sneaked in.

FD

Really enjoyed that match between Atletico and Bayern.
What a great goal by Saul...(some smart ass will say that it was bad defending, but the best goals are bad defending).

And yes what a shame that Torres hit the post...

It was not bad defending , I saw a slide tackle that Saul dodged by seconds. I think that was by far the best solo goal this year. You have to look at the sort of match and the opponents. Atletí sells their best every season , but still manage to come stronger from it. I don't understand how?! Cholo is a miracle worker, I'd love them to do the double and who can moan about that? Not me!

Borussia Dortmund are comparable to Atletico, they also constantly loose their best players and keep doping well, not as well as Atletico, nut i prefer Dortmund's football (which is entirely sibjective of course).

I think Dortmund been doing it longer though and doing it while feeding Bayern. That makes them more likable as well . I too prefer Dortmund fútbol, it only recently Ive been about Atletí

Back
Top Bottom